I wish Celebrity would offer suites for the space WITHOUT the perks!

Pier290

I wish they would offer a few larger suites just for the space and nicer cabin alone without paying for all the extra perks.....wish they would add another cabin category.....

SUITES WITHOUT DINING PERKS...

Seems lots of other cruise lines offer these.....just thought about this because our sailing is sold out ALL BUT THE SUITES and it would be nice to grab one for the extra luxurious space as,we are fine dining in the MDR !

Oh well....just an early morning thought[emoji12]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Not me....

I love my larger space!!

I love my perks!!!

And I don't think I'm alone.

Perkless suits would certainly be hard to monitor and police, for sure. Just wondering what perks you would eliminate IF something like this were to fly?????

Not me....

I love my larger space!!

I love my perks!!!

Perkless suits would certainly be hard to monitor and police, for sure. Just wondering what perks you would eliminate IF something like this were to fly?????

Idk...specialty dining and bars....fine with eating in MDR, internet....no need for it, mini bar inclusion...no need, Classic BEV pkg instead of Premium....

There are several suites available on our sailing with everything else sold out....wish we could grab one for a small up charge from what we paid for our concierge veranda and inside cabins....oh well.

It's just the cost jump from Aqua to Suite is HUGE....wish they had an "in between" suite offered.....

We had A1 cabin and changed to a Sky Suites. Our cost was $900 to get all 4 perks. We only had one perk before. On Celebrity website if you hit see other offers. Then state discount you get a price without the perks.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

WOW. WHO KNEW?! Thank you

There are several suites available on our sailing with everything else sold out....wish we could grab one for a small up charge from what we paid for our concierge veranda and inside cabins....oh well.

It's just the cost jump from Aqua to Suite is HUGE....wish they had an "in between" suite offered.....

I agree - I would love to try a suite, but the cost difference is too high for me - Concierge to Sky is often double the price per person on the dates I can go :loudcry:

Two years ago on the Silhouette Baltic, the AQ A1 and Suite Guarantee were the same price as we were booking after final payment. As we are Elite and not big drinkers, we did fine without the perks. We had the internet and the laundry and we were able to eat in Blu as well as Luminae( except for the service I was not impressed by Luminae).

As I usually book a handicap cabin, and my AQ was H/C and Suite Guarantee was a regular Cabin, I was OK with riding my scooter down to the Spa to use the H/C shower. The icing on the cake was that a H/C Suite became available and they allowed me to change Cabins a week before sailing.

Don't know if we will be this lucky ever again.

I wish they would offer a few larger suites just for the space and nicer cabin alone without paying for all the extra perks.....wish they would add another cabin category.....

SUITES WITHOUT DINING PERKS...

Seems lots of other cruise lines offer these.....just thought about this because our sailing is sold out ALL BUT THE SUITES and it would be nice to grab one for the extra luxurious space as,we are fine dining in the MDR !

Oh well....just an early morning thought[emoji12]

If you want a larger stateroom without the cost and suite perks/amenities, sometimes you can grab a category FV (family veranda). Often times they are held back for families of 4-5, but if gone unsold are released into general inventory for any party size. We've booked them many times in the past for a party of two.

Are you talking about a suite without the current Go Best perks of Premium Beverage Package, Free Graituities, Free Internet and $300 OBC, but you would still have access to Luminae and Michael's Club? Or are you really talking just the cabin ---- no Luminae or Michael's Club, no priority tendering, priority embarkation and disembarkation, and anything else I'm not thinking of? If it's the latter, you're asking Celebrity to give up its niche within the suite experience market that several cruise lines promote. It's not going to happen.

Suites are valuable real estate. They don't want to sell them perk-less for less. They add the perks in to justify raising the prices. And on most of the sailings I've looked at they are the first category to sell out. There's no reason for them to offer suites without perks except for the occasional sailing where they don't sell out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You can get "perkless" suites on Princess, they are all "perkless." - no butler, no Michaels Club, no drink package, no private dining, no Internet, but you do get ONE complimentary mini-bar set up, complimentary laundry, and a roped off section of the MDR with the same menu. The bad news is you will pay just as much for that "perkless" suite on Princess as a comparable (space wise) suite on Celebrity with all the perks! So, compared to the pricing on competing cruise lines, you are getting those perks for "free" on Celebrity. If you want a larger Veranda stateroom on Celebrity you can always ask for GTY (guarantee) stateroom and hope that you can snag a Family Veranda or Handicap Veranda at the last minute.

I don't think Celebrity has a problem selling their suites because, apparently, the new Edge class ships are reported to have a much higher percentage of suites in inventory than their current ships.

Suites are valuable real estate. They don't want to sell them perk-less for less. They add the perks in to justify raising the prices. And on most of the sailings I've looked at they are the first category to sell out. There's no reason for them to offer suites without perks except for the occasional sailing where they don't sell out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is my understanding that all Suites are perk less outside of USA and Canada. Friends from England were in a Suite and didn't have any perks.

Are you talking about a suite without the current Go Best perks of Premium Beverage Package, Free Graituities, Free Internet and $300 OBC, but you would still have access to Luminae and Michael's Club? Or are you really talking just the cabin ---- no Luminae or Michael's Club, no priority tendering, priority embarkation and disembarkation, and anything else I'm not thinking of? If it's the latter, you're asking Celebrity to give up its niche within the suite experience market that several cruise lines promote. It's not going to happen.

Yes you still have access to MC and Luminae. All the free drinks in MC.

If you want a larger stateroom without the cost and suite perks/amenities, sometimes you can grab a category FV (family veranda). Often times they are held back for families of 4-5, but if gone unsold are released into general inventory for any party size. We've booked them many times in the past for a party of two.

Yep I know this but they are located in the very front of the ship and right now cost is DOUBLE per adult for the FV....

The point of my post....currently there are ONLY several suites available on our sailing still with only 39 days out....prices haven't budged. Every other cabin is SOLD OUT besides the Family Veranda too which is still very very expensive compared to what we paid for our Concierge Veranda AND inside cabin combined....

I was just saying it would be nice to be able to snag a suite FOR THE SPACE just by paying a SMALL upgrade fee from our current reservation. .....we don't need or want the MC or Luminae...we do have Premium BEV pkg and the OBC right now...I might call them but will probably get no where. LOL !!

X may also feel that it costs them less in the big picture to hold to a minimum pricing on some popular sailings and risk having a room (esp a suite) go unsold versus diluting the brand and pricing power. They also can sometimes up sell cabins via targeted offers prior to embarkation (or even seen the occasional post of upgrades sold at the pier or even on board).

You can get pricing for the rooms without the Go Best promo applied, examples are resident rates, but sometimes a good TA can also see other unpublished rates YMMV. It looks like X pricing has adjusted up over the last year or so to basically roll in the cost of the Go Big/Better/Best promos into the cost of the cruises. Resident rate on a suite was 1,000 less than Go Best rate on a sailing I was looking at (and Res Rate dropped the Go Best perks).

Because of the price inflation on X over the last year or so, our next sailing will be with Princess because the fare was ~$1,000 less for a balcony cabin on a similar (though not identical) itinerary with a less convenient 1-day earlier sail date (X left Friday, P leaves Saturday). I'm interested in comparing our experience between the two lines. We haven't sailed Princess in a few years now, but have enjoyed their product every time we sailed with them so far. Since it'll only be <4 months apart between an X and a P cruise it will give us a good opportunity to try to assess whether the premium pricing on X is justified (especially now that X has indicated they won't be sailing Summit out of SJU most of the '18 winter season, again :mad:).

I do hear you that the Perk pricing can make it a little confusing (and can have some pros and cons as you compare ships, itineraries, and even lines).

The point of my post....currently there are ONLY several suites available on our sailing still with only 39 days out....prices haven't budged. Every other cabin is SOLD OUT besides the Family Veranda too which is still very very expensive compared to what we paid for our Concierge Veranda AND inside cabin combined....

I was just saying it would be nice to be able to snag a suite FOR THE SPACE just by paying a SMALL upgrade fee from our current reservation. .....we don't need or want the MC or Luminae...we do have Premium BEV pkg and the OBC right now...I might call them but will probably get no where. LOL !!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app[/quote

You can check the sailing to see if a state discount is offered which eliminates the "Go Best" offer by selecting the line "Want to see if you qualify for a different discount?" which is directly below the "Go Best" offer. Then several options are available to select, i.e. state, 55+, fire, military,police.

If I was in Celebrity's position I would not offer you a room minus the cost of perks...I would look for a guest I would be willing to upgrade for a minimum cost who would, post experience, value the suite perks, be hooked and then insist ...'next booking must be in a suite...'

Economics rule...people are not paying for suite rooms for the real estate they are paying for the rooms and the value added perks.

The idea is a non starter. Suites sell and I suspect that Celebrity will significantly increase prices on Celebrity Edge. I predict that numbers of cruisers will complain about the prices, but the cabins will sell out to those who are more than willing to pay the price.

Not me....

I love my larger space!!

I love my perks!!!

It seems as thought there are guests who want the perks we get..i.e. room size and other fantastic suite provisions but... they want to pay the fee they pay for their inside cabin..sorry Its not the way cruising works...you get what you pay for, with that being said, we have been way tooo spoiled by our butlers and room assistants to even consider a (gasp)...cabin thats not a suite:p