Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

Well I just tried signing into the website and again nothing. I have only had one userid and one password over the past and none of it works now. I guess that’s their version of high security. I do have a backdoor link to sign in via the old sign-in page so I am able to see that our two bookings are still there. Any other link I select caries me back to the new sign-in screen that does not work. Has anyone been able to sign in via the new page using their old userid and password? Or has everyone changed to an email address and new password.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So was I

Royal told me to log in go to settings write my C&A # down cause I will need to re-enter it.

Change my birthday by 1 year and save.

Go to Dashboard and make sure C&A# disappears.

Go back to settings correct the birth year then Log Out.

Wait 1 minute the Log in.

Then re-enter C&A # if not there. save again.

Log off, wait 1 minute then log on again.

After that my points were corrected.

Unbelievable. This sorcery actually corrected my "C&A number is invalid" message I was getting, and all my past cruises showed up.

The only thing missing from this is a 'sprinkle magic fairy dust' and 'click your heels together 3 times and say there's no cruise line like Royal'. :')

It sure would be nice if the old stateroom numbers and docs showed up for the old cruises. I'd love to see some of that old info again.

Well I just tried signing into the website and again nothing. I have only had one userid and one password over the past and none of it works now. I guess that’s their version of high security. I do have a backdoor link to sign in via the old sign-in page so I am able to see that our two bookings are still there. Any other link I select caries me back to the new sign-in screen that does not work. Has anyone been able to sign in via the new page using their old userid and password? Or has everyone changed to an email address and new password.

I had to change over to my email and a new password.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Oh my gosh, this is awful!

It is showing I have an upcoming cruise next January, which I don’t. Can’t find way to delete the reservation.

Also having issues with a brand new booking. Omg!! Does calling Crown & Anchor help?

Just leave the January cruise on there! :p It January 1-2, 2019, (1 night) and if you look at the itinerary it is Miami-Miami. It is not a real cruise, but presumably it serves some purpose for the developers.:D There is no reason to delete it.

I finally gave in and called, fearing I would be on the line for my entire lunch hour, but only for about 20 minutes. Unbelievable, it was MY FAULT according to the rep, my fault or whomever set up my account because the "T" was missing from my last name. Lady REALLY???? I have been a C&A member since 2006, NEVER has my name been misspelled until they (RCI) started screwing up the website. My Fault, I left the"T" out of my name, It's on every sign and sail card I have, I've had the same last name for 39 years, I know how to spell it. ACCOUNTABILITY, no, just blame the customer. WOW. after attempting to get into my account for a month, I was very proud of myself, I didn't get loud or act crazy, I was too cool, but I think at this point, I'm just over it.

Now to the great things, I can actually see all of my past cruises and still need to add my upcoming ones, but it's ok, I can work with that.

What do you expect they are just following the example of their leader Mr. Bayley; he blamed us ‘the customers’ for the problems with the rollout of this ‘great piece of work website’ half way through the second paragraph in his letter on Facebook and I quote ” The root cause of everyone’s frustration is a combination of many guests having created multiple accounts over the years, the elimination of being able to select amenities and preferences online for our loyal Crown & Anchor members, and mistakes we made in developing and implementing the first release of this new capability.”

I have had a username/password account for years and had to change (create) an email address/password account before I could log in (regardless of what their login page says). There will be several questions to answer including wanting you to input your C&A number so have it handy. Once I did that my cruises both future and past showed up along with my correct loyalty status and number of points. It also imported my Celebrity Captains Club number into the profile. Kind of ironic though, with Mr. Bayley blaming the customers for causing the problems because we had multiple accounts; then having to create another account to be able to log in.

After looking at the new profile pages I though I was having a flashback to a very early 2000's website. Oh well it is Royal Caribbean after all.

If there's one thing I have learned on RCCL, the frequent cruisers HATE change. They want everything to be the same as it was 25 years ago.

That's not to say that RCCL doesn't deserve to get put on blast for this redesign. It smacks of a web designer saying "oh, nobody needs that link, so I'm going to make this page simpler and prettier." They even probably looked at metrics that said that people didn't click on XYZ as much as they clicked on ABC so nobody's going to miss it if it's gone. But the metrics don't tell you that while you don't go to XYZ as often, when you need it, you really need it.

So now that they've stopped the bleeding, we have the most essential things readily available. There's a link to the stateroom info and EDOCS, a link to the cruise planner that works, and a link to checkin.

What's missing that I miss is the details about the cruise - what days we're in port and the arrival and departure times. Granted, if I'm booking excursions through Cruise Planner, I don't need to know that information. Maybe that's why they're leaving it out. But it's kind of a pain to have to go through my email to find the booking documents to get that when I used to be able to log in and see it. A link to cruise details would be nice.

Apart from that detail, they have the most important stuff covered. I kind of like the new layout. But they totally screwed up the path to getting here.

You can still get the details of the cruise by going to Cruise Planner, selecting My Calendar and then Full Calendar. Not as easy or as nice a layout but has the information.

I had to change all the accounts (DW, mom, and myself) to the email/new password configuration before it would let me in.

Put in your old username and then click forgot password. Then follow the steps.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I had to change all the accounts (DW, mom, and myself) to the email/new password configuration before it would let me in.

Put in your old username and then click forgot password. Then follow the steps.

So there's no way to keep using the old username?

You can go to yahoo and get an account with your old username@yahoo.com and use that.

Royal, and their affiliates, want something they can use to send you junk mail.

Has anyone had success using something besides an email address?

After looking at the new profile pages I though I was having a flashback to a very early 2000's website. Oh well it is Royal Caribbean after all.

Perhaps I'll try installing and old version of MOSAIC to log in. It might be compatible with that.;p

yahoo.png

dp

Royal, and their affiliates, want something they can use to send you junk mail.

I'm not convinced it is just RCI and affiliates. As I posted earlier, I have never had so much stuff show up in my spam folder as I have since updating my RCI account. Maybe it is just a fluke.

I'm not convinced it is just RCI and affiliates. As I posted earlier, I have never had so much stuff show up in my spam folder as I have since updating my RCI account. Maybe it is just a fluke.

Interesting, same thing has happened to me. I had not connected the two, but that does possibly explain the increase in junk and spam.:(

After trying to get in for several days I gave up and used the "forgot password" link to switch my user name to an email address. After entering my C&A number during the setup, all my information, including Celebrity and Azamara accounts, populated perfectly. So now I have a new username but the same old pw.

After trying to get in for several days I gave up and used the "forgot password" link to switch my user name to an email address. After entering my C&A number during the setup, all my information, including Celebrity and Azamara accounts, populated perfectly. So now I have a new username but the same old pw.

Thanks Mindy. I guess you made your flight OK on Saturday?

My DH account is good and I think we just changed his password. BUT when I try to get in on my account it won't because DH and I have the same email address so I get stopped before I can go any further than the sign in screen. Do I need to open a new email account in order to see my account on Royal? I'm not opening a new email account just for Royal. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what did you do to work around it?

Yep finally got the new interface to work. Had to "Forgot your password" then request a change on email, then could log in finally!!! Then only the next cruise showed up...had to enter all the booking #s and then they were shown.

My DH account is good and I think we just changed his password. BUT when I try to get in on my account it won't because DH and I have the same email address so I get stopped before I can go any further than the sign in screen. Do I need to open a new email account in order to see my account on Royal? I'm not opening a new email account just for Royal. Has anyone else had this issue? If so what did you do to work around it?

From what I've read, my guess would be that you need your own email address.

Depending on your email provider, you may be able to add a second email address to the same mailbox. That would keep things mostly the same for you, except you would use that second email address for Royal, but you could log in to the mailbox the same way you have been logging in.

Every time I log in, something has been tweaked on the site. Our four upcoming cruises are now listed, but the past cruises are wrong.

They are missing one of mine, but they gave my wife an extra one, so I guess the total, divided by 2, would work out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had not thought about the SPAM aspect. Since about the time this glorified fiasco started I have been receiving an email a day from an address that looks like it came from Celebrity with approximately 30 fully visible http:// links in it (not a buttons or pictures that point to a link) to click on. I was deleting them at first but after a week have I left them unread on my computer until could I talk to my Celebrity Vacation Planner about them. I left him a v-mail on the 19th and still no call back. I guess Celebrity vacation planners are like the ones at RCI, talk to you once and you can never get ahold of them again; them someone else sends you an email welcoming you to RCI and telling you, they are your vacation planner. I have flatly refused to work with RCI planners for several years now and tell them in no uncertain words why, when a new one contacts me. Four different planners in less than four years were enough for me.

Anyway, when I finally was able to access my RCI account information on the 20th, I noticed that my Celebrity Captains Club number was listed in it for both the Celebrity and Azamara Club; and the box for Celebrity in contact via email was checked. My preferred contact method on the Celebrity website is mail not email. I mentioned both the box being checked and a number being listed under La Club Voyages since I do not have a loyalty club number with or want one for Azamara Club curses. I have looked at their cruises once or twice and in my case, sailing solo, I didn’t see anything that was worth the price to me.

Fortunately the other SPAM I receive hasn’t gone up much except for the Celebrity emails I have been getting; and hopefully they will stop soon now that I have unchecked that box. That may be because I have a fairly extensive blocked senders list on my inbound email already. If it doesn’t, I can always add that specific address to my blocked senders list.