Are luggages bags are delivered based on your status?

Hi [emoji3]

I was reading in a post that luggages are delivered to your stateroom based on your crown and anchor status. I also read that if you write on the tag " deliver it fast" you will get it faster in your stateroom.

Do you use any tricks to he them fast?

Thank you [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi [emoji3]

I was reading in a post that luggages are delivered to your stateroom based on your crown and anchor status. I also read that if you write on the tag " deliver it fast" you will get it faster in your stateroom.

Thank you [emoji847]

I suspect if you wrote "deliver it fast", it would be delivered very very slowly :D

Nope, nor are they delivered based on your cabin category. We usually stay in a JS and there are inside cabins across from us. The insides get their luggage at the same time as the JS do, whenever they come up on the carts. They don't sort the luggage when it's put on the cart. We arrive early for every cruise and have received our luggage anywhere from 1:30-4 pm. I would never write "deliver it fast" on a tag. That's just asking for trouble.:D

My experience had been that if you check in earlier it seems you get your luggage earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that is a correct observation. I used to think the upper decks received luggage first,but not so much.

As long as you have necessities in your carry on bags, no worries. :)

My experience had been that if you check in earlier it seems you get your luggage earlier.

Not for us, it didn't! We were onboard Indy in May by 10.45...... last bag appeared at 21.50......first bag was parked outside a different stateroom waaay down the corridor at 17.45!

Hi [emoji3]

Thank you [emoji847]

Suites supposedly get expected delivery, but that has nothing to do with status. we have had anything from them already being in the hallway at 1 when the fire doors open, to having bags show up in dribs and drabs through dinner.

Hi [emoji3]

Do you use any tsricks to he them fast?

Thank you [emoji847]

Book a Star class suite.

Hi [emoji3] I was reading in a post that luggages are delivered to your stateroom based on your crown and anchor status. I also read that if you write on the tag " deliver it fast" you will get it faster in your stateroom. Do you use any tricks to he them fast? Thank you [emoji847] Rofl! - Fake news! Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Rofl! - fake news!

That may be right for certain ships, but I guess with no real evidence each port/ahip has its own procedures. Having Diamond on my tanks doesn't appear to have helped. Some ships like Jewel and Majesty they stage the luggage on each floor in the lobby before its delivered and they hope you will come get it. On Freedom, Oasis, and Adventure the luggage is staged in an area customers can't reach.

I think a cart gets loaded on the ship. A group of workers than sort the cart into other carts lined up for each deck, and/or each section of the deck. When a cart is full, someone goes in delivers it to the floor, where someone else lugs it down the hall.

Other words, it is random.

Personally I write - no need to rush, deliver last, and somehow I always get it first.

My thought is that sorting luggage by C & A status or type of cabin would slow down the process quite a bit. Unless luggage to be expedited is separated by the porters on the pier and delivered to the ship on special carts, I think moving "regular" luggage out of the way to reach "expedited" luggage would cause unnecessary work for the crew, who are pushed to the limit on boarding day.

I'm not against benefits for those who pay a lot of money for suites or for those who have earned C & A status (and we enjoy the perks we receive as Diamond Plus), but in my opinion early luggage delivery is too costly in logistics and wear and tear on the crew.

I would be interested in the rationale from posters who disagree.

Margy

On my last cruise, on Radiance OTS, the bags were all delivered to the atrium area around the elevators on each deck and then were VERY slowly being delivered to the cabins. Most people just went and got their own bags at the elevators. That was the first time I'd seen that happen.

Not that I have seen!! :o Think of it this way like filling a box and then taking items back out again.

A large room...bags stashed in the room from the back...then added in the

front until the entire room of bags is ready for transfer. Which bags are going up first?? ;p

On my last cruise, on Radiance OTS, the bags were all delivered to the atrium area around the elevators on each deck and then were VERY slowly being delivered to the cabins. Most people just went and got their own bags at the elevators. That was the first time I'd seen that happen.

We have picked up our own bags many, many times on this procedure. Much quicker than waiting for the crew to

deliver.

Hi [emoji3]

Thank you [emoji847]

Sure it will...:rolleyes:

I think a cart gets loaded on the ship. A group of workers than sort the cart into other carts lined up for each deck, and/or each section of the deck. When a cart is full, someone goes in delivers it to the floor, where someone else lugs it down the hall.

Other words, it is random.

Personally I write - no need to rush, deliver last, and somehow I always get it first.

Sure you do....:rolleyes: