Headliner Changes?

I am amazed by the large number of people who have told me that they <3 Ronn Lucas. :eek:

I enjoyed him the first time, after that not so much. Went to see him twice a couple of years apart and the show was exactly the same. Now I don't even bother.

We have only had one duplicate that I realized. He was an old time 50's or 60's Catskill type comedian. He wasn't really funny. But at the end of the show he did some patriotic stuff and was assured significant applause. On the second cruise we didn't bother.

We have had Ronn Lucas on Oasis, Brilliance and Mariner to name a few. Think we had him on more than that but never have sailed Grandeur, so he can have that ship.

That video intro he plays that looks like it is off a VHS from the '90s killed the performance for me before it even started. Basically it was a bunch of clips of him performing for former Presidents and on late night shows, as if it was a way to "validate" his fame. Felt very pompous.

We've never seen him. Is he the Drew Thomas of Grandeur?

No, as others said, he has been on lots of different ships.

The only ventriloquist I can abide (and I LOVE HIM) is Jeff Dunham. I have no knowledge of him ever being a cruise ship entertainer, but I know someone who says she remembers seeing him on one a long time ago.

Jeff Tracta (Celebrity Impressionist) seems to follow us ship to ship. First saw him on Oasis, then Allure (1 year later), then this past November on Freedom. For a long time, we thought he was Royal Caribbean's only "Headliner"!!:D:D:D:D

Seems like the same headliners just move from ship to ship with few new performers We've had so many repeats of the same headliner on a different ship. Example- saw Kenny James on Majesty in January, then saw him again on Brilliance in April. Don't get me started with El Goucho.

Would love to see new headliners. Years ago, the headliners were well known performers.

M

me too, going back a few years but we had the best transatlantic on Jewel, sngervfrommBritains got talent, jersey boys, Motown, marty somebody,v funny and crew came out on deck and performed to Mama Mia

That video intro he plays that looks like it is off a VHS from the '90s killed the performance for me before it even started. Basically it was a bunch of clips of him performing for former Presidents and on late night shows, as if it was a way to "validate" his fame. Felt very pompous.

Quite a few performers do this. I find it very off-putting, too.

I think he's been on a half-dozen of our cruises, including the first. :eek:

Probably 4-5 times I saw him myself, most resent was 2016, first was in 1996... One of many repeats over the years. Problem I deal with is doing B2B every cruise is same entertainers on both as they get on end on my first cruise perform then and start of next cruise...

Just talked to Jim David (comedian) on the Anthem last week and he said he's on Royal ships exclusively at least half of the year. I can't quite remember the exact number of weeks/cruises. His comedy was fresh and he was an extremely nice guy!

El Gaucho:eek:

I saw El Gaucho for the first, and thankfully only, time on Oasis two years ago. I forgot the name but not the performance, and I had to google to see if it was the same one I saw. Yup. :(

I forgot about El Gaucho - saw him on my first cruise in 1999!

Ron Lucas has been on too many of my cruises, too. I just checked his website - his calendar hasn't been updated since 2011. Too busy cruising I guess and doesn't pay for the WiFi on the ships;););)

There was one particular male singer who was quite good, (can't recall his name) but once is enough. He ended up on 4 or 5 of my cruises and I was very disappointed with the lack of variety.

• 3 months later...
Some acts tend to perform a lot. We've had several repeats on Oasis class. Mo5aic and Beatlemania are a couple

I saw Mo5aic on my first cruise 8 years ago, my mom was tired and missed them. I told her was the best show on the ship. I bought their CD got their autograph and still listen to them today. Tt would be amazing to see them again when I'm on the Harmony in 6 months.

I saw El Gaucho for the first, and thankfully only, time on Oasis two years ago. I forgot the name but not the performance, and I had to google to see if it was the same one I saw. Yup. :(

Never saw him in my 20 rccl cruises, better headliners in the old days , on one sovereign cruise saw Red Buttons and Al Martino, saw Captain and Tennile a couple of times.