Upgrade Fairy came but our new room....ugh!

We are booked on the 6/16/17 Enchantment cruise. I originally booked a balcony guarantee and was happy with the room assignment on the 7th floor. Today, I logged in and noticed that I had been upgraded to a Junior Suite. First time EVER for an upgrade and I was so excited until....

I read reviews of the Junior Suite - Room 8614, aka "The Aqua Suite" because apparently it's right below the ladies room in the Solarium and others that have stayed in this room have indicated that it sounds as if the water is running right through the pole that's in the middle of the room. People have reported that the flushing goes on all night long (maybe others are more of a night owl than I am?!).

I don't think there's anything that can be done at this point because all suites and balconies are sold out, but is there a chance that I could tell RCCL that I don't want the upgrade?

I'm thankful to have been upgraded and would definitely prefer the larger shower, room and balcony that comes along with the junior suite, but I'm also fond of getting a good night's sleep.

Do I have any options? Anyone know if RCCL would be willing to put me back into a Balcony and upgrade someone else?

If you have an iPhone or IPad download the app Sleepbug....we had a junior suite underneath where they stacked the pool loungers. The ambient noises on the app overload the noise above and they never woke us after the first night!

Had that cabin on Enchantment once - Never Again:eek: Between the constant water running down the "stripper" pole next to the bed and the all-night ping pong matches going on right above us, even ear plugs didn't help.

John&LaLa and Orville99 - it may have been your reviews of the room that made me understand how bad it is! I had the sense from reading several reviews that the overhead noise and constant running water is very disruptive.

Not sure that I'll be able to do anything about this as mentioned above, all balconies and suites are SOLD OUT. But I'll see....calling now...

Thanks everyone

Although the balconies and suites are "sold out" on this cruise, they were able to move me back to my original balcony room. Phew!

While I would have really loved the upgrade to a junior suite, getting a "decent" sleep is important to me. I'm really only planning on being in the room to sleep so if I can't do that, it kind of defeats the purpose! There were just too many consistent, negative comments about this specific room to ignore.

Appreciate all of the feedback - I feel as though I've made the right decision and I'm happy to be back in my balcony on the 7th floor!

Thank you!

Although the balconies and suites are "sold out" on this cruise, they were able to move me back to my original balcony room. Phew!

While I would have really loved the upgrade to a junior suite, getting a "decent" sleep is important to me. I'm really only planning on being in the room to sleep so if I can't do that, it kind of defeats the purpose! There were just too many consistent, negative comments about this specific room to ignore.

Appreciate all of the feedback - I feel as though I've made the right decision and I'm happy to be back in my balcony on the 7th floor!

Thank you!

Glad that it worked out for you

Glad you got it fixed. Hope you had them change your preference to do not upgrade. I have a cabin I don't want to lose and changed my preference so, hopefully, I don't lose it. I had the rep check my preferences when I called in today. I had forgotten to change the preference in my DH account though and the rep fixed that for me. Some of the reps are good at their jobs.:)