re meat pies

4 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Sounds like a place to stop. Now assuming we get to Oz in 2022, how hard is it to find this palace of baked goods?

About 4 hours drive south of Sydney, Lyle. NSW Far South Coast, the area where I reside.

6 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

Excellent, Bateman's Bay is on our road trip Sydney to Melbourne and vicinity. Lynn and I were hoping to score one of those dinners at the club.

You mean at my Donegans?

donegans.jpg.97f7ffb9cf101e4d1e5212129e6d91ea.jpg

Edited by NSWP

All this lovely food.... wonderful

Having a new G&T tonight    a Hendrick's  garnished with a couple slices of cucumber.....   very tasty.... and the cucumber  makes it extra healthy.....  lol

2 hours ago, NSWP said:

You mean at my Donegans?

donegans.jpg.97f7ffb9cf101e4d1e5212129e6d91ea.jpg

That looks like a wonderful spread there Les

All that is needed is some butter on tatties....

Personally a nice red would accompany this...  a merlot would be fine..

Cheers Don

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

So here you go you CC cake eaters and doughnut lovers....from one of my favourite cafes...Gundary Store @ Moruya, NSW. They produce the goods from their bakery in Bodalla. They did the afternoon tea following my wife's funeral in May. All items approved by Light n Easy, Weight Watchers etc,lol.

124335452_691112438187089_7412323904693692890_o.jpg

Since so many are cut in half all the calories have leaked out that is why they are so healthy.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, NSWP said:

So here you go you CC cake eaters and doughnut lovers....from one of my favourite cafes...Gundary Store @ Moruya, NSW. They produce the goods from their bakery in Bodalla. They did the afternoon tea following my wife's funeral in May. All items approved by Light n Easy, Weight Watchers etc,lol.

124335452_691112438187089_7412323904693692890_o.jpg

I could go an eclair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Having a new G&T tonight    a Hendrick's  garnished with a couple slices of cucumber.....   very tasty.... and the cucumber  makes it extra healthy.....  lol

Cheers Don

I always get chips with mine don and of course a nice Rolling Cab Merlot. Hendricks eh, with cucumber, you have turned into a yuppie young don. I just had a couple of Dewars scotch with schweppes dry ginger, glass of hardys stamp sem sauv blanc with iga bbq chook, chips and coleslaw, way to go. Have a good evening.

Edited by NSWP

20 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Cheers Don

I love cucumber to eat but for some odd reason I don't like it in drinks.

My favourite garnish is lime slices.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Agree with that, lemon or lime. Not cucumber in a drinkie, that is for salads or on a sambo.

Edited by NSWP

5 minutes ago, NSWP said:

2 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Agree with that, lemon or lime.

I totally agree    Lime in G&T  or lemon if no lime..

The Cucumber  came from the staff at Saffire  with a martini  

Which was generally tanqueray No10 and a twist of lemon ..

Then tried a Hendrick's Martini  and was told lime and lemon was out should be with cucumber... tasted pretty good.....

Moving along and back to G&T  a Hendrick's as a G&T does not go with lime of lemon .. in fact a bit odd..... but with cucumber very good...

One should try.... Cheers and Good Evening Don 

We had lunch at Camperdown (Vic) yesterday at a great bakery called the Loaf and Lounge. I had a lovely meat pie and DH had a meat and vegie wholemeal pastie. Both very tasty. Today, at lunch at my parents we all shared a family size pie from a local Warrnambool bakery. It was an excellent pie and plenty big enough to feed five of us.. I think that's our fill of pies for a while.

We have gone all out with the healthy food this weekend by having the fish and chips for dinner. Very fresh flake with crispy batter and crispy golden chips.- best F&Cs we've had for a long time.

Leigh

Edited by possum52
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, possum52 said:

We had lunch at Camperdown (Vic) yesterday at a great bakery called the Loaf and Lounge. I had a lovely meat pie and DH had a meat and vegie wholemeal pastie. Both very tasty. Today, at lunch at my parents we all shared a family size pie from a local Warrnambool bakery. It was an excellent pie and plenty big enough to feed five of us.. I think that's our fill of pies for a while.

We have gone all out with the healthy food this weekend by having the fish and chips for dinner. Very fresh flake with crispy batter and crispy golden chips.- best F&Cs we've had for a long time.

Leigh

Sounds like you are having a good weekend.  Is your flake gummy shark, Leigh.  I had the best gummy shark in Tassie.  We don't have it in Old., but we do have flake.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Sounds like you are having a good weekend.  Is your flake gummy shark, Leigh.  I had the best gummy shark in Tassie.  We don't have it in Old., but we do have flake.

Yes Marion, usually flake in Victoria is gummy shark. We are having a lovely weekend thank you. It's been wonderful to see my family and have even managed to catch up with an aunt and uncle and a cousin I had never met.

Off home tomorrow, leaving in the morning to avoid the traffic returning to Melbourne later in the day.

Leigh

12 hours ago, possum52 said:

Yes Marion, usually flake in Victoria is gummy shark. We are having a lovely weekend thank you. It's been wonderful to see my family and have even managed to catch up with an aunt and uncle and a cousin I had never met.

Off home tomorrow, leaving in the morning to avoid the traffic returning to Melbourne later in the day.

Leigh

Your family must have been happy to see you, Leigh.  Always nice to meet relatives for the first time and discover the family resemblances.

Have a safe trip home.  

• Like 1

Is Harry's growing to fast?  Just checked on their website and they now have 10 outlets in NSW. I remember when it was a special outing to go to Harry's.  Two new outlets opening next month including Harry's Café de Wheels - Bomaderry.  The temptation will be too great.