Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

$hip$hape, there is no transatlantic available for public booking.

As you surmised.

So, as the Edge comes to Florida this winter, with no "public booking",

'just wondering why?:)

(Maybe this is the wrong thread to be asking)

Thanks Lloyd and vtcruising! Lloyd, I still believe Celebrity should come to their senses, comp you a suite, and rename the MC, L’Edge (hope you’ve trademarked the name wink wink nudge nudge). Vtcruising, isn’t it time for Celebrity to name you the Edge Ambassador and give you an upgrade?

enhance

Oh no, soot is heading toward my balcony! ;)

enhance

A cool shot of the Edge and the town (notice the MC silhouette, the Rooftop Garden sculptures and distinct funnel):

enhance

Last one freaks me out.

Is that Godzilla? :eek::eek:

Thanks Lloyd and vtcruising! Lloyd, I still believe Celebrity should come to their senses, comp you a suite, and rename the MC, L’Edge (hope you’ve trademarked the name wink wink nudge nudge). Vtcruising, isn’t it time for Celebrity to name you the Edge Ambassador and give you an upgrade?

I second that for Celebrity to hookup Lloyd.

And yes thank you to Lloyd and VT for this great round of photos and videos.

Many of the comments both positive and critical have merit. My biggest concern is the acceptance of the virtual cabin. While we have one reserved I wonder how the general public or should I say cruise public will accept the cabin vs a balcony.....they are not the same.

Great PIX Lloyd!

I first booked a suite and an infinite balcony but was afraid I would not like the infinity so we traded for a Sunset for that trip instead. I will look at them when I am on and maybe try another time?

For those of you that are ship building experts or study deck plans, I have a question.

In looking at the attached deck plans I notice a slight wide spacing between some cabins. For example, 10146 and 10150, 10147 and 10151, 9183 and 9187 or 10114 and 10116 and so on other decks. Why or what is this space? Is this perhaps were the blocks are joined together or something else? Thoughts?

2318650f6cf5181d726aba5f298ede48.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It a fire wall. The ship is sectioned off into fire zones, and that is an extra thick fireproof wall. There will be a recessed fire door in the corridor right there as well.

Thanks, are they ar beginning and end of a block or have nothing do with the block

Luv the question and response

Yes they are the beginning and ending of that particular fire zone. In many respects it’s desirable to have a cabin directly next to one, as that wall will be extra thick and you won’t hear anything from the cabin next door.

Until today I had no opinion really of the MC. Seeing it now at sea, not liking it. Bet it has to grow on you but I think it makes the ship look weird on the starboard side. JUST MY OPINION. Anyone else think it looks awkward? Loving the port side look. Now that is a classy ship. We booked port side for January and I'm glad we did. Looking forward to sailing this beauty but, that MC, still not so sure I like it.

Pat C

I agree that Lloyd deserves something for keeping us entertained. I think I will start a petition to get him a free cruise and the Ll'edge named after him. :D

I don't know if I would make a good ambassador, but if they want to give me an upgrade, I'll take it!

Yes they are the beginning and ending of that particular fire zone. In many respects it’s desirable to have a cabin directly next to one, as that wall will be extra thick and you won’t hear anything from the cabin next door.

That was one thing I was wondering about. Thanks again for the added explanation.

VT do you have any idea of what that is that is hanging outside 12107. I can't seem to find a clear photo... but it is the cabin on the port side just next to the first jut out. The cabin is a IV next to Royal Suite. It looks like there is a structure hanging down in front of this cabin. I still see it in newer photos.. but very blurry, so I am not positive. These photos show you what I am talking about.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e8/dd/ff/e8ddffe8af71df19d5a98e5aa9aa94b8.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/4b/b8/124bb8bea4d14ba2843741c5a7dfa3ae.jpg

VT do you have any idea of what that is that is hanging outside 12107. I can't seem to find a clear photo... but it is the cabin on the port side just next to the first jut out. The cabin is a IV next to Royal Suite. It looks like there is a structure hanging down in front of this cabin. I still see it in newer photos.. but very blurry, so I am not positive. These photos show you what I am talking about.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e8/dd/ff/e8ddffe8af71df19d5a98e5aa9aa94b8.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/4b/b8/124bb8bea4d14ba2843741c5a7dfa3ae.jpg

If it's the circled item that you are referring to, it's likely left over from the large covering. It appears to be gone in newest photos of float out. bfaa30f8164bbf8e0bfe66625e73ecab.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk