Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

I managed to get to the gift preferences by doing what they suggested, but changing rccl to royalcarbbean

http://www.royalcaribean.com/GiftPreferences

First time it asked me to log on (with the old log in page). Second visit after logging on took me to gift preferences, yay!

That worked for me also.....

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

i was just in their website a few days ago and now i cant get in.....saying my user name and password isnt correct....even tried to use my email address to retrieve my password and it says that is wrong.....anyone else having problems?

As others have experienced, when I lot in it shows NONE of my past cruises and tells me it doesn't recognize my C&A number. I thought merging the sites was a GREAT idea. I hoped it meant further mergers, like points and loyalty perks. But I'm no longer a fan. It's a mess!

What do you expect they are just following the example of their leader Mr. Bayley; he blamed us ‘the customers’ for the problems with the rollout of this ‘great piece of work website’ half way through the second paragraph in his letter on Facebook and I quote ” The root cause of everyone’s frustration is a combination of many guests having created multiple accounts over the years, the elimination of being able to select amenities and preferences online for our loyal Crown & Anchor members, and mistakes we made in developing and implementing the first release of this new capability.”

WOW, really?? No accountability whatsoever. Now I have several cabins for family booked that have never been on RCI and I no longer see the link to put their info in for my OBC. Guess that's gone too. :(

I haven't seen anyone asking about this recently so... Has anyone been able to add a Celebrity or Azamara cruise to their Cruise List? I see my Celebrity member # but when I put in the reservation number it comes back invalid. Just wondering if there is a reason that they refer to "linking" the accounts if you still can't access everything from one place.

Just wondering if there is a reason that they refer to "linking" the accounts if you still can't access everything from one place.

The login is the same across RCCL's lines, but the accounts are still separate so you need to login on separate sites. The look/feel of the sites are different across the lines - I assume to cater to the demographics of the line.

The login is the same across RCCL's lines, but the accounts are still separate so you need to login on separate sites. The look/feel of the sites are different across the lines - I assume to cater to the demographics of the line.

So what then does this really accomplish? People who so chose could already use the same e-mail and password for the various sites so it doesn't even cut down on the number of log-in information that one has to remember. All it did was force the use of an e-mail address for a user name.

So what does it really accomplish? People who so chose could already use the same e-mail and password for the various sites so it doesn't even cut down on the number of log-in information that one has to remember.

It has nothing to do with customer convenience. It's all about satisfying inhouse goals.

i was just in my cruises on the website within the past 5 days.... since yesterday, i cant get in.....even tried forgot password and when i put my email in, it says its not recognized......anyone else having problems?

Biker,

I have a different log-in ID/password on Celebrity site. Am I supposed to be able to access Celebrity site with my RCCL (new email) log-in ID/password?

Is this why Mr. Bayley claimed customers creating multiple accounts over the years was a problem? I thought he meant multiple RCCL accounts for the same person, and not a different log-in for Celebrity vs RCCL.

I notice on Celebrity profile, my mailing address is still listed. On RCCL no address field - and only email option for contact from cruise lines. Appears they are moving away from snail mail, and requiring electronic contact only.

Also, the DOB on RCCL site has been updated to use the 4-digit birth year again, instead of the 2-digit year they slipped in with the new website. (Figured the 2-digit year must have been programmed by someone who was not yet born during the Y2K projects. Is this new website a project by a high school computer science class?)

Edited by peach section
added comments

Biker,

I have a different log-in ID/password on Celebrity site. Am I supposed to be able to access Celebrity site with my RCCL (new email) log-in ID/password?

Yes, I assume they (RCCL) want one login for all their sites and their mobile apps. I imagine in the not too distant future, there might be a link on the RCI home page to take you directly to Celebrity (or Azmara for that matter).

Yes, I assume they (RCCL) want one login for all their sites and their mobile apps. I imagine in the not too distant future, there might be a link on the RCI home page to take you directly to Celebrity (or Azmara for that matter).

Thanks! I’ll keep an eye out for it.

They couldn’t care less about my account I am a lowly diamond. But all they say is call customer service and stay on hold for 2+ hours to get an off shore person that doesn’t care. Shame on you royal carribean ! I hope your stock crumbles for the entitled officers of the company. Waiting for the critic. Critics

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Annoying people?

:D And causing the creation of entertaining threads on cruise critic, so that they can keep the popcorn coming. They must own stocks in Orville Redenbacher too. 🍿

And true to form, I had to use the email/password to log in to the app at least four times on the cruise this week. Then it would have to look up the cruises to find the right one to build my experience.

Many things were just plain wrong on the app, but at least they kept posting “Sorry, we hit a snag” several times.

283be1cf3cedfbb6b1bf0137740ec97d.jpg

Reminds me of the site, where past cruises are not correct.

guess we are sailing as a gold member..last time ever with RCI..MORE crap

And true to form, I had to use the email/password to log in to the app at least four times on the cruise this week. Then it would have to look up the cruises to find the right one to build my experience.

Many things were just plain wrong on the app, but at least they kept posting “Sorry, we hit a snag” several times.

283be1cf3cedfbb6b1bf0137740ec97d.jpg

Reminds me of the site, where past cruises are not correct.

:D And causing the creation of entertaining threads on cruise critic, so that they can keep the popcorn coming. They must own stocks in Orville Redenbacher too. [emoji897]

You are probably correct. When will RCCL get their web site corrected?

a7f1643cb20b8bbf1f579b4d7d0e5908.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk