Let's play...Pick a replacement port!

cruisequeen4ever

We all know that some Caribbean ports will be closed for a short to a long while. If your port is one of them, if you could pick any port to replace it, what would it be? *Yes, I realize the cruise lines make the decisions, not us.

We have St. Thomas on ours. If it's still closed for our cruise, I'd pick basically any port other than St. Kitts. We are just darn tired of St. Kitts and have never thought it has that great of beaches.

My top 3 picks in order would be...

1) Grand Turk

2) Barbados

3) San Juan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We all know that some Caribbean ports will be closed for a short to a long while. If your port is one of them, if you could pick any port to replace it, what would it be? *Yes, I realize the cruise lines make the decisions, not us.

We have St. Thomas on ours. If it's still closed for our cruise, I'd pick basically any port other than St. Kitts. We are just darn tired of St. Kitts and have never thought it has that great of beaches.

1) Grand Turk

2) Barbados

3) San Juan

Our Nov. cruise already has st. Kitts and grand Turk, so i hope they replace st. Thomas with.

1. St. Croix

2. Amber cove

3. Extra day at Grenada, Dominica or grand Turk

We have St Maarten on our 10-26 cruise. Since we are going to Bonaire, Curaçao would be my choice for replacement. I am assuming we will still go to Antigua. Time will tell.

We also have 3 days booked in Key West after the cruise. 😂

Cheers, Denise

We have St Maarten on our 10-26 cruise. Since we are going to Bonaire, Curaçao would be my choice for replacement. I am assuming we will still go to Antigua. Time will tell.

We also have 3 days booked in Key West after the cruise. [emoji23]

Cheers, Denise

Curaçao would be a natural pick for yours. Ugh about Key West! [emoji17] Is it refundable?

1) Grand Turk

2) Barbados

3) San Juan

IDK where your cruise is going but Barbados is too far from St Thomas to be a replacement. Probably Grand Turk as well. Or it's already on the itinerary. Problem is Grand Turk and Amber Cove are both mostly beach stops and then Eleuthera is the same.

I would pick St Kitts as we were only there once in the 1980's. San Juan is a likely, but nothing there for us due to previous visits.

St Maarten is in worse shape than St Thomas - by a lot.

St Croix is a likely substitute (been there once on our own flying in on a seaplane from STT for a day years ago). St Croix is jonesing for the opportunity.

It's a mystery for sure. I am more concerned about the folks and getting the islands back to normal than where we might go. We only have SXM potential impact on our next cruise.

Not just the OP's ship, but many ships that would otherwise be at St Thomas or St Maarten have to figure out the substitute ports. And both St Thomas and St Maarten normally have multiple ships the same day.

St Croix and St Kitts are being substituted on a number of cruises. I do not know if the docking facilities and excursion vendors can handle the multiple ships on the same day like St Thomas and St Maarten could.

IDK where your cruise is going but Barbados is too far from St Thomas to be a replacement. Probably Grand Turk as well. Or it's already on the itinerary. Problem is Grand Turk and Amber Cove are both mostly beach stops and then Eleuthera is the same.

I would pick St Kitts as we were only there once in the 1980's. San Juan is a likely, but nothing there for us due to previous visits.

St Maarten is in worse shape than St Thomas - by a lot.

St Croix is a likely substitute (been there once on our own flying in on a seaplane from STT for a day years ago). St Croix is jonesing for the opportunity.

It's a mystery for sure. I am more concerned about the folks and getting the islands back to normal than where we might go. We only have SXM potential impact on our next cruise.

We would have more viable options because we are going to the deep South. St. Croix would be fine with me as we have never been there.

Not just the OP's ship, but many ships that would otherwise be at St Thomas or St Maarten have to figure out the substitute ports. And both St Thomas and St Maarten normally have multiple ships the same day.

St Croix and St Kitts are being substituted on a number of cruises. I do not know if the docking facilities and excursion vendors can handle the multiple ships on the same day like St Thomas and St Maarten could.

Yes, the ships will likely have to spread out, since most ports lack the infrastructure to berth many ships each day like St. Maarten and St. Thomas. I hope Princess is proactive at finding alternatives, so it doesn't get the measly leftovers.

Curaçao would be a natural pick for yours. Ugh about Key West! [emoji17] Is it refundable?

Ugh is right. Poor people all over the Keys. Since we aren't scheduled to arrive until 11-5, I am waiting to find out what the situation is. No, the deposit isn't refundable but then again these aren't ordinary circumstances. If we can make the drive there, we will. Time will tell.

Cheers, Denise

Our Nov. cruise already has st. Kitts and grand Turk, so i hope they replace st. Thomas with.

1. St. Croix

2. Amber cove

3. Extra day at Grenada, Dominica or grand Turk

You have the same choices we came up with a couple of days ago. I can't remember when or if Princess had done St. Croix. We are doing Amber Cove on the Pacific Princess in December and that port has been a Carnival port of call such as Princess Cays is for Princess.

Grenada and Dominica are logical choices as well for our upcoming October voyage and a favorite. While we are at it you can add Bonaire to the list of southern islands.

Not sure about Grand Turk. I thought it was hit hard but the port itself might be able to dock ships and I'm sure Margaritaville would love to see people.

All the cruise ports in the Caribbean depend on the cruise lines and the tourist trade it brings, we all know that. It will take some time but you can rest assured that they will be working extremely hard to get the port back up and running so that the cruise lines will add it back to their itinerary.