$79 for We Will Rock You VIP show!!!!

gaylemh

Are they nuts???? People on my sailing had their reservations cancelled because of this.

Insider's View: We Will Rock You

The Royal Theater

Prices Starting From* $79.00 USD Adult $79.00 USD Child

Add To Cart

• Restrictions

Yes view

Overview

Enjoy the ultimate theater experience with Insider’s View — including a cast meet and greet, signed photo of the cast, pre-show cocktail and premier seating for Olivier Award-winning musical, We Will Rock You. Join an alliance of rebel Bohemians, a dreamer named Galileo and a cynic named Scaramouche in this champion of a show written by comedian and author Ben Elton. The West End comes to the high seas with a score of killer Queen anthems, like “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “Killer Queen” and of course, “We Will Rock You.” Get an up-close look at the musical that rocked over 6.5 million people in a record-breaking 12 years at the iconic Dominion Theatre in London.

You men their "free" reservation was cancelled because someone paid $79 to meet the cast? Sounds silly. I got the idea that seats in the back in the middle got the best sound.

RCCL canceled peoples reservations for the cruise on Sunday, because they are having a special VIP show and charging $79. I can't see anyone paying $79 for something they can see for free.

I hope that they end up with an empty theater and egg on their faces.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I wonder if they just canceled some of the reservations to open up just one section of the theater to sell for the $79. I can't believe they would really believe a third of the passengers would pay $79 to see a show that they can see for free.

Like the Oasis raising the price for Johnny Rockets to $9.95 - I think that this is another "Royal Caribbean experiment" to see what the market will bear.

I repeat: I hope that they end up with an empty theater and egg on their faces.

Re CD - not saying he cooked it up.... but seems he is the person who would need to explain to those who had reservations and were cancelled.

Just checked on my June Anthem cruise. There is an option for "We Will Rock You" to reserve comp or to pay the $79 per person for "Insider's View" at same performances... (IMHO...soooooo not worth it...... - wonder how many people will actually pay?)

I actually think idea behind this has some merit, but it simply has not been thought through. At the end of the day Royal is a business and should look at all opportunities to create extra turnover, from existing facilities on board.........BUT

The $79 price is way to high, and the offering way to low. I think some people would buy into this if they also include a dress up session and a photo as if the cruiser was a performer in the show. They could then sell a special cast member T-Shirt.

I applaud anyone that is creative with business opportunities, but there are many others on most Royal ships that would be more appealing than this.

I know this is an extra event , but I really hope they don't start charging for shows in general. I forget if it's Carnival or NCL but not all of their shows are included. That would suck.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I'm booked on the Symphony 'pre-booking' cruise on March 31st. Entertainment reservations are not yet open, leaving me to think there's a question mark over whether one or more will be ready.

Flight comes to mind, but I continue to hope, it's the one I want to see most!

Now, I'm starting to wonder if potential charging might also be a factor.

I'm usually pretty sanguine about 'nickel and diming', I ignore the announcements, avoid the Royal Promenade during T-Shirt and watch sales and happily do my own thing.

Charging for shows would be a step too far IMO. I enjoyed We Will Rock You on Anthem, the story is ludicrous but the music is great. I've also seen Saturday Night Fever on Liberty. Again, I enjoyed it, but neither was worth $79!

Soon it will be a base price for the cruise which will include a cabin and food in the WJ, then you pay for room cleaning, eating in the MDR, this is something that would make me think about going with another line or even more land based vacations.

We are on Ovation in May and have heard a rumour that they charge for ifly, something that was free on Anthem, I hope it's not true as it's one of the reasons we booked Ovation.