Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

Took me hours tonight (via a ‘backdoor’ link someone posted here) to manage to complete my sail & sign.

Had to change my password yet again to proceed.

Found it odd I couldn’t access DH’s account via normal login page...not even an option to change his password grrr. We’ve been on the same RCCL & Celebrity salings. Figure I’ll wait & address that issue after we have another cruise under our belts to avoid two long waits on hold.

Hi,

I keep reading about being able to set upgrade preference to auto. But I look through the entire website just before it changes to the new interface, I can't find where I can set it.

With the new interface, is even worse.

Is it possible for us to set it now?

Thanks

I can't help with where to find it, but I have read on here that the upgrades aren't really always an upgrade. It might be a different catagory, but still in the same type of cabin such as a balcony. You could get moved to an ocean view with a larger balcony from the regular sized balcony, but yet it might not really be better. It could have a partially obstructed view or be in a bad location such as under the buffet or the pool deck where you will have noise above. Good chance you will be able to hear the chairs being dragged around. We were below the Windjammer one time and late in the evening and early morning we would hear them dragging the chairs as they were cleaning the floors. I forget which ship, but it was one that had the outside seating and bar just outside the Windjammer.

Hi,

I keep reading about being able to set upgrade preference to auto. But I look through the entire website just before it changes to the new interface, I can't find where I can set it.

Thanks

No. Used to be control panel/edit options. Not there anymore.

Hi,

Thanks

Backdoor to Upgrade Preferences:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/UpgradePreferences

I've just started bookmarking all the back door links.

Also a note - once on that page, you can not use the menu on the left as that will take you to the "new and improved" website. So if you want to go and change your Gift Preferences, you need to use a separate backdoor link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/GiftPreferences

SO then if I don't want to change gift preferences and they are still there when I check the link, I don't need to do anything? I don't want to call C&A because they will probably screw everything up if I do. What a company! :mad:

Apparently the "merger" of the systems hasn't happened yet. I still need my old ID/PW to log in to my Celebrity account. Hopefully they won't actually merge them until after I'm done with my next Celebrity cruise:eek:

Hi,

Thanks

I was told by the C&A person who's working on my account that preferences and upgrade settings are not currently available. They expect they will be restored "in the next couple months". They are able to do that over the phone.

I can't help with where to find it, but I have read on here that the upgrades aren't really always an upgrade. It might be a different catagory, but still in the same type of cabin such as a balcony. You could get moved to an ocean view with a larger balcony from the regular sized balcony, but yet it might not really be better. It could have a partially obstructed view or be in a bad location such as under the buffet or the pool deck where you will have noise above. Good chance you will be able to hear the chairs being dragged around. We were below the Windjammer one time and late in the evening and early morning we would hear them dragging the chairs as they were cleaning the floors. I forget which ship, but it was one that had the outside seating and bar just outside the Windjammer.

also told yesterday to be VERY careful when you get an email that looks "very similar" to the ones previously sent notifying of an upgrade. They are starting something new by offering you upgrades at a cost to you. Not a free upgrade. Once preferences are working again they are starting a wait list for these paid upgrades. Also told these paid upgrades typically won't become available till after the final payment. THERE WILL still be the selection of the free upgrade but it does seem to me those days are over.

I reported to her that the boards are reporting that the new nonrefundable deposits were to help deter late cancellations and felt the this new enhancement was actually even more restrictive. How does one figure out how much it's worth to upgrade. I can't imagine how this will affect those booking guaranteed cabins either.

Backdoor to Upgrade Preferences:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/UpgradePreferences

I've just started bookmarking all the back door links.

Also a note - once on that page, you can not use the menu on the left as that will take you to the "new and improved" website. So if you want to go and change your Gift Preferences, you need to use a separate backdoor link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/GiftPreferences

Tried the "back door" a couple of weeks ago and couldn't get it saved but, just tried it again, and wallah! Success! Thanks!!:cool:

I can't imagine how this will affect those booking guaranteed cabins either.

Very unlikely anyone without an assignment under a GTY booking would get an upgrade offer. Once assigned a cabin, the GTY booking issue is gone.

It might take less time for you to just legally change your name. Besides, if RCI says that is your name then who are you to question it?:eek:

Thanks for the good laugh and perspective. :D:D

I have been unable to make any payments partial or final since this debacle started. As I said on Apr 2nd, I do not intend to waste my time waiting on the phone to talk to someone at Royal Caribbean to make payments on my next cruise (Brilliance of the Seas) this fall, because of their ineptitude.

Every cruise line has their ‘final payment due’ date. I have added my own milestone for the RCCL family cruises I have booked; a ‘cancel after date’ that date falls between May 8th and the final payment date. Once that ‘cancel after date’ passes I will call them, not to make a payment, but to cancel the cruise. That gives RCCL two months from when they broke it to fix this abomination, at least, before I start canceling cruises. I haven’t made any payments on my cruises since February; because I first, could not get into their website at all and later (the 20th) when I could get in without any help from Royal, I kept getting ‘a connection error’ and a message saying call them to make a payment.

In all fairness I have to say I received an email from the “Royal Caribbean Cruises Digital Team” AFTER I was able to access the new website without any assistance from RCCL. They wanted a phone number and time to contact me because they would like to work with me personally to resolve this issue. The email I received also had a large link in it too and said “You should now be able to log in to your guest account using your email address and password here” followed by the link. Further down in the email it said “It will be helpful for you to include any additional details such as upcoming reservation numbers, cruise details and your loyalty account number(s)” all of which raised red flags about the possibility of them not being a RCCL/RCI group. I told them about the payment issue and some other things (without reveling any personal information) and told them “ Since your group sees no need or is unable to answer the questions I have already asked; I see no value in providing you with my home phone number or a good time to contact me”. I also did not provide them my C&A number or click on their link.

I was still getting the connection error message Monday when I tried, when I check again tomorrow (I check once or twice a week now) I will respond to their last email telling the issues is still there. If I end up cancelling my cruise(s), you can be assured the refund(s) will not be spent on anything in the RCCL family.

Back on March 1st, I considered myself to be loyal to Royal going forward, it’s surprising how quickly thing can change. Now, just over a month later, the entire Royal family is at the bottom of my list, when looking to book a new cruise.

While I completely understand your frustration with this new website, and I share that frustration, is it possible that you were already unhappy with RCI and this is a good opportunity to cancel your cruises and make a statement? Your solution seems drastic. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Yesterday I received an email asking if I wanted to be put in a list for a upgrade. Maybe that’s how they will do it now? *♀️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes confirmed yesterday. Although it is first come first serve it's not free. Even though the email you will receive looks a lot like the old one used for free upgrades. Sounds like a lottery or an auction to me. Going forward I will figure out how much an upgrade is worth it to me so I don't get swept away (like ebay) bidding for an item.

Edited by B&J_Pgh

Good morning everyone!! Over the past two days I have been unable to sign in to the RC site - even requested a password reset and I have not received an email. Anyone else experiencing that?

Thank you in advance

You could try clearing cookies and/or use a different browser.

Does anybody still have incorrect C&A number posted against their name?

I had already posted about me acquiring a middle name which I have never had in my life! Patricia , which is a lovely name but just not mine!

I have beeen demoted to a Gold member and lost 1,000 points :eek:. I guess this is what happens when you defect to another cruise line ;):D.

I did manage to get in the back door and take a screen shot of my correct name, points and C&A number.

At this point I am getting past caring .

Hi Heather. After initially finding my cruise points and CA number accurate once I changed my username to my email address, the next time I logged in the same thing happened to me as you described above. I called for help and they wanted me to try taking out the new CA number and putting in the correct one, which the site would not let me do (under settings). However I then noticed they had my birthdate shown one year different than usual. For that part I was able to correct it and got a response about the change "pending". I logged out and back in and all was back to normal :D

So I just heard about the new website and all the issues. Like everyone else, I tried to login, only to get the blue screen of death.

After skimming some of this thread, I requested the password reset and was finally able to get in to a different screen where I had to re-enter my basic info.

My points total and status are showing correctly in the right upper corner of the dashboard, but there's nothing listed under past cruises.

I'm assuming (hoping) they just haven't loaded all that old information with the new logins yet. As long as my totals and status are correct, am I okay in assuming it's just a waiting game now and I don't need to worry about the old cruises being listed at this point?

... My points total and status are showing correctly in the right upper corner of the dashboard, but there's nothing listed under past cruises. ...

It took a day after I reset my username/password before the past cruises showed up.

It took a day after I reset my username/password before the past cruises showed up.

Thanks, that's what I was hoping.

Now to reset the rest of the family accounts!

I'll be optimistic and hope that once they get all the login bugs sorted, this new site will hopefully be less buggy than the last.

(I know, I know... you can stop laughing now).;p

Update

3 of 4 family members new wen access have been working well, the fourth has had no luck getting their C&A number to be recognized. I have input it on the website dozens of times to no avail. (Surprisingly the web portal for this one individual is correctly showing an upcoming reservation)

Finally called last night, was on hold less than 5 minutes and got through to a gentleman that took on the challenge. He investigated and informed me that the C&A number we were using is invalid and they have no record of it (shocking because as of a month ago it was a Diamond level number)

Anyway the CS rep assigned us a new number, and after about 30 minutes all prior cruise information was uploaded and correct and the points were reflected under the new C&A number.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the good laugh and perspective. :D:D

While I completely understand your frustration with this new website, and I share that frustration, is it possible that you were already unhappy with RCI and this is a good opportunity to cancel your cruises and make a statement? Your solution seems drastic. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I was not unhappy with RCI before their feeble attempt at an upgrade started; actually they were my first choice in cruises at that time. I also do not consider my decision to be drastic because after almost a month of this debacle and no end in sight; I do not see where I should be a free ‘BETA tester’ for them; or go out of my way wasting what could be multiple hours of my time on hold trying to work around a failure RCCL/RCI caused and apparently is not capable of fixing, just to give them money. If I see where there website is fixed to the point I can use it before my ‘cancel after dates’ arrives, I will start making payments again and go on the cruise(s); if not I will cancel the cruise associated with that date and spend the refund elsewhere, simple as that. Between Jan 2015 and Dec 2017, I completed 12 cruises; half of those were on Royal Caribbean ships and two of the three cruises I currently have booked are with Royal Caribbean.

I am retired IT and have personally been involved with many upgrades, reconfigurations and one major consolidation of three large data centers into one new purpose built computer facility. In each case we always had a rollback plan that let us go back to where we were before the change started, if problems were encountered. We also scheduled the changes to insure minimal or no impact to our customers and made sure customers were made aware of the time frame of the work. However, I do not remember Facebook ever being mentioned in connection with notifying our customers. Of the many changes I was involved with, we had a few rollbacks and only one upgrade that went perfectly, that one had us worried a little because it went too smoothly. Most had a few minor loose ends that needed dealt with; but never anything like what is going on with RCI. Their obvious failure to properly plan for the possibility of the new website not working properly and not having a fallback plan in place to revert back to the old website is inexcusable. I told their “Royal Caribbean Cruises Digital Team” in my last email I sent then “My loyalty to Royal is already gone and my patience is wearing very thin.”

For what it’s worth; I tried again this morning to make a payment and was actually able to get into my reservation for the cruise I have booked this fall, set a custom payment, fill out the rest of the information they wanted and check the I agree to the terms and conditions and when I clicked on the pay button low and behold “CONNECTION ERROR There Was An Error Processing Your Payment, Please Try Again Later” pops up. They have made some progress; at least I can get to where I put in my information, change the payment to a partial vs. full payment and when I click on pay, it does something, but unfortunately not what it is supposed to do. Now I have to check my credit card statement to see if I was billed by RCI.