Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Still confused... about Category 1A

Stateroom # 7103 - Category 1A - Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda

Deluxe Veranda staterooms are private sanctuaries where you'll enjoy both in and outdoor space -

relax in the spacious lounge or step outside to linger over morning coffee or wonder at evening sunsets.

Large porthole window.

Occupancy: Can accommodate up to 2 guests in this particular cabin Accessible? No Window (?)

Type:Balcony Stateroom Size: 201 sq ft sq ft*

Balcony 40 sq ft sq ft*

*Square footage is not specific to this cabin, but rather as an average in this category type.

Category 1A

How could this cabin be advertised as having a balcony, when it has a porthole window?

Edited by $hip$hape

Still confused... about Category 1A

Stateroom # 7103 - Category 1A - Deluxe Ocean View Stateroom with Veranda

Deluxe Veranda staterooms are private sanctuaries where you'll enjoy both in and outdoor space - relax in the spacious lounge or step outside to linger over morning coffee or wonder at evening sunsets. This stateroom class features a king-sized luxury mattress, 24 hour room service, robes, custom blended bath products, complimentary tote bag, hair dryer, mini bar, private safe, and flat-screen television.

Large porthole window.

Occupancy: Can accommodate up to 2 guests in this particular cabin Accessible? No Window (?)

Type:Balcony Stateroom Size: 201 sq ft sq ft*

Balcony 40 sq ft sq ft*

*Square footage is not specific to this cabin, but rather as an average in this category type.

Category 1A (NOT A1)

How could this cabin be advertised as having a balcony, when it has a porthole window?

This is a new veranda category on the Edge with a round opening in the veranda. They are 1A's or 1B's, depending upon the deck, or deluxe oceanview with veranda or deluxe veranda - I've seen all 3 names. I circled where the 6th deck ones are located and you can see that there are others above, in the aft and forward. The close up gives you an idea of what the balcony opening looks like. I can't wait to see one on our cabin crawl! clear.png?emoji-grin-1677

enhance

enhance

ff225e30ccb291b3ea7a21ff083a8783.jpg

This is a new veranda category on the Edge with a round opening in the veranda.

They are 1A's or 1B's, depending upon the deck, or deluxe oceanview with veranda or deluxe veranda.

I can't wait to see one on our cabin crawl! :D

Thank you vtcruising

You have amazing powers of observation !

Our cabin, 7299, will be right next to a 1A.

So maybe, we will be knocking on our neighbors door for a peek.

Michael

Edited by $hip$hape

Thank you vtcruising

You have amazing powers of observation!

Michael

I am fascinated by this type of cabin - these and the SV's are the only non-suite cabins with traditional balconies. We have one to view on our cabin crawl for the Dec 6 cruise, so anxious to see this cabin. I'm not sure it would be light enough for us, but might make a nice, economical balcony cabin choice.

EXCELLENT!

thanks again Lloyd

Vt. Just a quick aside Q..... re the white apparatus in the second pic...just over the blue part..that is what I was asking about previously...curious about what it is, what it does and where it travels????

EXCELLENT!

thanks again Lloyd

Vt. Just a quick aside Q..... re the white apparatus in the second pic...just over the blue part..that is what I was asking about previously...curious about what it is, what it does and where it travels????

Maybe a window washing device? There is one on the deck 14 above at in the same picture - follows the rail around the ship washing windows.

I am not a fan of the new look in ships generally, Most are too huge and stacked so high that they look like less like vessels and more like containerized people barges...

BUT I must agree that EDGE is much better looking than the recent Norwegian models and some other ships out there. Other than the Big Orange eyesore....EDGE looks pretty good...

I labeled a few things, just for fun...:D

enhance

enhance

Thanks for the labels...very helpful! BLU outside dining looks a bit squeezed in...but is an option not previously offered, We can also see what the possible views are from the 4 MDRs and the outside EDEN area.

Cafe Baccio, and Raw on 5 seem to be inside the Magic Carpet tracks...interesting!.

Thanks for the labels...very helpful! BLU outside dining looks a bit squeezed in...but is an option not previously offered, We can also see what the possible views are from the 4 MDRs and the outside EDEN area.

Cafe Baccio, and Raw on 5 seem to be inside the Magic Carpet tracks...interesting!.

There are only 22 seats outside Blu so maybe will be similar to inside space. It will likely be popular for breakfast when in port!

I hadn't noticed that the Cafe al Bacio was along the tracks before either. It was cool to see how the Magic Carpet Restaurant will attach to Raw on 5 when on docked at Deck 5. They each have their own menus, that complement each other. I could see eating this out on the MC! :D

enhance

What is that seafood Towers trilogy dinner called and what restaurant can it be found?

The Imperial Tower (smaller version is The Chateau) :D

At Raw on 5

menu: https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/Raw-On-5_Correct-Order.pdf

Magic Carpet Restaurant (on deck 5 when attached to Raw on 5)

menu: https://www.celebritycruises.com/edge/content/uploads/2018/02/MagicCarpet1.pdf

Two quick videos made by Noël Ganuchaud in the FB group.

Thanks Lloyd for the videos and photos. For a second I was wondering if they would remove that scissor lift that was at the top of the bow area before they start the sea trials.

Thanks Lloyd for the videos and photos. For a second I was wondering if they would remove that scissor lift that was at the top of the bow area before they start the sea trials.
Actually, this is when they did it...

2ff493e8e5e5efe9c0da98a3457dfb19.jpg9f936a7c2633fdd8a8ee2efea8d5a977.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk