Have you sailed over 1500 days?????

rosewood jo

I'd have to ask Mr spook to tally but I bet he has close to that if not more. which is why he laughs at all the boasters on cruise ships who proudly proclaim they have 200 days at sea. he did that in one year once. with NO alcohol on board, NO prime rib or lobster and he had to clean his own stateroom.

I'd have to ask Mr spook to tally but I bet he has close to that if not more. which is why he laughs at all the boasters on cruise ships who proudly proclaim they have 200 days at sea. he did that in one year once. with NO alcohol on board, NO prime rib or lobster and he had to clean his own stateroom.

Same here, except I didn't have a stateroom, just a shared berthing compartment.

Too bad rowboats and canoes don't count. Otherwise, I could say "yes". :D

Yes, I think it's important for OP to specify "'sailed' on a cruise ship." Quite a few folks on CC have a logbook full of time-at-sea (military, merchant marine, government or "looking out the window at my boat in the marina").

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well I come up with 545 days on cruise ships. I always tell people that my wife and I have spent 6% of our time together on cruise ships. I'm sure we have spent another 5% of our time together on land based travel (maybe more as I don't keep track of land travel).

We don't collect "stuff", but we do collect experiences together!

Enjoy,

Kel:D

Not fair with Chengkp...since he worked as a Senior Officer (and obviously has many thousands of days). We are over 1000 days, but honestly have no idea how many since we never bothered to count or even keep track of our cruises. After more than forty years of cruising its amazing how much one can forget....other than the fact that we have never had a bad cruise :).

But I can tell the OP that all of our cruise days pales by comparison to many folks we have met on our cruises. We once met a couple that darn near lived on the old Royal Princess (they cruised over 300 days a year) and they had thousands of days on a single cruise line (and many more days on other lines). On our longer HAL cruises it is very common to meet folks with over 1000 days just on HAL (and many more days on other lines).

There is a large group of cruisers who, like us, have been retired a few years and cruise many days a year. Most of us started cruising when we were younger (and working), and then we all went cruise crazy once we did not have the day to day work obligations. You will normally find many of these cruisers on the longer more exotic itineraries. Many of us now avoid shorter cruises (especially 7 day) for many reasons.

Hank

I’ve just tried to list the cruises I’ve been on by ship and can’t remember them all so counting days is out I’m afraid

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've tried to keep a record, but lost it... the only way I remember is by the signature at the bottom of each post- I do try to keep that up to date for my own benefit! New ship, old line and 2 new ports next...

While we are the subject of tenure, some fellow cruisers had fun on a HAL talking about the most days on 1 ship. In our case it is exactly (I kid you not) 200 days on the Prinsendam. But one in the group (on the HAL cruise) had nearly 900 days on HAL's Amsterdam (they do the world cruise every year).

Hank

Most cruise lines keep track of all the days eachof us sails with them and you can get that number form the "Repeater Program's department.

I have over 1,00 days if I combine days from all the cruise lines w e sailed.

Numbers from cruise line loyalty programs are often not accurate for actual days at sea because extra points are given for booking suites, on board spending, etc. Just because a person has 1000 points doesn’t mean they spent 1000 days at sea.

Between all the loyalty programs, I have over 5000 points. There’s no way I can say for certain, but I’d estimate my days at sea to be approx 5 years - or 1800 days.

I am a cruise baby with 67 days at sea and only 31 years old... My non cruising friends think that's a lot?

Ah well....

Done a good amount of countries not on cruises so that'll do for me.

I don't think I will get to 1500 days at sea to be honest, once I have done all the ports and continents I want I will probably find something else. :)

I am a cruise baby with 67 days at sea and only 31 years old... My non cruising friends think that's a lot?

Ah well....

Done a good amount of countries not on cruises so that'll do for me.

I don't think I will get to 1500 days at sea to be honest, once I have done all the ports and continents I want I will probably find something else. :)

I have about the same as you. I think that is a lot for 31 years old. I'm 44.

My kids will potentially be around the same as you when they are your age. They are already at about 35 days and my oldest child is 15.

Well, over 1000 on cruise ships (though not in pax quarters!), and 8000 or so total at sea.

Amazing total. So which Captains are the craziest ones around, willing to go through almost any conditions anywhere? I've heard the ones on the cargo ships are. Any truth to that??? ;p

Met a day lady year who was on her 9th World Cruise. Had friends who did at least 50 days a year and had been doing so for over 50 years, plus back in the day they’d sail to England and back at least once a year from Australia and in those days it was a long Cruise. Most of their time was a passengers on cargo ships.