Havensight or Crown Bay?

All RCI ships now (and have for some time) dock at Crown Bay. An agreement signed a year ago or more states that this policy will continue for all RCI ships fleetwide for the next 10 years.

I for one am very sad about this and will continue to miss docking at Havensight.

All RCI ships now (and have for some time) dock at Crown Bay. An agreement signed a year ago or more states that this policy will continue for all RCI ships fleetwide for the next 10 years.

I for one am very sad about this and will continue to miss docking at Havensight.

We also missed Havensight last week on Adventure. No where near the same number of vendors at Crown Bay, plus a longer walk to downtown.

Was always a nice after a long day to come back to the ship on your balcony and watch and listen to the last cruisers stagger on back to the ship. Will miss that next time we are in St. Thomas

https://www.senorfrogs.com/stthomas

Jimbo:)

I never realized there was a Senor Frogs at Havensight. LOL I wish I had experienced the last minute pier runners there.

There are still plenty of pier runners at Crown Bay. They just come from the place with the donkey in the front. I haven't ever actually been in that place but I see it every time we dock at Crown Bay.

I never realized there was a Senor Frogs at Havensight. LOL I wish I had experienced the last minute pier runners there.

There are still plenty of pier runners at Crown Bay. They just come from the place with the donkey in the front. I haven't ever actually been in that place but I see it every time we dock at Crown Bay.

All the way at the end.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir//senor+frogs,+st.+thomas+bvi/@18.331795,-64.9243269,296m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

Walkable?

It's a bit of a pain because the way the roads are laid out. It's a very short cab ride. Check Google maps from the Cruise Dock to Emerald Beach Resort. It can be walked if in the mood. We walked nearly the same distance one time when we flew in. We were walking from the airport to the One Dollar Cab pickup area on the highway. Personally, I would jump in a cab, even though catching a cab at the pier is a madhouse.

It's a bit of a pain because the way the roads are laid out. It's a very short cab ride. Check Google maps from the Cruise Dock to Emerald Beach Resort. It can be walked if in the mood. We walked nearly the same distance one time when we flew in. We were walking from the airport to the One Dollar Cab pickup area on the highway. Personally, I would jump in a cab, even though catching a cab at the pier is a madhouse.

Thanks.

I thought it was a 5 year contract and was signed about 2016. Anyone have clear information regarding the Crown Bay contract? I know Celebrity ships dock there now also.

http://viconsortium.com/business/vi-...yal-caribbean/

Hope this link works to confirm my post #5.

It states the agreement between Port Authority and RCCL was finalized on Dec 11, 2015. The contract commences on Oct 1, 2016 and is for a term of 10 years with a 5 year option to renew.

Havensight can't accommodate the larger ships, so now all RCI ships go to Crown Bay.

Havensight can accommodate the larger ships just fine. That's not the reason. As written previously, it's a requirement of the contract between Royal Caribbean and the U.S.V.I.

Havensight can accommodate the larger ships just fine. That's not the reason. As written previously, it's a requirement of the contract between Royal Caribbean and the U.S.V.I.

Quite possibly but I have never been on any Oasis Class ship that has docked at Havensight. That would go back to July 2011, well prior to this agreement.

It’s not to say it can’t happen but even the episode of Mighty Ships, with Oasis’s maiden voyage, she docked at Crown Bay.

Edit to Add: all years we sailed on Princess in the past prior to 2011 we only docked at Crown Bay. That has changed and the stores have doubled quantity since then.

We docked at Havensight on my Anthem 1/28/18 cruise. When did it change?

There can absolutely be extenuating circumstances (confirmed by Port Authority) that would allow RCI to dock at Havensight.

The Oasis class can "only" dock at Crown Bay due to the depth....it used to be a submarine dock.

There can absolutely be extenuating circumstances (confirmed by Port Authority) that would allow RCI to dock at Havensight.

The Oasis class can "only" dock at Crown Bay due to the depth....it used to be a submarine dock.

I docked there on 2 other Anthem cruises too.