Daily Gratuity Missing on Final Statement

Me and the DW are first time cruisers with RCI and just got off the Harmony of the Seas. Great ship and loved most everything about it. A few hiccups but nothing major.

After getting home I looked at the final statement delivered to the stateroom on the last day and noticed the daily gratuity was not included. I had booked the cruise through a TA 9 months earlier and to the best of my knowledge did not pre-pay the daily gratuity.

Am I correct that the daily gratuity should've been on the statement?

On several occasions when we made minor changes to a reservation (like reserving a shore excursion prior to sailing) the system added pre-paid gratuities along with the reservation to our invoice. If you added anything to your booking prior to sailing, they may have done the same with yours.

Maybe a glitch in their software to skip that charge?

Could be, but it's very very rare that an RC glitch results in the guest being undercharged.

My guess would be that your travel agent prepaid.

Could be, but it's very very rare that an RC glitch results in the guest being undercharged.

Sure wish they would have another glitch like the one where a few here got oceanview balcony cabins on Freedom of the Seas for like 300.00 pp several years ago :D

I got ocean view D-6 on Allure 7 night for $513 pp next year. It is an Interline Rate (airline employees), but best I’ve seen in years, especially this far out. And it’s a Refundable rate!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s possible. I bought the internet package once on board and had a cash account. Went to pay my bill the last morning and my bill was $5(tip from solarium). I inquired if my internet was charged to my roommate and they said no. I did tell them I got internet, but they just told me not to worry about it. So it does happen.

I once bought a cruise from a different line and did not realize it until I read the fine print however there was a special going on and the cruise included free gratuity, and as someone else mentioned sometimes the TA is part of a group that on some cruises includes prepaid gratuities.

Read the fine print of your original booking documents. Otherwise, just be happy.

Speaking of daily grats...I always select to prepay my grats in my booking.

What is the current total for grats for two pax in a JS cabin on a one week cruise now? The last I remember that would have been 189.00 for one week (94.50 a person).

This last booking there was an option for prepay that came in at 386.00 for two pax for one week in 2020. Was this yet another glitch in the website or have tips gone up that much? :o

Wouldn't prepaid Gratuities by TA still show up on the final bill as a credit?

No, but they should have shown up pre-cruise on Royal's Guest Copy of the booking confirmation.

Our TA often gifts our gratuities and they never even show up on our statement. Is it possible yours was paid by your TA?

That would've been a very unexpected perk! Never used that TA before and 1st sailing on RCI.

I had the same thing happen to me last week on the Allure. I booked through one of the whole sale stores and never saw anything about prepaid grats. I called the Concierge and had him take a look and he said that nobody removed them from my account so they were prepaid already. Nice little surprise.

What is the current total for grats for two pax in a JS cabin on a one week cruise now? The last I remember that would have been 189.00 for one week (94.50 a person).

:o

Total should be $203 (14.50 pp pd).

Total should be $203 (14.50 pp pd).

Thanks! I went in to prepay while I was booking direct online on the "new and improved" website.... finding Rhapsody for 2020 is listed as 386.00 grats for two in a JS cabin, 7 night cruise out of Tampa.

Whaaaaat??!! :o:eek: Naturally I opted out of prepay.

Yet another glitch brought to you by the RCI tech demons! :evilsmile::rolleyes:

I had the same thing happen to me last week on the Allure. I booked through one of the whole sale stores and never saw anything about prepaid grats. I called the Concierge and had him take a look and he said that nobody removed them from my account so they were prepaid already. Nice little surprise.

Wow, that’s always a factor in me booking with my favorite booking site. I log my perks in my cruise spreadsheet. At least it was a found $200!