Royal Caribbean Breaks Ground for CocoCay Pier

LauraS

I am very excited about this. I just hope that when a mega ship is in Port that they do not have any more ships docked on the same day. Having the Majesty and Enchantment on the same day is fairly crowded as it is.

• 11 months later...

We were there on our last cruise on March 5 2018. They had 8 sections formed but not poured yet. Looks like about at least 8 more sections to form. Don t know how long it takes to pour but they are very large pier sections.

Saw a Cruise Critic article listing 5 POC's not worth visiting, & Nassau was #1!!! Especially with kids; we'll be taking 3 grandkids ages 3, 9, & 10 cruising with us in May '19; the revamped Coco Cay looks so much more appealing to us than Nassau. Enjoyed it when we took my mother-in-law there in 2009, but it doesn't appeal to me to revisit it. Wife wants to go to Atlantis, but I can't see the cost being worth it considering how long we'll be in port. Without having to tender, I figure we can spend more time on the cay than we could at Atlantis. Since we have season passes for amusement parks & take the grandkids to them, the revamped cay falls into our 'grandkidstyle.'

I would much rather go to Nassau than be trapped in some private stop.

Maybe it is all the shortie cruises I've taken talking, but Nassau is my least interesting cruise port of all time.

I find Falmouth to be more filthy, but Nassau is definitely the most boring. At least for me. I'd choose CC over Nassau every single time without a second's extra thought. Every time.

The way things get done or not get done in the Bahamas it will probably be finished after MSC's Ocean Cay is finished.

MSC first announced that Ocean Cay would open in December of 2017. The first delay pushed back the opening to March of 2018. Now the island is post-poned until further notice (March 2019 at the earliest). I'll take 2025 for the win. PS: I hope I'm wrong because Ocean Caye looks fabulous.