Captains Club Question

Eric & Cortnie

We are currently 18 points away from Elite Status, we are doing a 10 day cruise next month in a Celebrity Suite. Do we immediately receive Elite benefits or do we have to wait for our next cruise to get the benefits from the higher tier?

We are currently 18 points away from Elite Status, we are doing a 10 day cruise next month in a Celebrity Suite. Do we immediately receive Elite benefits or do we have to wait for our next cruise to get the benefits from the higher tier?

Even though you will have to wait until you've completed your sailing to jump up to the next tier, the suite benefits are good enough that you may not miss the elite benefits. Enjoy your sailing.

Thats true but I was interested in laundry as we will be in Dublin for a few days before we board. The suites benefits are great but I don't see anything about laundry.

You are correct - there are no laundry benefits that come with the CS. You won't miss much as Elite gets one Bag of free laundry (wash and fold) 2 items pressing and 1 item dry cleaning.

You are correct - there are no laundry benefits that come with the CS. You won't miss much as Elite gets one Bag of free laundry (wash and fold) 2 items pressing and 1 item dry cleaning.

that's "each elite gets"...not per cabin.

Each person in the cabin gets 30 items for wash and fold,( not a bag), which translates to 60 items...that's a lot of laundry.

Thats true but I was interested in laundry as we will be in Dublin for a few days before we board. The suites benefits are great but I don't see anything about laundry.

Politely ask either the suite manager or the Michael's Club concierge if you could receive some free laundry. We were in MC last year on embarkation day, when it was very full, and someone (who turned out to be our next door neighbor) asked about laundry. That cruise was their first on Celebrity. The MC concierge gave them some laundry coupons. And while I doubt it makes much difference, both our neighbors and we were in Celebrity Suites.

Each person in the cabin gets 30 items for wash and fold,( not a bag), which translates to 60 items...that's a lot of laundry.

There are actually VERY few items that I would trust sending. Socks or Tshirts and sturdy men’s underwear maybe. Don’t send anything of any value or slight fabrics as it will be destroyed.

There are actually VERY few items that I would trust sending. Socks or Tshirts and sturdy men’s underwear maybe. Don’t send anything of any value or slight fabrics as it will be destroyed.

Have you had clothes destroyed? We're on a 15 night cruise next month and we were planning on getting some laundry done, so this worries me now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have you had clothes destroyed? We're on a 15 night cruise next month and we were planning on getting some laundry done, so this worries me now.

omg, yes. The “free” bag of laundry is washed in hot water and dried to within an inch of it’s life. The items come back “crunchy” and unwearably wrinkled, hence only sending items previously suggested.

The REGULARLY priced laundry MAY be handled somewhat more gently but I really don’t chance it anymore. A few years ago I sent a very expensive dress to be dry cleaned and it came back with black grease marks all down it. The dress was nicely wrapped upon return and I wasn’t going to take it out but for some reason I did and I saw the mess. There was NO WAY that they didn’t see the marks when they wrapped it. I’m sure they were wanting to get away with it. The dress was destroyed and they only gave me a fraction of the replacement cost.

If you go next month, you probably don't have time to do what we did. We had a 14 day coming up, so we took a quick 4 day to get out Elite status for the longer cruise. We are now Elite plus, but too old to last till Zenith. :)

Sorry to hear that. We have been on 20+ Celebrity cruises and never had any clothes damaged in any way from the laundry. I would never put delicate items in the bag. At the bottom of the laundry list I always write, "please wash at 30 degrees or less". So far it seems to work.

Hapicruisin

If you go next month, you probably don't have time to do what we did. We had a 14 day coming up, so we took a quick 4 day to get out Elite status for the longer cruise. We are now Elite plus, but too old to last till Zenith. :)

Taking even a 4-day cruise to get more free laundry or any other added perk is an expensive way to do it! Much cheaper to pay for a bag or two of laundry! LOL! Of course unless you wanted to cruise anyway.....

We never had any trouble sending things out on Eclipse. Others may have horror stories but we have been very pleased with the free laundry service

That's good to hear. We were just planning on getting our work out type clothes washed, so sounds like chances are we'll be fine.

Taking even a 4-day cruise to get more free laundry or any other added perk is an expensive way to do it! Much cheaper to pay for a bag or two of laundry! LOL! Of course unless you wanted to cruise anyway.....

Didn't do it for laundry, back in the day there were more perks offered.

That's good to hear. We were just planning on getting our work out type clothes washed, so sounds like chances are we'll be fine.

I send clothes out on every cruise and I have never had any problems.

I agree with you. I don’t send anything of too much value for laundry. Shorts, everyday shirts, tee shirts etc is about the limit. A friend of mine sent out an expensive pair of trousers in the dry clean only section. They came back washed and pressed. Looking like kids trousers!

Just be aware that if you get your free laundry and unless you ask it will always come back dry folded, not pressed.

Phil

Hi Eric & Cortnie. We met on the British Isle cruise. Y'all were on my Normandy tour. ;)

Since you are staying for several nights in Dublin, have you thought of renting an apartment instead of staying in a hotel?

We will be sailing on the cruise before yours. Other than a one night pre and one night post cruise stay in a Dublin hotel, we are staying in Edinburgh for 4 nights. Flying into DUB and then back out the same day to EDI . We have rented an apartment (something we do often in Europe) in Edinburgh. Other than touring Edinburgh, we will also take two day trips by train. One day in St. Andrews, and one to Abbotsford – Sir Walter Scotts Home. We return back to Dublin around 13:00 hours the day before the cruise. Because our apartment has a washer and dryer, we arrive with fresh laundry! :D

We will be on the EQUINOX May 14 for a 10 night cruise & my question is when do you get the free laundry, what day of the cruise or can you use your free laundry any time? By the way we are E+ so I know we get the laundry perk but we never used it so far.

george35

You can use it anytime up until 2-3 days before the cruise ends. Usually, the laundry is back the next day.

We've used the coupons several times when on a longer cruise. My husband, mostly. He doesn't mind that the laundry smells dirty (my opinion) when it comes back. We don't send anything nice out. Mostly touring clothes, socks, underwear (him) and his t-shirts, shorts and golf shirts.