RCCL new Diamond Lounge Policy?

seeyakids

Don't understand where you are going? I have never critised anyone for bringing onboard what is allowed and beer was until then.

I always get them in the duty free at Barcelona and carry them in the duty free bag.

At the top of the elevator there was a board saying no beer which they had just started.I was waived on with the Perrier.

No.

No, it wasn't.

Wait, let me think.

Nope.

Not allowed.

Ever.

I meant confrontation on here.

I don't think they would or should enforce jackets and ties in the Mdr.

I think they should enforce the people that come scruffy to the Mdr and a swimsuit in the Dl is a bit much. Or less

Agreed. I believe shorts and a few other things are prohibited at dinner but not enforced.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

He absolutely lied about his beer.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=54249439&highlight=beer#post54249439

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=53387001&highlight=beer#post53387001

Or this post

This was still in the terminal at the top of the escalator,they had a RC board saying no beer.He checked the shop carrier bag where i had 6 cans of beer and he pointed to the sign.

We just went back downstairs saying we were taking them back to shop then put the cans in a hand case and went back up and walked straight past him and up the gangway to the ship no more checks except card when we got on ship.

Sorry Judge Judy i have sinned for the first time in my life.

Actually in hindsight i was that thirsty as it was 89f i should have just opened them there and there and drunk them all because i did on our balcony as soon as i got on the ship as it only amounted to 3 pints.

Actually in hindsight i was that thirsty as it was 89f i should have just opened them there and there and drunk them all because i did on our balcony as soon as i got on the ship as it only amounted to 3 pints.

You can stoop to calling me names, it won't bother me. Beer has never been allowed to be carried on the ship. Maybe lying to security about returning them was a first, taking the prohibited item on the ship was not a first as evidenced by your own posts.

CC would be terribly boring if we only have you and Island Lady holding your private talks.

Exchange phone numbers. [emoji33]

Confrontation posts keep it interesting.

Your right we have had a few interesting discussions but hopefully you take it in good spirit like i do.

You can stoop to calling me names, it won't bother me. Beer has never been allowed to be carried on the ship. Maybe lying to security about returning them was a first, taking the prohibited item on the ship was not a first as evidenced by your own posts.

That's news to me as D+ i have had many RC cruises carrying on 6 small cans of beer on embarkation day in an open plastic duty free bag and no one has ever said anything till June 2017.

Lets be friends.

Wow. I mean Wow. For someone who claims they drink very little alcohol and almost always has a drink in hand in many pictures of himself and lady, and is now caught smuggling alcohol onboard through their own posts?

I just don’t know what to say.

I am sure you can cry on Island Lady shoulder.

Wow. I mean Wow. For someone who claims they drink very little alcohol and almost always has a drink in hand in many pictures of himself and lady, and is now caught smuggling alcohol onboard through their own posts?

I just don’t know what to say.

I am sure you can cry on Island Lady shoulder.

6 small cans of beer in an open plastic bag,i always carried them in an open bag at embarkation only because i honestly didn't think they were prohibited and no one ever questioned me until last June so in future it will be a bottle of wine if it is still allowed.

I like a drink on holiday.

For the last 3 years with MIL dementia i have not been able to drink more than 1 drink at home because we get calls all hours of the day and night to come to tend to her from Paulines brother who lives with his mam and i have to drive with 5 minute's notice.

6 small cans of beer in an open plastic bag,i always carried them in an open bag at embarkation only because i honestly didn't think they were prohibited and no one ever questioned me until last June so in future it will be a bottle of wine if it is still allowed.

I like a drink on holiday.

For the last 3 years with MIL dementia i have not been able to drink more than 1 drink at home because we get calls all hours of the day and night to come to tend to her from Paulines brother who lives with his mam and i have to drive with 5 minute's notice.

You may contact the Concierge and they will stock your in room refrigerator as you wish. It will not be FREE. I typically have them stock with a 12 pack. I enjoy a beer in my cabin/balcony. Prices have varied from ship to ship. I track down the crew that is charged with mini bar stock and insure they have a tip.

No reason to smuggle alcohol onboard.

No.

No, it wasn't.

Wait, let me think.

Nope.

Not allowed.

Ever.

No ifs i always when sailing from Barcelona get 6 small cans of beer at the duty free and always carried them in an open duty free bag because i thought they were allowed and i wasn't hiding anything and no one has ever said anything till our last cruise.

In future i might get a bottle of wine or nothing because being D+ we can get free drinks in the DL or CL.

I only found out what rum runners were recently i thought they were people getting rum for you.

I would like to have friendly conversations with yourself and everyone else on here.

You may contact the Concierge and they will stock your in room refrigerator as you wish. It will not be FREE. I typically have them stock with a 12 pack. I enjoy a beer in my cabin/balcony. Prices have varied from ship to ship. I track down the crew that is charged with mini bar stock and insure they have a tip.

Hardly smuggling if they are in full view. I suppose he could have waited until happy hour and blagged the most expensive drink because its free, or would you class that as stealing. I'm sure if more did it Royal may stop the perk, then it would affect you.

I think the price is the reason

No ifs i always when sailing from Barcelona get 6 small cans of beer at the duty free and always carried them in an open duty free bag because i thought they were allowed and i wasn't hiding anything and no one has ever said anything till our last cruise.

In future i might get a bottle of wine or nothing because being D+ we can get free drinks in the DL or CL.

I only found out what rum runners were recently i thought they were people getting rum for you.

I would like to have friendly conversations with yourself and everyone else on here.

We have the Gambler and now you will forever be known as the D+ Smuggler. [emoji23]

If you carry 6 cans of beer in your hand at embarkation and no one says anything it is not smuggling.

Our cruise's because of Paulines mams illness are 7 nights maximum but for

This year we are restricted to a 5 night two 3 night and a 2 night cruise from Southampton England because of her illness

If you carry 6 cans of beer in your hand at embarkation and no one says anything it is not smuggling.

Our cruise's because of Paulines mams illness are 7 nights maximum but for

This year we are restricted to a 5 night two 3 night and a 2 night cruise from Southampton England because of her illness

Sorry about your Mams.

Bringing on prohibited items, especially alcohol, is smuggling.

Known or unknown doesn’t make it right. It’s prohibited.

Hardly smuggling if they are in full view. I suppose he could have waited until happy hour and blagged the most expensive drink because its free, or would you class that as stealing. I'm sure if more did it Royal may stop the perk, then it would affect you.

Thanks i never hide anything because the 6 small cans of San Miguel are always in view and no one has said anything before on embarkation day.

I agree as D+ i can have plenty in the DL or CL,the 5.4% San Miguel in Spain is not available in England

Sorry about your Mams.

Bringing on prohibited items, especially alcohol, is smuggling.

Known or unknown doesn’t make it right. It’s prohibited.

Yes i agree but now i know i won't bring beer in future.

Regards Graham.

Royal would need to make dress codes more than a suggestion before enforcing. If they start forcing people to wear Suits and Ties to MDR or Dinner, they will lose lots of cruisers.

Confrontation....

My magic 8 Ball say's, "don't count on it". Which is more reliable than your WAG.

No.

No, it wasn't.

Wait, let me think.

Nope.

Not allowed.

Ever.

1998 Cozumel, walked right back on carrying remnants of 6 pack from shore; cheaper than water. I remember my brothers having beer after San Juan in 1991 or 1992.

These were also the days though when beer onboard was still much cheaper than land prices, and you could buy liquor in duty free shops and pay a few extra dollars to take it back to your room.

1998 Cozumel, walked right back on carrying remnants of 6 pack from shore; cheaper than water. I remember my brothers having beer after San Juan in 1991 or 1992.

These were also the days though when beer onboard was still much cheaper than land prices, and you could buy liquor in duty free shops and pay a few extra dollars to take it back to your room.

Yep, I remember when I first started sailing Royal being able to to buy liquor in the duty free store onboard and take it back to your cabin for a $25 fee. How things have changed.

We have the Gambler and now you will forever be known as the D+ Smuggler. [emoji23]

Is now the time to confess that I was going on bring my Emotional Support St Bernard on Harmony this Saturday, with his flask full of Brandy. Did I forget to mention that he is not toilet trained and his mouth is level with the top of the appetizer buffet in the Suite Lounge?

I think that covers most of the topics, well expect that he has no suit for formal night. :')