Connecting Door rooms? Will I have noise from neighbors?

aimcat

We have our cruise coming up in a week on Harmony. I just realized our room is a connecting room. I was so excited when I booked and got a room close to the elevators that I didn't even see that part. Will we have noise from neighbors because of connecting door? Trying to see if I should try and change rooms or will it be no big deal?

We have our cruise coming up in a week on Harmony. I just realized our room is a connecting room. I was so excited when I booked and got a room close to the elevators that I didn't even see that part. Will we have noise from neighbors because of connecting door? Trying to see if I should try and change rooms or will it be no big deal?

If you have quiet neighbors, it won't make a difference. If you don't have quiet neighbors, then the sound will much louder than if there was no connecting door. I try to avoid connecting rooms.

Eeeekkk that is what I was afraid of. We have had connecting hotel rooms before with no issues but just seems like cruise ships rooms lack that little extra insulation for noise.

We have never had any problems with a connecting room. Read that one can place a towel or blanket, etc at the bottom of the door to muffle sound. We have had more trouble with noise above us than connected to us.

Only had a connecting room once....never again. Every morning we were wakened up by the occupant....coughing ....cough cough cough....a real deep "up from the boots" sort of cough. Don't think a blanket/towel would have made any difference.

As others have mentioned, if you have loud neighbors the sound is certainly not as muffled with a door there instead of a wall. I try to avoid connecting rooms when I can, but I wouldn't stress too much if that's the only option.

Your neighbors may be afraid of YOU and what noise YOU might make! A rolled up towel really can help if you do have noisy neighbors.

In all reality, you will probably experience more noise from the hallway than from the cabin next door.

When I booked my cruise on the Liberty, I didn't realize that it was a connecting room. I called customer service and they had no problem changing the room. I had the deck plans in front of me while I did it. That was a good thing because the person on the phone at first suggested another room that I saw was a connecting room. I had to look at each room suggestion to make sure it was not connecting. It was a quick process and I got a room on a higher deck, which I liked.

We had connecting cabins once with my father in law who wakes up very early and watches tv, needless to say, it woke us up for the first two mornings, had to tell my other half to tell his father put the tv lower but still heard it not as bad. I would never have a connecting cabin.

my wifes and I first cruise together we had a connecting room. It was loud. When the couple where not yelling and fighting with each other they were doing the other if you know what I mean.

It was like they were in the same room. Ever since then I would avoid connecting rooms. only get one as a last resort

As Bob (Clarea) said , it depends on your neighbors and just how noisy they are. As far as the rolled up towel suggestion goes, you'd probably have better luck going next door and smacking the noisy offender with it than putting it under the connecting door! :D;p

We have had connecting rooms on several ships in the past, and it was never a problem. However, on Harmony, we had a connecting balcony room, and we could hear:

- Everything the guy next door with the deep voice said, when we were anywhere near the door

- Whenever they coughed

Other than that, we didn't hear much. However, DH and I agreed that it would SUCK if our next door neighbors were any louder, or if they had loud kids or a crying baby...

Had a connecting room on HoS in November (not by choice). We only heard a door slam from next door once, otherwise, we didn't even know it was a connecting room (except that the door is there obviously).

Connecting rooms can be nosier than non-connecting rooms, but in my limited experience, there was very little noise bleed on HoS.

dctravel

Your cruise has not happened, how would anybody answer this. You will find out when you get on the ship

Had a connecting cabin once and I make certain I wont have another one. The first two nights, the couple next door returned at night and yelled at each other. The third evening, getting dressed for dinner, I heard them in their cabin (conversing, not yelling). I turned my tv up loud. They must have realized how easily the sound travels. Never heard them again, and I wont have a connector again!