Am I crazy, or has Windjammer improved immensely?

We had dinner last September on Brilliance in WJ twice, really did not like it at all , had a couple of lunch's 2 weeks ago on Liberty and they were just ok. Most other lines do this so much better,

I've always been able to find food I like in the WJ, love the omelets at breakfast and the Indian foods at lunch. And I hate to eat at buffets at home, especially Golden Corral :D

Sherri:)

No, you are not crazy. Just came back from Anthem & Allure and have noticed that the WJ on both ships were excellent. Since Anthem was the first I took, I commented to the WJ mgr that they have the best WJ in the fleet only to find out that the one on the Allure was also top notch. I have noticed also that more and more people are using it at night for dinner.

On Liberty last month, also remarked that the WJ was better, still not good enough for dinner though at least for us. We just like the MDR. But Chops was GREATLY improved. We found the biggest disappointment was Giovanni's. Much changed from its opening season. No Lasagna...what???

If I could just get them to do those Chocolate Croissants from AL Bacio on Celebrity!!!

I remember three years ago on Oasis the windjammer was terrible, much much better now.

Believing you and recognizing things can vary. As far as the food, I had a couple of really good meals in the evening in the windjammer in 2016. From memory other than the routine stuff, they had some Jim Beam BBQ ribs that were outstanding as were the minute steaks. I do remember the morning scrambled eggs were soaked in bilge water though, which reminds me I went on Majesty 5 months later and had really good scrambled eggs.

Done 3 crises the last year, Ovation, Brilliance and just on Explorer now.... I've noticed a huge increase in the taste and quality of the food in the Windjammer. Thoughts?

It's always been good to me. I didn't have to cook it! :D

On Liberty last month, also remarked that the WJ was better, still not good enough for dinner though at least for us. We just like the MDR. But Chops was GREATLY improved. We found the biggest disappointment was Giovanni's. Much changed from its opening season. No Lasagna...what???

If I could just get them to do those Chocolate Croissants from AL Bacio on Celebrity!!!

Agree on Giovanni's always loved antipasto until last trip 2 weeks ago on Liberty , I did request and get Lasagna but it was not as good as previous years

Desserts need improvement badly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We actually like the desserts in Windjammer better than those in the MDR.

Me too!!! Unfortunately for my waistline I usually have more than one. I think they are better than they were:cool::halo:

I found the food in the the Windjammer on the Anthem to be a great improvement over prior cruises. My only complaint was no sauerkraut. What's up with that?

Sticking to my things vary comment, I just got off Adventure and thought how good that sauer kraut tasted!

I'm glad to hear it may have improved, but we always seem to walk away full and happy. If there is an issue, I cover it in Tabasco.

It's comments like this that make me wonder why there's no 'Like' button on Cruise Critic.

We just spent 26 days on the Brilliance. Windjammer food wasn't terrible but it definitely was uninspired. Not much variety. Especially desserts - exactly same desserts every day. Used to look forward to having some good cheesecake, etc. Not anymore.

The soft serve machine was kept in the Windjammer so you could only get ice cream while lunch was on. Nothing after lunch.

When breakfast was to go to 11:00, they start shutting down at 10:30. And could only get omelets till 10:20. Same thing at lunch, always shut down early.

The Ovation had one of the best Windjammers. Food, variety was excellent.

NJ

We have always been happy with the Windjammer at meal times. I don't like the huge crowds though LOL. I have always been able to find a few things to eat. There are some things I avoid though. I enjoy dinner there from time to time because I don't feel rushed like I would at breakfast or lunch when others are waiting for a table.

I think to improve my Windjammer experience, I will bring two towels and place them on chairs at a table so I can go look for my food and come back to a table. If you see my towel unattended for 30 minutes, please feel free to have the attendants remove it.

I think to improve my Windjammer experience, I will bring two towels and place them on chairs at a table so I can go look for my food and come back to a table. If you see my towel unattended for 30 minutes, please feel free to have the attendants remove it.

Now that's funny!

The only issue I've ever had w/ the WJ (on multiple ships) is the bacon. Too limp, too under cooked for my liking. But there are many other options we enjoy, at breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

That's what my wife says. [emoji33]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app