Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I noticed that "perceived" narrowing upward when we switched into that cabin...from the one that connects to the suite. May or may not be so...

If it is larger we'll enjoy the space but think higher up is always better for views etc...we will be sort of overlooking glass top of Eden.,,

Can you tell me what the orange and white things are that are sticking put on the right?

You may need those eye masks because I've heard that Eden gets sinful at night! ;)

Hi, What days does the sea trials?

From Lloyd:

Three days of sea trials for the Edge begin on Thursday, July 26. Departure at around 5pm, St-Nazaire time.

On Wednesday it will be transferred from the wharf of Penhoët, where it is currently, to the form Joubert (schedule unknown for the moment).

The Edge will return to Saint-Nazaire on Sunday, July 29th, at around 6am.

Schedules are not final and may change.

I noticed that "perceived" narrowing upward when we switched into that cabin...from the one that connects to the suite. May or may not be so...

If it is larger we'll enjoy the space but think higher up is always better for views etc...we will be sort of overlooking glass top of Eden.,,

Can you tell me what the orange and white things are that are sticking put on the right?

Do you mean the Magic Carpet (with its fringe)??

Looking at the picture it could be an illusion. The upper decks have dividers that look straight, the lower decks looks "slanted out". I know on the M class the lower deck you go aft the longer the balcony is. That's why we loved decks 7 and 8 on that class. Look closely if you can and try to picture all of the dividers being "straight up and down". Maybe that is the illusion?????.. Just looked that way to me. The deck may be longer but not wider.

Looking at the picture it could be an illusion. The upper decks have dividers that look straight, the lower decks looks "slanted out". I know on the M class the lower deck you go aft the longer the balcony is. That's why we loved decks 7 and 8 on that class. Look closely if you can and try to picture all of the dividers being "straight up and down". Maybe that is the illusion?????.. Just looked that way to me. The deck may be longer but not wider.

I know, that's what I thought at first but why would the cabins next door look as if they have the splayed end of the partition impinging on the corner of their balconies - maybe that's part of the illusion too. Celebrity people are probably reading this and laughing. :D

I will do another round of cabins on the "Where's My Cabin" thread tonight. :D

link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2658010

Bless you ... you have the patience of a saint. Remember Chinese proverb, "If you save a life, you responsible for that life." Updated.... if you locate a cabin you are responsible to locate all cabins.:D

Bless you ... you have the patience of a saint. Remember Chinese proverb, "If you save a life, you responsible for that life." Updated.... if you locate a cabin you are responsible to locate all cabins.:D

Okay, when I get onboard and people enjoy their beverage package a little too much, I will be there to guide them back to their cabins. I am getting to know this ship pretty well! :D

Ready to move on to the public areas! When are they going to release the official deck plans... now that they have covered up the previous one. By the way is the destination gateway... the excursion desk or something new... any thoughts? Any place for us lowly regular cabin folks to be able to look out in the front of the ship?

Given the definition of Apex e.g. 1) upper most point, 2) highest or culminating point... some other names for future ships in this class: Capstone, Crescendo, Crest, Crown, Peak, Pinnacle and my personal favorite Climax... Interestingly other synonyms include Summit and Zenith. :)

Ready to move on to the public areas! When are they going to release the official deck plans... now that they have covered up the previous one. By the way is the destination gateway... the excursion desk or something new... any thoughts? Any place for us lowly regular cabin folks to be able to look out in the front of the ship?

It is the place outside of tendering area on 2. It is for everyone.

"Destination Gateway is a modern, multi-purpose area that brings the destination to life. When the Magic Carpet is positioned here, Destination Gateway serves as a comfortable and welcoming environment that leads to the Edge Launches for easy and effortless transportation ashore. Destination Gateway will immerse guests in their next destination, with highlights of the port of call displayed on large LCD screens. Together, Destination

Gateway, Magic Carpet, and the Edge Launches make for a seamless transition off and on the ship. When not in use for tendering ashore, Destination Gateway is a learning and activity center where destination enrichment talks, Celebrity Shore Excursion information sessions, and more are hosted."

enhance

Okay, when I get onboard and people enjoy their beverage package a little too much,

I will be there to guide them back to their cabins. I am getting to know this ship pretty well! :D

I have no idea who you are, but thank you anyway for showing us the way.

Michael

X Edge B2B January 27th & February 03, 2019

I love the first one because of the lighting - about the time we would be heading out for a cocktail before dinner.... and I like the last one because it really shows the various elevations and what the impact of the bump outs may or may not be. Thanks! :D

That funnel and the illuminated X is one of the best, most innovative ship designs since Carnival introduced its whale tale in 1982. If Celebrity has any branding intelligence they’ll keep this design on every future ship. It could become as iconic as Carnival’s. Beautiful.

That funnel and the illuminated X is one of the best, most innovative ship designs since Carnival introduced its whale tale in 1982. If Celebrity has any branding intelligence they’ll keep this design on every future ship. It could become as iconic as Carnival’s. Beautiful.

Agreed, I also really like this funnel design.

Given the definition of Apex e.g. 1) upper most point, 2) highest or culminating point... some other names for future ships in this class: Capstone, Crescendo, Crest, Crown, Peak, Pinnacle and my personal favorite Climax... Interestingly other synonyms include Summit and Zenith. :)

At least they did not name the second ship "Edge-ier". It doesn't matter because at first I will be "on-Edge".