Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Great photos thank you so much- great photos of the ugliest ship I have every layed eyes on. The bow part... uah! Really not a masterpiece of shipbuilding- and three or so more of those " Celebrity Ugly´s " are due to come out!

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder”...

Your comments sound similar to those expressed by much of the public when the Norwegian Epic debuted.

IMO, the Edge is indeed unique in appearance, but far more attractive than the Epic. 😉

And btw, the bow is very similar to cruise ships of the past such as the Titanic, so everything old is new again... 😎

Great photos thank you so much- great photos of the ugliest ship I have every layed eyes on. The bow part... uah! Really not a masterpiece of shipbuilding- and three or so more of those " Celebrity Ugly´s " are due to come out!

Be prepared for more of the same. It seems the reverse bow is the latest flavor of the month as far as hull design is concerned. The Virgin Group's cruise ship has a similar bow as do some commercial vessels from Norway.

Be prepared for more of the same. It seems the reverse bow is the latest flavor of the month as far as hull design is concerned. The Virgin Group's cruise ship has a similar bow as do some commercial vessels from Norway.

Many of the comments both positive and critical have merit. My biggest concern is the acceptance of the virtual cabin. While we have one reserved I wonder how the general public or should I say cruise public will accept the cabin vs a balcony.....they are not the same.

Lloyd555, thanks for that video of the port side and those photos of the starboard side of The Edge.. When The Edge is in port and passengers are boarding her. We will not see the white paint & orange strips. Because The MG will be in that position. That is going to cool IMHO.

I am not a fan of the new look in ships generally, Most are too huge and stacked so high that they look like less like vessels and more like containerized people barges...

BUT I must agree that EDGE is much better looking than the recent Norwegian models and some other ships out there. Other than the Big Orange eyesore....EDGE looks pretty good...

Agree with your comments. I think Edge is a good looking ship given what they build these days. But I could do without the orange Magic Carpet gimmick which takes her down from elegant to something less.

I actually find the bow quite appealing.

Back to basics (there is so much information on this thread), I seem to be missing something.

From Wikipedia: Celebrity Edge will be homeported in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. She’ll operate Caribbean sailings.

In April 2019, the liner will take a Transatlantic voyage.

She’ll spend summer 2019 cruising around Europe and the Mediterranean.

She’s scheduled to return to Fort Lauderdale in November 2019.

Is there no "Transatlantic voyage" in late 2018 to get the Edge to Fort Lauderdale in the first place?

Edited by $hip$hape

Thanks to Lloyd and Vtcruising for the photos!

Love the look of the ship until this last shot at sea. The color outline of the MC and the white hull at its bottom just disrupts the whole flow of the ship imo.