Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

22 hours ago, CruisinCons said:

Interesting...I had a waiter on Harmony tell me in September 2017 that Allure would be going to China.  He said he's been on every ship that has transitioned from the US to China since RCCL first started sending them there, and he would be joining Allure when she goes.  So if that FB post is true...that may make what this waiter told us be true as well...

This is pretty interesting.. Thought that RCI had over tapped on the capacity of China's market at the moment and now they are increasing capacity from Quantum to Allure? That's like + 2000 more. Not sure how true this might be. 

1 hour ago, Ethanol95 said:

This is pretty interesting.. Thought that RCI had over tapped on the capacity of China's market at the moment and now they are increasing capacity from Quantum to Allure? That's like + 2000 more. Not sure how true this might be. 

They have reduced 4 ships (Voyager, Mariner, Quantum, Ovation) to just 2 ships (Spectrum, Quantum) so its not really increasing capacity by putting in another ship.

Independence and Anthem both appear in the Gibraltar port schedule multiple times over the summer of 2020 and no Voyager class ship appears there at all.  Unless they are place marking for a smaller ship, I think Southampton will have both.

There is also ‘Royal Class TBA 2020’.  Do you think that is Royal Caribbean?  Maybe there will be three ships?  Or it could be 2 or three different ships coming in and out of the Mediterranean before and after trans Atlantics I guess....  June 20th, July 6th and September 28th.

Edited by Nettee

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:50 AM, Piepkorn said:

Not to throw a wrench into the discussion, but I just came across a notation in the Monterey (California) Cruise Ship Calls regarding 'Celebrity Serenade' stopping in Monterey in May and October of 2020. I see it is currently scheduled out of FLL until the end of May.....so we'll just have to wait and see. I have (tried to) check the other west coast ports, but nothing else is updated beyond 2019.

https://monterey.org/Services/Harbor-and-Marina/Cruise-Ship-Tall-Ship-Visits

This entry for 'Celebrity Serenade'  gone.

Astoria still shows Serenade of the Seas twice for 2020.

2 hours ago, springaussie said:

This entry for 'Celebrity Serenade'  gone.

Astoria still shows Serenade of the Seas twice for 2020.

I wonder if these entries are actually for Celebrity Eclipse.  

Slightly o/t...  it appears that Silhouette will be deployed to South America, replacing Eclipse, in the 2020-21 season: 

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/18064325_CEL_Deployment_Opening_Schedule_2020_2021_Flyer.pdf

EC= Eclipse

SI=Silhouette 

This raises obvious questions about Eclipse' deployment for the 2020-21 southern summer given that she is apparently too high to pass under the bridge on the Pacific end of the Panama Canal.  Other port bookings in the name of Royal ships could be for Celebrity too.  

On 10/22/2018 at 1:28 PM, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

RCI UK is letting you.pre register to get text notifications for the opening of bookings and this is what it said...hope this helps...

Europe (departing from the UK)
Opening for sale, week commencing November 19th 2018
Short Caribbean
Opening for sale, week commencing December 3rd 2018
Caribbean, Northeast America, Canada and Bermuda
Opening for sale, week commencing December 10th 2018
Rest of Europe
Opening for sale, week commencing December 17th 2018

Sweet!  Thanks for the info.  They don't have that offer to pre-register on the US site.

4 hours ago, Nettee said:

There is also ‘Royal Class TBA 2020’.  Do you think that is Royal Caribbean?  Maybe there will be three ships?  Or it could be 2 or three different ships coming in and out of the Mediterranean before and after trans Atlantics I guess....  June 20th, July 6th and September 28th.

Royal Class TBA is the placeholder for Enchanted Princess, the new Princess' royal class ship that will be delivered in 2020

Week of November 5, 2018 Alaska & Hawaii (Phase I)

Week of November 19, 2018 Europe (Phase I)

Week of December 3, 2018 Short Caribbean

Week of December 10, 2018 Caribbean (Phase I), Northeast, Canada & Bermuda

Week of December 17, 2018 Europe (Phase II)

53 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Week of November 5, 2018 Alaska & Hawaii (Phase I)

Week of November 19, 2018 Europe (Phase I)

Week of December 3, 2018 Short Caribbean

Week of December 10, 2018 Caribbean (Phase I), Northeast, Canada & Bermuda

Week of December 17, 2018 Europe (Phase II) 

Thanks much!

5 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I just saw on Social Media that it is Anthem and Indy for Southampton

ITS OFFICIAL 

Anthem of the Seas and Independence of the Seas are sailing from Southampton in 2020!

At 30 seconds Ben claims Ovation of the Seas will be in Akaska for the first time in 2020. Ovation will be in Alaska 2019.

Edited by springaussie

I noticed he said that! Sometimes I think we here on CC know more than the RCI staff! My travel.agent just laughs at me now as I send him information that I learn here eg the deployment dates, and he said that they have received no communication from RCI regarding it yet! 

A social media page yesterday claims that Adventure will be out of Bayonne replacing Anthem when she goes to Southhampton.  Anyone confirm this?  It says she will follow the five night Bermuda 9 Night Bermuda/ St. Marteen that seems typical out of NJ.   It further says in April but lists late May in the details.   Any knowledge or speculation on this matter?  We hope to sail out of NJ in May and would like the longer southern route if possible.  I can't find it to copy it here, but seemed knowlegeble and credible.   

I hope Royal opens the booking for May 2020 soon, seems that mid December is the best guess. 

Thanks for all the help, great threat!

Edited by irelandvegas

Adventure replacing Anthem on the 5/9 Bermuda/Caribbean route in the summer is such a shame. I would have at least liked to see the Independence, since she was amplified. Adventure isn't even due to be amplified until 2021, which means after her summer taking over for Anthem and the last Voyager class ship to do so. They must not think very much of the Northeast market, if they plan to have Adventure and Grandeur (Baltimore) up there for the summer. Granted they are decent ships, but can't compete with Norwegian's brand new Encore for 2020. 

I wonder if that means that they are giving up the 7-night Bahamas runs in the summer.