Cabin Recategorization Coming

When does this take effect? Our genie already contacted us for our 4/2 sailing on allure and we are in a 2 bedroom aqua.

The recategorization takes effect for the new sailings being released starting next week.

Not a chance!! I have been trying to use their booking tool on and off for the past 2 days and all I get is a blank screen when I click on a specific itinerary....unbelievable..... Their IT department could not be any worse:mad:

I have been getting the same thing for weeks now. I tried dumping cookies and cache,

which worked for awhile, then it became blank screens again. Have gone to Explorer

browser, getting in that way, but now even that one comes up with "this link appears

to be broken". :(

Geezz...RCI demons of the IT department ....once again torturing us!! :evilsmile:

The different suite categories will not apply until the new deployments come out. If you're booked in a star class now, you're staying in star class. As of the 2018/19 deployments, that's when the suites may change from star to sky

And yes, there were 3 webinars today, the last one just ended.

The different suite categories will not apply until the new deployments come out. If you're booked in a star class now, you're staying in star class. As of the 2018/19 deployments, that's when the suites may change from star to sky

And yes, there were 3 webinars today, the last one just ended.

Did you learn anything interesting?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Some screenshots of slides from the webinar today. They are basically trying to create uniformity across the fleet. It does seem a little complicated to start with but by the end of their explanation it was starting to make sense.

Not all the relevant slides with explanations are posted below, I didn't manage to get all of them.

6b4d5bb481b0778ca8ec90dfb2b5eb50.jpg

aed7bfad6554feef1fa7cd2811a94892.jpg

ef12712b31713cbd615b91bf9eed1751.jpg

e1ba635408dd39e00a57730890df589e.jpg

24f40065d7856df0bc1bbc3cf82dd22d.jpg

Guess us Aft lovers are going to have to pay an extra 20% for the privilege.

When the schedule is released....I'll be on the phone putting deposits down on cabins and then figuring it out later. Corner afts will still go fast.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

When the schedule is released....I'll be on the phone putting deposits down on cabins and then figuring it out later. Corner afts will still go fast.

4 yrs running...Loose a little sleep but always get mine!

It not just the Skyloft suite that is no longer Star class it is also all the 2 bedroom Aquatheatre suites as well.

Only 2 Star class suites on Harmony. The Royal Loft and

The 4 bedroom suite.

3 Star class suites on Allure and Oasis. Royal Loft, Grand Loft and Owners Loft.

Looks like it's down to 1 genie per ship.

Are the changes to Star Class not happening until May 2018????? I booked a 2 Bedroom Aqua Theater Suite for this August.

How do you figure 20% :confused:

They may have a higher deposit though. ;p

How do you figure 20% :confused:

They may have a higher deposit though. ;p

Around 20% is the norm with other lines from lowest ocean balcony to aft balcony. Priced it many times.....

This has hot mess written all over it. Be very interested to see the differences in the types of JS.

Yes completely...I'm going to hate paying different prices for my JS's...Aft vs Hump maybe even a difference for the corner afts...this is crazy :loudcry:

Agree with what you are saying wholeheartedly. However my point is even the SLS room is not setup for a family imo (perhaps one child). They can say it sleeps 4 (no way my kids are sleeping in a pull out couch together) but that is not going to happen. Most that are booking these rooms that are left in Star Class, in general, are 2 people with the exception of the RLS and 4 bdrm.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Maybe you should look at the OLS and GLS and ask for a separate cot for one of your kids. If kids are younger I can see them sleeping together, the older they get the funnier it would look/be. With the OLS and GLS the adult sleeping area is more separated from where the kids would sleep, giving the two of you space.;)

You are correct though, most of the "new" Star Class cabins are more apt to be three person (unless the kids are younger) except for the two larger ones you mentioned. Are they old enough for their own cabin?

This has hot mess written all over it. Be very interested to see the differences in the types of JS.

Yes completely...I'm going to hate paying different prices for my JS's...Aft vs Hump maybe even a difference for the corner afts...this is crazy :loudcry:

Agreed.

We still don't have a response from whomever posted about single vs. double points for JS.:confused::confused::confused:

Agreed.

We still don't have a response from whomever posted about single vs. double points for JS.:confused::confused::confused:

Junior suites are listed in the suite category class on the recategorization grid flyer.

Personally when it comes to perks like Star class I think MSC has the right model. Don't make it for big elaborate and expensive rooms, but more smaller rooms. Sure it's more people that have the perk on the ship, but RCL prices themselves out for many people. For me I don't mind paying more for the perks, but I'm not breaking the bank to do it

Junior suites are listed in the suite category class on the recategorization grid flyer.

Did you notice the Family Panoramic OV on Deck 12 of Freedom and Voyager ships are now classified as suites. Ocean View Panoramic Suite (No Balcony)

Price increase there I'll bet.

Did you notice the Family Panoramic OV on Deck 12 of Freedom and Voyager ships are now classified as suites. Ocean View Panoramic Suite (No Balcony)

They spoke about those specifically. They want to sell those to families who want a suite but have kids and are concerned about the balcony.

Price increase is likely, but it should come with suite-level amenities.

We've got one of these booked on Explorer on July. Suite benefits would've been nice but the price was already plenty high. Liked the one and a half baths - hope we're able to go and that it's worth it.

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

They spoke about those specifically. They want to sell those to families who want a suite but have kids and are concerned about the balcony.

Price increase is likely, but it should come with suite-level amenities.

They are listed under the Junior Suites - so I would think the Family Panoramic OV would get the same benefits as the Junior Suites.