Why does this whole drinks package business have to be so complicated?

LMAO at Americans calling soft drink "Pop". Does it make you fart?

Soda is a short form of soda pop.

Depending on where one is Americans call a carbonated non alcoholic beverage: soft drink, soda, pop, cola, and (rarely) seltzer. At least those are the terms I have encountered.

You are correct, since the demise of the old Select (beer/wine) package, it's tougher to make the Deluxe package economical for those who are primarily beer drinkers. I would not even consider the drink card for beer.
Especially given the beer options available.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Once you get to D there's a discount and also there's some pre-cruise discounts, but people generally buy it because they did the math and they think the cost of the package is worth it for their drinking pattern vs. buying individual drinks.

How much is the beverage package discount for Diamond? How do you get the discount - is it preloaded on the sea pass card like all the other 'deals'?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How much is the beverage package discount for Diamond? How do you get the discount - is it preloaded on the sea pass card like all the other 'deals'?

If a ship offers it (not all do), it's 20%, and loaded on the SeaPass card.

If you don't have a drink package, soda is only sold by the can. A can is now over $4 and there are limited flavors available. A soda package is worth it if you are sailing a ship that has Coke Freestyle machines and you like choices.

Does the soda package also include water??

The drinks card was not available on Rhapsody a couple of weeks ago. Instead they had a beer card at $49. Having just booked for next year my current drinks package deal is still at $55 with no discount. Does the 30% hit at a specific time or is it a watch this space kind of thing?

If you don't have a drink package, soda is only sold by the can. A can is now over $4 and there are limited flavors available. A soda package is worth it if you are sailing a ship that has Coke Freestyle machines and you like choices.

We have two young adults (not QUITE of legal drinking age) and think we may buy the deluxe soda package for them. It looks about $9 a day each and that's well worth it for them to have good coffee and soda anytime.

We have two young adults (not QUITE of legal drinking age) and think we may buy the deluxe soda package for them. It looks about $9 a day each and that's well worth it for them to have good coffee and soda anytime.

The soda package does not include good coffee (unless you are talking about the free stuff in the MDR and WJ). You have to go up to the replenishment package ($18-23 per person per day usually) to get bottled water and specialty coffees.

The soda package does not include specialty coffee. The Refreshment package includes specialty coffee, fresh squeezed OJ, bottled still and sparkling water, soda including a soda cup, and frozen non alcoholic cocktails. Refreshment package goes for $26 per day plus gratuity but goes on sale for $18 per day plus gratuity a lot.

We have found the refreshment package to be worth it on cruises that are not port intensive.

Soda is a short form of soda pop.

Depending on where one is Americans call a carbonated non alcoholic beverage: soft drink, soda, pop, cola, and (rarely) seltzer. At least those are the terms I have encountered.

If you're from Texas it's all coke.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

This is interesting to me. We are taking our first cruise in a few months and I feel like there are hidden costs all over the place. I bought the drink packages for me and my husband. I thought that that covers all of our alcoholic drinks. Is this not the case. He is primarily a beer drinker and I am wine drinker. Are we going to end up paying for drinks anyway?

As others have said, pretty much all beers are covered with the exception of large-format bottles of very specialized beers.

Wine is a different story. There will be at least one example of most varietals available to you for free by the glass at most bars and in the restaurants. In some bars, the entire wine menu you see will be free to you.

There are higher end wines by the glass in some venues. If you choose to drink those, you'll only pay the difference between that glass price and you package limit. But I've never seen a venue on a RCCL ship without several options that fit in the package price, so you'll never be forced to pay more.

The package really isn't THAT complicated. It covers all beers (with rare exceptions), most all mixed drinks (unless you request a super-premium brand of alcohol as an ingredient), and a reasonable assortment of wines by the glass.

RCCL really can't do a package that would cover EVERYTHING, because there are some really premium wines and spirits on the ship and to not lose money giving those away they'd have to price the package much higher and thus price out people who just want fruit drinks by the pool and wine or beer with their meals and in the evenings.

I was on the Adventure in June and they had the freestyle machines. I believe they were part of the abbreviated dry dock last year.

Thanks for the update, I will fix my erroneous notes.:)

I think Bob already told me yes a few months back but now that we leave in 2 weeks and 4 days does any one recall ( since i can't remember the answer) if on LOS the refreshment package includes the squeeze bar. If it does is it juices and smoothies just no added energy/ protien powders?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

I think Bob already told me yes a few months back but now that we leave in 2 weeks and 4 days does any one recall ( since i can't remember the answer) if on LOS the refreshment package includes the squeeze bar. If it does is it juices and smoothies just no added energy/ protien powders?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

Yes you get the fresh squeezed OJ and virgin smoothies, not sure about energy drinks, but I want to say yes.