Goodbye to Free Burgers and Mast Grill ???

chamima

GET REAL. Do you actually think someone from X will respond? I can't even get a cruise planner to respond when I book cruises. I have to go to Captain Club for help. So why have cruise planners?

GET REAL. Do you actually think someone from X will respond? I can't even get a cruise planner to respond when I book cruises. I have to go to Captain Club for help. So why have cruise planners?

We can all live in hope. They do occasionally make comments, even if they are the cut and paste type. Look at their official response to the beverage package changes; there again, the post didn't match with the attachment :rolleyes:. Someone could always ask on Facebook - they appear to answer questions there more frequently ;).

Be thankful that you don't get a cruise planner to reply to your queries. You'd need at least 3 responses until you received the correct answer :D.

Saying that "it doesn't say extra fee so you are jumping to conclusions" makes no sense.

It doesn't say extra fee for Qsine, either. Will that be free on Constellation?

If they can charge $11 for a burger in the GastroPub, they can charge a fee in the Burger Bar.

Perhaps the official X rep will post on this thread and confirm either way?

They haven't been around lately and only cut and paste from the web site or Celebrity policy. They don't give opinions anymore, just stuff that can be quoted.

I have a bit of a different take on this, I do care if it's pay or not since the Mast Grill is very popular and has pretty good burgers. Lots of people write on these boards commending the Mast Grill, I hate to see it go. I don't understand why they would get rid of something that is as popular as the Mast Grill. I can understand them replacing Bistro on Five with Bait on Five because the crepes were not that popular but don't get this.

They haven't been around lately and only cut and paste from the web site or Celebrity policy. They don't give opinions anymore, just stuff that can be quoted.

I have a bit of a different take on this, I do care if it's pay or not since the Mast Grill is very popular and has pretty good burgers. Lots of people write on these boards commending the Mast Grill, I hate to see it go. I don't understand why they would get rid of something that is as popular as the Mast Grill. I can understand them replacing Bistro on Five with Bait on Five because the crepes were not that popular but don't get this.

Probably a trial before it's released on the Edge?

We love Mast Grill burgers too, but wouldn't pay for them. Not to mention they would, imho, need to seriously revamp the area to provide much more and covered seating. I don't mind having to take it to the Oceanview or back to my room but if I have to pay I would expect appropriate comfortable seating.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

From the article, "Here cruisers will be able to order gourmet burgers like the new-to-the-line Celebrity Signature Burger, an eight-ounce dry-aged Kobe Beef burger with slow roasted pork belly, port salut cheese, arugula, caramelized onions, and roasted garlic aioli, all served on a homemade brioche bun." I don't see how this can be provided for no additional fee. I'm hoping they at least offer it at a reasonable price. My question is whether they'll provide burgers in the Oceanview so that there is still a "free" option.

If I'm wrong and this is included in the cruise fare, this is a nice replacement to the grill.

From the article, "Here cruisers will be able to order gourmet burgers like the new-to-the-line Celebrity Signature Burger, an eight-ounce dry-aged Kobe Beef burger with slow roasted pork belly, port salut cheese, arugula, caramelized onions, and roasted garlic aioli, all served on a homemade brioche bun." I don't see how this can be provided for no additional fee. I'm hoping they at least offer it at a reasonable price. My question is whether they'll provide burgers in the Oceanview so that there is still a "free" option.

If I'm wrong and this is included in the cruise fare, this is a nice replacement to the grill.

If that is the "Signature" burger in the Burger Bar there is zero chance that it will be a no-cost addition.

If that is the "Signature" burger in the Burger Bar there is zero chance that it will be a no-cost addition.

That's what I think, too! Doesn't their parent company, Royal Caribbean charge for Johnnie Rockets? I am not a burger fan in the least although enjoy an occasional turkey burger. Since they don't already have those cooked at the Mast Grill, you have to wait if you want one. Then, inevitably, when you return they've given your turkey burger to someone else. It just isn't the same anymore so I won't be too disappointed either way. And it is really better for me not to eat french fries, but whatever they used to have there were far far superior to those they have now. No complaints, though ...they've saved me a lot of hard work after I get home to shed those pounds I would have otherwise gained. hahaha!;)

I, for one, cannot tell if this a venue which a fee will be charged. Too ambiguous, without my crystal ball working, I leave it up to others to speculate on it.

Not that it matters much to me, as for others. I usually have enough OBC to cover how many ever vegan burgers I will have during the sailing anyway, which can be five (5), at the most, during a seven (7) day sailing.

bon voyage

If it was free, they would be too happy to say so.

But it DOES say an extra fee...

"New to the line will be the Top Deck Burger Bar, located on the pool deck in the space formerly known as the Mast Grill. Here cruisers will be able to order gourmet burgers for an extra fee, like the new-to-the-line Celebrity Signature Burger, an eight-ounce dry-aged Kobe Beef burger"

Sounds to me like it is replacing Mast Grill and there is an extra fee then.

I hate it when businesses lie and call things "Kobe beef" - if they truly were serving Kobe the cost of an eight-ounce burgers would exceed $100.

Now if they actually start serving at least USDA choice beef (instead of the standard or commercial grade they appear to generally use at Mast Grill), include some better cuts in the burger (i.e. brisket and short-rib), offer real cheese rather than the highly processed cheese I've seen up there previously and freshly baked, quality buns I'd gladly pay for a burger. Haven't used the Mast Grill in years; just have not found anything there appetizing/appealing to me.

That was my guess they would turn the burger place into a pay venue. Celebrity is not including anything new anymore. All seem to be extra charges. They lied about bistro on 5 which was going to be included initially. The porch was also going to be included until last minute changes turned it into a pay venue.

from CC news.

New to the line will be the Top Deck Burger Bar, located on the pool deck in the space formerly known as the Mast Grill. Here cruisers will be able to order gourmet burgers for an extra fee, like the new-to-the-line Celebrity Signature Burger, an eight-ounce dry-aged Kobe Beef burger with slow roasted pork belly, port salut cheese, arugula, caramelized onions, and roasted garlic aioli, all served on a homemade brioche bun. A BYOB (build your own burger) option will also be available with an extensive menu of toppings and condiments.

I hate it when businesses lie and call things "Kobe beef" - if they truly were serving Kobe the cost of an eight-ounce burgers would exceed $100.

Only if it is Kobe beef from Japan. There are lots of beef raised worldwide, which truly and legally is Kobe beef, that a burger costs a fraction of that. Seen them on menus for $18-25 numerous times.

And, if you want to sample Kobe beef, the absolute dumbest way to do it is in a burger. The whole point of Kobe is the marbling and the ratio of fat to lean in the actual steak. Grind it into burger meat and you've lost the whole advantage, raising it slightly from good, grass fed beef.

To quote Tony Bourdain: "If you are foolish enough to order a Kobe burger, you are entirely missing the point."

Only if it is Kobe beef from Japan. There are lots of beef raised worldwide, which truly and legally is Kobe beef, that a burger costs a fraction of that. Seen them on menus for $18-25 numerous times.

And, if you want to sample Kobe beef, the absolute dumbest way to do it is in a burger. The whole point of Kobe is the marbling and the ratio of fat to lean in the actual steak. Grind it into burger meat and you've lost the whole advantage, raising it slightly from good, grass fed beef.

To quote Tony Bourdain: "If you are foolish enough to order a Kobe burger, you are entirely missing the point."

Sorry, but "Kobe beef" not from a specific breed of cattle in a specific prefecture of Japan is NOT Kobe beef. Calling other beef Kobe is a dishonest and misleading marketing gimmick. Anything with the words "Kobe" and "Burger" or "Slider" together is almost certainly a scam.

Sorry, but "Kobe beef" not from a specific breed of cattle in a specific prefecture of Japan is NOT Kobe beef. Calling other beef Kobe is a dishonest and misleading marketing gimmick. Anything with the words "Kobe" and "Burger" or "Slider" together is almost certainly a scam.

Then you better inform Costco. They brand it Kobe even though it is obviously US sourced Wagyu but I wouldn't call it a scam. I look at it like when a wine is originally sourced (and often named) for a region but then grapes are grown elsewhere. Technically not the same (one obvious exception is Champagne, which is registered) but there are often some wines from other regions that approach (and sometimes surpass) those from the original region.

None of this matters to me, since I am not paying for any burger, "Kobe" or wagyu or whatever, composed of meat that has been frozen for months and came in a container from Miami, on a Celebrity ship. JMHO.

Then you better inform Costco. They brand it Kobe even though it is obviously US sourced Wagyu but I wouldn't call it a scam. I look at it like when a wine is originally sourced (and often named) for a region but then grapes are grown elsewhere. Technically not the same (one obvious exception is Champagne, which is registered) but there are often some wines from other regions that approach (and sometimes surpass) those from the original region.

None of this matters to me, since I am not paying for any burger, "Kobe" or wagyu or whatever, composed of meat that has been frozen for months and came in a container from Miami, on a Celebrity ship. JMHO.

I am not seeing any current references to Costco currently using the term Kobe for their beef; perhaps they used to, but there were successful lawsuits in the US regarding the scam of some venues using the term Kobe for beef (that was not authentic Kobe beef). In the US you often see the term "Wagyu" (occasionally "American Kobe" or "American Style Kobe") but using the term Kobe (without acknowledgement it is not from Japan) is a scam.

We checked with Celebrity Cruises to get an answer to this question and have updated our news article appropriately. The Top Deck Burger Bar will cost extra.

Thank you for checking and updating accordingly, it's much appreciated.

Pity it's another extra charge venue. Even though I don't eat burgers, I know others enjoyed the offerings at the Mast Grill.

But it DOES say an extra fee...

"New to the line will be the Top Deck Burger Bar, located on the pool deck in the space formerly known as the Mast Grill. Here cruisers will be able to order gourmet burgers for an extra fee, like the new-to-the-line Celebrity Signature Burger, an eight-ounce dry-aged Kobe Beef burge...

Post failed so i re did it..below