Help lost passport

victory2020

THANK YOU ALL, WE MADE IT! It was a series of events that made me take off secure pouch across my body & under my coat. I was being polite to my seatmate to wait to put it back on so I wouldn't elbow him. Then since I have NEVER taken it off before I totally forgot it was on the seat. I realized it within a half hour of deplaning but apparently that was too late.I had copies of passports as I've always been an exceptionally prepared traveler up till now!

I was able to be at passport office at 7:40am & an angel at the agency took me under her wing. I has passports by 11am. On ship by noon. At 2:30 I got text from American telling me they found my pouch. Picked it up today & everything was intact.

Everyone please take copies of passports & carry 2 credit cards in separate places. These two things probably made it all possible.

Sorry it took me so long to reply but 1st day was crazy, then no phone/internet access for 3 days.

Edited by victory2020
addition

THANK YOU ALL, WE MADE IT! It was a series of events that made me take off secure pouch across my body & under my coat. I was being polite to my seatmate to wait to put it back on so I wouldn't elbow him. Then since I have NEVER taken it off before I totally forgot it was on the seat. I realized it within a half hour of deplaning but apparently that was too late.I had copies of passports as I've always been an exceptionally prepared traveler up till now!

I was able to be at passport office at 7:40am & an angel at the agency took me under her wing. I has passports by 11am. On ship by noon. At 2:30 I got text from American telling me they found my pouch. Picked it up today & everything was intact.

Everyone please take copies of passports & carry 2 credit cards in separate places. These two things probably made it all possible.

Sorry it took me so long to reply but 1st day was crazy, then no phone/internet access for 3 days.

happy to read it worked out!! I always do the bolded part

So glad it worked out for your!!!! Thanks for coming back with the happy ending!

Why does this sound so fishy? Who would leave passports on a plane? Everyone I know keeps a close eye on them. Not buying this and it sounds like they are looking for info on how to get passports .Hmmmmmm.

I really don't know what to say in reply to this. It is amazing what theories some people can come up with. It doesn't sound fishy at all.

Of course people leave passports on planes.

I really don't know what to say in reply to this. It is amazing what theories some people can come up with. It doesn't sound fishy at all.

Of course people leave passports on planes.

Yes, of course!

Not every time, but some times we had to show our passports with our boarding passes when boarding the plane at the gate. I have the habit of putting the passports back into my bag immediately after, but I guess some people aren't used to it and forget - especially when they are carrying so many pieces of carry ons :rolleyes:.

P.S. Soooo glad for the OP to be able to obtain new passports and make the Cuba cruise!

Edited by bluesea777

So happy you had angels & made it! My husband once lost his DL at the airport on his wAy TO Las Vegas with the guys. Believe it or not there is an agency that (for a hefty fee!!) will fed ex a new DL to any location the next day. Who knew? I do now! I felt your pain reading the situation and so glad it worked out for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passport officers deal with these types of emergencies everyday. Thank goodness they have the ability to help citizens resolve their issues quickly. I was a travel consultant for over 30 years. I can't tell you how many times we needed to call to set up emergency appointments. One way to insure that you get an early appointment is to call your senator or house representative to set up an expedited appointment for VIP handling.

Why does this sound so fishy? Who would leave passports on a plane? Everyone I know keeps a close eye on them. Not buying this and it sounds like they are looking for info on how to get passports .Hmmmmmm.

Getting board? (pun intended)

They even pack them in checked luggage and drop them off at the porters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Note to self, never have passports out on a plane...

Seriously, good luck...

Until recently when flying from U.K. you need to take your passports out on the plane to fill in landing cards (or whatever the blue cards are called to declare if you have livestock etc)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

They even pack them in checked luggage and drop them off at the porters.

I've read such a posting here on CC, elderly couple, NCL said they would retrieve the luggage so they can get Passports and board.....never did and the elderly couple missed thier cruise:(

Yeah you are right. The OP has clearly posted thousands of times on CC in the past and made up lots of detailed questions about a fake upcoming cruise because he plays a long game to try to get “ info on how to get passports”( whatever that means). I don’t know how anyone else didn’t pick up on his scam. :rolleyes:

Yeah you are right. The OP has clearly posted thousands of times on CC in the past and made up lots of detailed questions about a fake upcoming cruise because he plays a long game to try to get “ info on how to get passports”( whatever that means). I don’t know how anyone else didn’t pick up on his scam. :rolleyes:

LOL.

Well, it sounds a lot easier than googling “how to get passports”. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk