Are Elite Perks Generous Enough?

need2cruisesoon

I think suites should get priority shore to ship boarding. They have had more perks disappear than elites have had.

interesting point... it come down to those who pay the more on that cruise... or those who a payed the most to princess over the years

One thing is with the suite perk they know the numbers are always constant..

unlike elite numbers to change cruise to cruise and it high makes it difficult to offer the perks ..

would like priority shore to ship thou..

Cheers Don

That's easy to solve. Just become Elite. :D

Actually it could/should be limited to just an upper class of Elite. Maybe people with over 500 days. That certainly wouldn't cause a big stir.

I would expect that any new or enhanced perks would only apply to those in aa new "super elite" category. The cutoff for it should be 750 or better yet 1000. Also the perks should only apply to the individuals in this new category.

I am also happy with what we get.

We don't take advantage of the 4 things OP mentions. However, the free laundry, internet minutes, priority boarding, priority tendering, mini-bar setup and the Loyalty OBC come in handy for us.

I would think (and hope) that if Princess decides to add any perks they will be for a new super elite category requiring 500 or even 1000 days. Full disclosure, we have nearly 750.

Of course this would be good for you, but what if you just reached a level? Also what about the people who stay in suites and pay more than an inside?

Count us among those who love the current Elite benefits. We definitely use laundry, internet, afternoon tea, shop discount, and the Elite mini-bar (changing some items per our preferences). We would certainly like to see chocolate covered strawberries returned to the canapés selection. Priority boarding is also nice, but not always available.

What I would like to see on a higher tier is priority immediate seating in the Anytime Main Dining Rooms. With dietary issues with sugar levels, we often can't wait the 15-30 minutes waiting for a pager and will often revert to the buffet to get food sooner.

FYI, bring a note from your doctor...it will be handled and see the Maitre d but there will be others who will abuse this which will be sad for you. We used to see people get up in Horizon out of their wheelchairs and we would ask the crew what is going on and they would say it is a miraculous healing!

I am also happy with what we get.

We don't take advantage of the 4 things OP mentions. However, the free laundry, internet minutes, priority boarding, priority tendering, mini-bar setup and the Loyalty OBC come in handy for us.

I would think (and hope) that if Princess decides to add any perks they will be for a new super elite category requiring 500 or even 1000 days. Full disclosure, we have nearly 750.

Same here.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

As Princess Elite and Royal Caribbean, Pinnacle we think the benefits are generous from both lines. What we like best about Princess' is the generous laundry option; on Royal C. we find the unlimited internet is a definite loyalty grabber. We do prefer

Royal's unlimited 4 hour cocktail party better than Princess mini bar as we prefer to not drink in the cabin. So, in summary, the one benefit we wish Princess offered that it does not now is the unlimited internet-it would be no cost to them; and there are ways they can set it up so that only the Elite guest is the one to use the freebee.

I'm Ruby now but reading all the included's for Elite yet somehow not "wowed" by the perks.

My advice, get rid of the following:

- afternoon tea

- shoeshine

- canapes

- wine tasting

I mean do you really use these or get excited about shoe shine?

And replace with a complimentary (alcohol or non) beverage package or free excursions.

Now you've got something!

There's "free" laundry which we do not use. The mini bar is nice, but I exchange most of the canned items for diet Sprite, DH saves the hard liquor mini bottles for himself and on the last cruise day I give the bottles of beer away on the Lido deck. The embarkation and debarkation perk is nice. We give the wine tasting away, we never receive canapes and if we did we wouldn't eat them. The free internet minutes is a big plus!!! I keep waiting for the ball to drop on which perk they decide to take away. The Captains party is somewhat of a joke. A free drink and a jar of peanuts. After spending $300,000+ cruising with Princess they took away the hors' douvers at the Captains party. IMHO cheesy.

I am very happy with the current elite perks, don't use all, i.e., wine tasting, laundry, afternoon tea, canapes and shoe shines are not ones I generally use but probably don't cost Princess much to do. I like the internet minutes, on board credits, early boarding, complimentary acohol set up..

There's "free" laundry which we do not use. The mini bar is nice, but I exchange most of the canned items for diet Sprite, DH saves the hard liquor mini bottles for himself and on the last cruise day I give the bottles of beer away on the Lido deck. The embarkation and debarkation perk is nice. We give the wine tasting away, we never receive canapes and if we did we wouldn't eat them. The free internet minutes is a big plus!!! I keep waiting for the ball to drop on which perk they decide to take away. The Captains party is somewhat of a joke. A free drink and a jar of peanuts. After spending $300,000+ cruising with Princess they took away the hors' douvers at the Captains party. IMHO cheesy.

In the last couple of years, Wine tasting can't be given away easily anymore they really want that $9.50 if they can get it...LOL

I think suites should get priority shore to ship boarding. They have had more perks disappear than elites have had.

The only perk that I can think of is unlimited internet(which P&E lost too)...it seems with club class flowers are coming back....so what else disappeared...maybe I have forgotten?

Some people really do use and appreciate those perks. I’m fine with the current Elite perks. Would I like more? Sure! Not only do I get the perks but I get the Loyalty OBC as well. That extra $100 on every cruise regardless of length is nice.

I exchange the mini-bar set-up for either two coffee cards or all diet sodas so I can live without a beverage package. I rarely drink alcohol so the all-inclusive would be a useless perk. I’d rather have the OBC.

If Princess adds another Captain’s Circle level above Elite, it’ll be something that doesn’t cost them a lot of $. I’d love dinner in a specialty restaurant as an added perk, for instance, but when you’re sailing with close to 1,000 Elite on a cruise, that would be impossible to implement.

Hi Pam. What is the Loyalty OBC? $100 for every cruise appeals to me too.😊. Regards, Eileen

The mini bar is nice, but I exchange most of the canned items for diet Sprite, DH saves the hard liquor mini bottles for himself and on the last cruise day I give the bottles of beer away on the Lido deck. You can also trade the beer for diet Sprite. Ditto the water bottles and the mini liquor bottles.

I keep waiting for the ball to drop on which perk they decide to take away. The Captains party is somewhat of a joke. A free drink and a jar of peanuts.

On our most recent Princess cruise they also took away the peanuts/snack bottle.

Hi Pam. What is the Loyalty OBC? $100 for every cruise appeals to me too.😊. Regards' date=' Eileen[/quote']

Not Pam, but the basic answer is after 21 cruise credits (which for most people is 21 cruises) you get a loyalty OBC of $25. It works its way up to $100 by your 52nd cruise.

Shore to Ship would be nice but it COULD be done discretely. When pax turn up to the first card check they could be directed either right or left to form their own queues. That way there would be no cutting in line and no obvious discrimination.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would expect that any new or enhanced perks would only apply to those in aa new "super elite" category. The cutoff for it should be 750 or better yet 1000. Also the perks should only apply to the individuals in this new category.

I could live with any number they came chose....at least it would be a target to shoot for.

Of course this would be good for you, but what if you just reached a level? Also what about the people who stay in suites and pay more than an inside?

Simple- Let the people in suites build up more days at sea just like others did. This would be a true super category perk only applied to those that reached the level by sailing, not by buying into the category.

Shore to Ship would be nice but it COULD be done discretely. When pax turn up to the first card check they could be directed either right or left to form their own queues. That way there would be no cutting in line and no obvious discrimination.

No need for any seperate line.

How many people at any time could possible qualify?

Possible a few at most?:confused:

Princess doesn't seem to have any problem using a separate line at the PSD and that applies to all Elites & suites. I've never felt others to be upset when using it.

I agree totally easy to do. I have done a lot of tender ports recently whenever a line up there are always 2 lines filling 2 tenders. Also people nowadays are used to others getting priority in front of them for one reason or another ...no big deal. On the ship there is a priority line at GR, Priority boarding at the terminal..most guests understand.

We also don't know what the cutoff would be. While there are often 1000 or more elites, raising the cutoff line would greatly reduce the eligible passengers. The cutoff for the Most Traveled Passenger events is often in the 400s or higher. The 40 highest total sea days are invited. So making the cutoff at 500 would usually limit this perk to 50 to 100 passengers.

You are referring to the Loyalty Credit which is explained above. Starting when you have 21 cruise credits, you get OBC every cruise. If you have:

21 to 31 cruise credits you get $25

32 to 41 = $50

42 to 51 = $75

53 or more = $100.

We have never had to request it..

One per cabin

We really like the Mini-bar, free laundry and the free 250 minutes per person on internet. We always attend the free Grapevine wine tasting because we like wine! We receive the $25 per person Loyalty OBC which is also a nice little perk.

My complaints have to do with the Mini-bar. First of all, Princess gives us just 1 mini-bar despite fact that both of us are Elite. It is my understanding that they give same mini-bar for 2 elites in a cabin as they provide for just 1 elite in a cabin. For example, when we brought 2 grandchildren with us on a cruise, and booked 2 cabins, each with a grandparent & a grandchild in it. And we got 2 full mini-bars for that trip. My second complaint about the mini-bar is that we get only 1 mini-bar despite the length of the cruise, be it a 5 day, 7 day, a 14 day or longer cruise. Give more bottles for a 10 day or a 14 day cruise, etc, OR replenish it at a certain point during the longer cruise. (Especially since we are forebidden to carry-on any liquor to use in our cabin!)

Finally allow us to purchase any mixed drink at the special price during the daily Elite cocktail hour, not just that odd assortment of drinks that are presently allowed.

You are referring to the Loyalty Credit which is explained above. Starting when you have 21 cruise credits, you get OBC every cruise. If you have:

21 to 31 cruise credits you get $25

32 to 41 = $50

42 to 51 = $75

53 or more = $100.

We have never had to request it..

One per cabin

So what happens if you have 52?

And if you are sharing a cabin but unrelated don't you both get it if you qualify with the number of cruises?