Crystal Blocks

Noreen411

will be at 210 about 6 days into my 10 nighter in Jan. When do you think we'll get it?

Depends on the ship. We got an Anthem block last week on day 2 of the cruise. The block was presented to us during the Top Tier Event. We also got a certificate and had our picture taken with the Captain, HD, LA & CD.

We got our 210 block during the Top Tier event onboard Rhapsody too this past July. We were called out, given our block and a certificate and had our picture taken with the Captain. We were actually a little embarrassed as we are just lowly D+. But there were no Pinnacles and only around 70 D/D+ on that cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got our 210 block during the Top Tier event onboard Rhapsody too this past July. We were called out, given our block and a certificate and had our picture taken with the Captain. We were actually a little embarrassed as we are just lowly D+. But there were no Pinnacles and only around 70 D/D+ on that cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the ship. We got an Anthem block last week on day 2 of the cruise. The block was presented to us during the Top Tier Event. We also got a certificate and had our picture taken with the Captain, HD, LA & CD.
That is very nice. All three times the block was sitting on our bed when we got to our stateroom. Will see what happens next month when we get our block on allure. Seems like it depends on the LA how you get the block?

Actually we got a block on allure last year and I had to go down to LA and ask her when would we get block. Said it would be in our room later. Showed up on our bed the next night.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

... Seems like it depends on the LA how you get the block? ...

That has been our experience. Sometimes on the bed, sometimes at the repeater's party, sometimes just handed to us, sometimes nothing requiring a call to C&A after the cruise.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

1 hour ago, Dennis#1 said:

Wow.....

That's Crazy!

2 hours ago, Biker19 said:

The going rate for most of them is under $100 - something really weird going on with that auction.

Biker, who got $55 for his Anthem block.

Out of production. 😉

I wonder if you could contact manufacturer and order an old one?

Legend, Splendor, Monarch, Sovereign 🤔

48 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Out of production. 😉

Two Legend ones sold recently around $100 each.

I'm sure you could order it, if you were RCI.

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Out of production. 😉

Good question John.  I also wonder if one could contact the manufacturer to order an old one.  If you or anyone else can get an answer to this question, please post,  Thanks.

I sure would like to get a Sovereign of the Seas crystal block.  Our first cruise was on the Sovereign and we have been on her 3 other times (before her sale in 2008).  I already have crystal blocks for Legend, Splendor and Monarch.  Lots of fond memories on these older ships.

On 5/15/2018 at 9:13 AM, John Reid said:

We had the same exact progression of events. We didn't get it on our Grandeur cruise at 140. At 164 on Anthem, I asked at C & A Loyalty and they said it should come from the ship when I hit 140. I emailed C & A and got the usual response - none. At 188 on Grandeur I went to their Loyalty concierge. He was a real trip. Hemmed and hawed and I stopped him mid-sentence and went through the details - let's say more clearly. I told him again that I didn't get it when I was supposed to, I got no answer from C & A, and if he had one just go get it. What great customer service.

Also, there is an additional "gift." The list is available online, but I haven't found a way into the choices to select online. I could in the past. I've read on the boards that they must be called to select. More great customer service and convenience.

Well if you all have a problem getting glass blocks, I guess I should refrain from being upset about the "signature lapel pin".  We got one Platinum pin the night before we turned Emerald.  Haven't seen one yet for Emerald.  Not that it is a big deal.  But I am wondering.  If and when we turn Pinnacle, are both our names inscribed on one pin and we just switch out who wears it in the morning and who wears it at night?  Will we get our one Emerald pin the night before we turn Diamond on our next RCCL cruise?  I know I'm being petty and don't really care about the "signature lapel pin".  However, if it is designed to appreciate you for the loyalty, I would think a person wouldn't have to go chase down their gift.  Especially when it comes to cruisers getting glass blocks.  You have spent a lot of money and time with them and they should show their appreciation by recognizing you properly.  Just sayin'.

On 8/5/2018 at 8:43 AM, STEVE-O said:

We have an extra Jewel and will be getting another Anthem next month. I'd like to trade for a Radiance or Explorer OTS......

It's been 3+ months....thought I'd try again on the chance there are new readers....

On 9/16/2018 at 6:41 AM, frank808 said:

That is very nice. All three times the block was sitting on our bed when we got to our stateroom. Will see what happens next month when we get our block on allure. Seems like it depends on the LA how you get the block?

Actually we got a block on allure last year and I had to go down to LA and ask her when would we get block. Said it would be in our room later. Showed up on our bed the next night.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

Returned to our room, second night of cruise, and the block was sitting on the desk by the downstairs bathroom.

No certificate or anything, just the blue box with block in it.  This is our 4th block and have never gotten a certificate or presentation.  Just left in our room 4 times. Well we had to inquire once about not receiving block. 

ON GIFTS and on CERTIFICATEs:

1. We found out on the Brilliance that your LA on the ship has the abillity to tell you what is on offer for the GIFTS and submit them to the system for you . We have not cruised since changing our choices (bottom line - its booze its fruit and cupcakes and only a few logo items at any tier. as you go up the booze options change mainly to "better ones" I guess). 

2. Here is what all LA could give you if they wanted filling in the *** for your points. We sometimes got this sometimes not. It was always left in the room with the block.

1743714445_crystalblockcert.thumb.jpg.a3dbcb644597cbacd53748548f73a96a.jpg

So the first crystal block you can get is at 140 points?  I thought it was when you turned D.  Does anyone have an Ovation crystal they would like to sell?  We are trying to get a crystal block for each ship we sail but were thinking the first block came when you reached Diamond.

3 minutes ago, lovescats5 said:

So the first crystal block you can get is at 140 points?  I thought it was when you turned D.  Does anyone have an Ovation crystal they would like to sell?  We are trying to get a crystal block for each ship we sail but were thinking the first block came when you reached Diamond.

Correct, first block comes at 140 points.