Am I crazy, or has Windjammer improved immensely?

Windjammer really depends on the ship. We are on allure and haven't been impressed with the wj at all. We usually go there for dinner at least half the cruise but not this cruise. We have found mdr to be much better.

We were also disappointed on the allure last cruise. always enjoyed the windjammer prior.:(

Why all the hate for the windjammer. I have never had anything bad in the windjammer. It's free food and a lot of it. I loved it the windjammer on Anthem. I don't get the hate.

Food wise, the WJ is fine.I just don't like the crowds or commotion at peak times. When I first started cruising, I'd wander around looking for a table while my food would get cold and/or soggy.

Now I just schedule accordingly. But STILL, often times the DW and I would take turns holding the table while the other would get food. I'd wish they would seat you at table like most land-based buffets.

EDIT: This is more of an issue at breakfast and lunch. The dinners in WJ have always been good and calm.

Food wise, the WJ is fine.I just don't like the crowds or commotion at peak times. When I first started cruising, I'd wander around looking for a table while my food would get cold and/or soggy.

Now I just schedule accordingly. But STILL, often times the DW and I would take turns holding the table while the other would get food. I'd wish they would seat you at table like most land-based buffets.

EDIT: This is more of an issue at breakfast and lunch. The dinners in WJ have always been good and calm.

Now that part I agree with. I hate when it's crowded and you feel rushed. I just started a thread on the best times to avoid crowds in the windjammer. That being said I never ate anything that didn't taste good.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wow!!!

Was WJ this nice last week on the first leg of your B2B, or is it just extra fancy for the President's Cruise?

We've thought HOS has had some of the better WJ food.......But this :eek:...Come on it has to be the Presidents Cruise.

Why all the hate for the windjammer. I have never had anything bad in the windjammer. It's free food and a lot of it. I loved it the windjammer on Anthem. I don't get the hate.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not all WJ's are the same...some very good other's :loudcry:

Been away from RC for a while and there is a gap between our latest cruise on Navigator in July and our previous one on Brilliance. I was stunned at how busy the Windjammer was for dinner. I remember small areas partitioned off for dinner with hardly a soul in there - it was quite a shock to find ourselves struggling to find a table.

I feel exactly the same way about cruise ship buffets. I haven’t been on Royal Caribbean in many years (we are booked on Anthem in April), but it’s the same way on NCL and Carnival ships. We prefer the MDR on cruises because we feel like either our food gets cold while searching for a table or we don’t really get to eat together as much because of taking turns holding the table. When we go to Disney World or an all inclusive resort on land, they give us a table before we go to the buffet, and a waiter brings the drinks.

I just got off Freedom recently and I thought it was way better than the MDR. Same with previous on Jewel.

Hmmm. I just got off Freedom from doing a B2B Sept 8th & 15th.....We love the WJ and now eat most of meals in there and are far from picky eater's. The week of the 8th was some of the worst we've had but the week of the 15th was a bit better. JMHO

Wow!!!

Was WJ this nice last week on the first leg of your B2B, or is it just extra fancy for the President's Cruise?

Maybe not the ice sculptures, I forget, but food in the back section was good last week as well

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

For what it is, I never thought it was THAT bad.. However I will say, I’m on Mariner right now and the WJ has kind of impressed me over the las few days.. usually I do seek other options before I do the WJ, not because of the food quality, but because when cruising solo, it can be difficult to have a good dining experience since they try to turn the tables over as quickly as possible.. when you don’t have someone camping out to guard the table, it can be a challenge to keep your spot.. Anyway, short answer, yes - I do feel I have seen an improvement in the food quality.