Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises Merging Accounts Into One

Just for grins I went to the Celebrity website to see if I could login. I last cruised Celebrity about 11 years ago and have not logged in since about then. I was able to login but imagine my surprise when I went to look at my profile to update my address (I moved since I last cruised Celebrity) to see that they had updated my address to the new town I live in but had my son's address in the same town as my address! Clearly they must use some sort of tracking to find new addresses but somehow got my son's and not mine. I have lived at my new address for 11 years and he has only been at his, the one Celebrity has as mine, for about 4 years. Weird.

Yes the look is different, and there will always be the "it's different" point, but it's working - maybe I'm just lucky :D

If there's one thing I have learned on RCCL, the frequent cruisers HATE change. They want everything to be the same as it was 25 years ago.

That's not to say that RCCL doesn't deserve to get put on blast for this redesign. It smacks of a web designer saying "oh, nobody needs that link, so I'm going to make this page simpler and prettier." They even probably looked at metrics that said that people didn't click on XYZ as much as they clicked on ABC so nobody's going to miss it if it's gone. But the metrics don't tell you that while you don't go to XYZ as often, when you need it, you really need it.

So now that they've stopped the bleeding, we have the most essential things readily available. There's a link to the stateroom info and EDOCS, a link to the cruise planner that works, and a link to checkin.

What's missing that I miss is the details about the cruise - what days we're in port and the arrival and departure times. Granted, if I'm booking excursions through Cruise Planner, I don't need to know that information. Maybe that's why they're leaving it out. But it's kind of a pain to have to go through my email to find the booking documents to get that when I used to be able to log in and see it. A link to cruise details would be nice.

Apart from that detail, they have the most important stuff covered. I kind of like the new layout. But they totally screwed up the path to getting here.

If there's one thing I have learned on RCCL, the frequent cruisers HATE change. They want everything to be the same as it was 25 years ago.

That's not to say that RCCL doesn't deserve to get put on blast for this redesign. It smacks of a web designer saying "oh, nobody needs that link, so I'm going to make this page simpler and prettier." They even probably looked at metrics that said that people didn't click on XYZ as much as they clicked on ABC so nobody's going to miss it if it's gone. But the metrics don't tell you that while you don't go to XYZ as often, when you need it, you really need it.

So now that they've stopped the bleeding, we have the most essential things readily available. There's a link to the stateroom info and EDOCS, a link to the cruise planner that works, and a link to checkin.

What's missing that I miss is the details about the cruise - what days we're in port and the arrival and departure times. Granted, if I'm booking excursions through Cruise Planner, I don't need to know that information. Maybe that's why they're leaving it out. But it's kind of a pain to have to go through my email to find the booking documents to get that when I used to be able to log in and see it. A link to cruise details would be nice.

Apart from that detail, they have the most important stuff covered. I kind of like the new layout. But they totally screwed up the path to getting here.

Don't mind the change.....but do not take away my ability to do things I use to be able to do online. Don't release a website that is not ready to go primetime.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

So my points are there, however I can't click on my reservation. So I can physically login, I see my points, I see my Ship, my next cruise, and the reservation #. However I can't get into the reservation. This to me is very frustrating. Also my upcoming cruise in September shows 3 people on my Stateroom details when in reality only 2 of us are going? Is there a work around for this?

Don't mind the change.....but do not take away my ability to do things I use to be able to do online. Don't release a website that is not ready to go primetime.

There are still parts of this new design which do not work (for me.)

Crown and Anchor selections of what to have delivered to stateroom (or dining room). Had to call C and A yesterday.

The names of the ships - on one reservation I changed ships, kept same original reservation number, and the list still shows the name of the original ship.

On line check in for a May cruise. (I am happy I had all my on line and docs printed out for April before they screwed around with the website.) I still have time to get May fixed.

sigh.

There are still parts of this new design which do not work (for me.)

Crown and Anchor selections of what to have delivered to stateroom (or dining room). Had to call C and A yesterday.

The names of the ships - on one reservation I changed ships, kept same original reservation number, and the list still shows the name of the original ship.

On line check in for a May cruise. (I am happy I had all my on line and docs printed out for April before they screwed around with the website.) I still have time to get May fixed.

sigh.

I also have one that shows the original ship when i made a change and kept the original reservation number. Not til next year.....soo not too worried.

So was I

Royal told me to log in go to settings write my C&A # down cause I will need to re-enter it.

Change my birthday by 1 year and save.

Go to Dashboard and make sure C&A# disappears.

Go back to settings correct the birth year then Log Out.

Wait 1 minute the Log in.

Then re-enter C&A # if not there. save again.

Log off, wait 1 minute then log on again.

After that my points were corrected.

Question before I try this method - when you go back to settings to correct the birth year, I assume you SAVE this before logging out?:confused: Thanks!

So was I

Royal told me to log in go to settings write my C&A # down cause I will need to re-enter it.

This work around actually worked.

Are we paid to work for Royal now?

I hope you've learned more than that.:confused:

So was I

I attempted several times, didn't work for me.

I attempted several times, didn't work for me.

I finally gave in and called, fearing I would be on the line for my entire lunch hour, but only for about 20 minutes. Unbelievable, it was MY FAULT according to the rep, my fault or whomever set up my account because the "T" was missing from my last name. Lady REALLY???? I have been a C&A member since 2006, NEVER has my name been misspelled until they (RCI) started screwing up the website. My Fault, I left the"T" out of my name, It's on every sign and sail card I have, I've had the same last name for 39 years, I know how to spell it. ACCOUNTABILITY, no, just blame the customer. WOW. after attempting to get into my account for a month, I was very proud of myself, I didn't get loud or act crazy, I was too cool, but I think at this point, I'm just over it.

Now to the great things, I can actually see all of my past cruises and still need to add my upcoming ones, but it's ok, I can work with that.

Just tried to log into my account. Brought to some weird pages where i had to enter in some basic info, and then when i reset pw and came up with a security question. Then when i logged in, i had no cruise history and no C&A number. I finally got that to recognize my C&A number, but my cruise history is all messed up, AND my future cruises are not recognized. Even when i put in the reservation numbers. What kind of shenanigans has anyone else experienced?

thanks!

i can see there is a link to my cruise docs now (49 days out) but it still will not accept my c&a number. is anyone else having this problem? i am so frustrated. i continue to hope this is not a reflection of the service i will receive onboard.

My exact problem. Every time I put in my c&a number it says wait 24 hours then says it's invalid.

I can finally now see my 2 upcoming cruises, but no past cruises.

What a cluster%@#$.

Oh my gosh, this is awful!

It is showing I have an upcoming cruise next January, which I don’t. Can’t find way to delete the reservation.

Also having issues with a brand new booking. Omg!! Does calling Crown & Anchor help?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh my gosh, this is awful!

It is showing I have an upcoming cruise next January, which I don’t. Can’t find way to delete the reservation.

Also having issues with a brand new booking. Omg!! Does calling Crown & Anchor help?

Calling C&A may not help fix the website issues, but they can help with servicing your bookings.