Am I crazy, or has Windjammer improved immensely?

Done 3 crises the last year, Ovation, Brilliance and just on Explorer now.... I've noticed a huge increase in the taste and quality of the food in the Windjammer. Thoughts?
Honestly have never had a problem with windjammer food on any RCL ship. Always something there that I like and several items that I really like!....(y)

We are just off Indy. The windjammer was vastly improved from our previous RCI Cruises. Breakfast had everything you could want, lunch was amazing. In 14 days we had giant Shrimp every other day and lobster 4 times for lunch. The huge joints of lamb and beef were lovely. We were travelling with others so had dinner in the MDR but our trips through the windjammer before dinner looked very good.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your crazy the food is no where near what we had even a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Now be nice. No name calling. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. For us, we have never had a bad meal in the Windjammer (and we have had lots of cruises with RCI). On our last cruise in April on the Oasis, the food and desserts were excellent.

Your crazy the food is no where near what we had even a few years ago.

That's easy to explain the food you remember is from the days of old small ships, few people. Your next party try fixin a meal for 8 then make it for 500 and tell me it taste the same[emoji15].

What's that old saying feed them slop and they will come, you know what the food is going to be but you still come[emoji849]

Next cruise look around no one is going hungry[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I have to resurrect this thread from last month. After a few less than stellar Windjammer experiences, I had high hopes that this thread was accurate. After our 10/7 Jewel cruise, I am happy to report one of the best, if not the best, Windjammer experiences ever. Strip loin, beef brisket, and lamb were available almost every night. There was also a nice rotating selection of other main courses. The desserts were greatly improved from the gelatinous mess that seemed to have become the norm in Windjammer dining. On several nights fresh crepes and waffles were available with ice cream and many toppings. An ice cream cart even wandered the Windjammer and fresh sundaes were made table side on a couple of nights. We liked the experience so much we only made it to the MDR one night of a nine night sailing. Hopefully, these experiences were not just due to European sourcing for this cruise.

Paul

I thought the Windjammer on Anthem was great. Food was excellent and great selection but I am not picky at all. The only complaint of the same for all buffets on ships, crowded very bad at times but we always found a place to sit, just took a little time sometimes. Man we just loved Anthem by the way. Can't wait to sail her again. I almost booked another one but we agreed to wait a bit.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I just spent two weeks on the Navigator of the Seas and was impressed with the WJ. There is a separate pasta bar, International Bar and burgers/hot dogs. There were plenty of choices in the main line. We didn't experience any lines but we went at off-peak times. I wish the WJ was open later though.

Laura

We too have never been disappointed in the WJ. On our Anthem cruise in 2016 we really enjoyed the WJ. Really got more tired of the dining menus .

On our B2B on Harmony in January this year, went to the WJ when not at Coastal Kitchen or Solarium. Did the dining room only a couple times as the service was painfully slow. Just couldn't take the slowness of it.

Even got a little bored with CK. Thought the WJ was very good, with plenty of variety & the desserts were plentiful, even if

repetitive. Loved the ice cream bar.

Usually have no trouble gaining weight on a cruise, even when going to the gym. LOL !!

:)

Was on a Med cruise (Freedom) a few weeks ago and ended up eating dinner in the WJ three different nights. We just didn't feel like dressing for dinner. All 3 nights were excellent experiences...both food quality and service. It was packed each night with a line to get in at 6:30 when it opened. The MDR was probably about 50-75% full when we ate there. I see a lot more WJ dinners on our future cruises.

• 2 weeks later...
Was on a Med cruise (Freedom) a few weeks ago and ended up eating dinner in the WJ three different nights. We just didn't feel like dressing for dinner. All 3 nights were excellent experiences...both food quality and service. It was packed each night with a line to get in at 6:30 when it opened. The MDR was probably about 50-75% full when we ate there. I see a lot more WJ dinners on our future cruises.

I did it like 2 months ago and I have the same opinion. Presentation, taste, great waiters at the door singing and dancing. Shrimp every night, great steaks, deserts. But sometimes I think it is only in the Med that you see that improvement.

• 10 months later...

Just off the Freedom a week ago (B2B) and the WJ food was some of the worst we've ever had...So sad because we're actually WJ fans and eat most of our meals there. We're so over the whole MDR/MTD after many years of cruising with RCI.

We never eat in the dining room anymore. Windjammer food is awesome

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The back section of Harmony WJ has been fantastic.

Mexican

Stir Fry

Pasta station

Crepes

Omelets

Steak quesadillas to die for.

I'll try and get some pictures

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk