Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Boxing ring, in-line skating. May not have been first, but fairly unique.

Stupid boxing ring came with Freedom,  replacing that big hot tub.  I think the hot tubs are about gone now, to make space for more staterooms.  I think the boxing ring was one of their miscalculations.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Voyager was probably going for a new market when she was designed. More activities available 

True. First few cruises on Sovereign in 1980's were no Kids/Families on board. With Tea Time, Skeet Shooting and Golfing off the back and no Adventure Ocean then. My first 10yrs cruising always had well known Entertainment, Spinner's, Temptation's, 4 Top's, couple of the Monkees. Was just married and except for these 2 girls that were 18 wasn't anyone onboard that was younger then me and my wife. Was like the Love Boat then, as I've said before Cruisers then were refereed as Newlywed and the Nearly Dead and was Very Expensive!

Edited by ONECRUISER

The bookings in the Melbourne port calendar under the name "Explorer of the Seas" are actually for Celebrity Eclipse.  She arrives from Singapore.  A few of the port bookings early in the season aren't accounted for by this deployment.   

Announcement received by email from Celebrity today:

"Geoffrey, as a valued Captain’s Club member you are among the first to hear that we will welcome a second Solstice-Class ship to Australia and New Zealand during the 2020/2021 summer season!

Now you can open your world more than ever before, with a completely revolutionised Celebrity Eclipse® sailing from Melbourne in 2020 for the first time."

More details here:  https://www.celebritycruises.com.au/local-deployment?utm_source=email&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ec_deployment

On 10/28/2018 at 4:03 AM, John&LaLa said:

Voyager was probably going for a new market when she was designed. More activities available 

When the Voyager Class was designed the goal was to use it exclusively in the Caribbean and since the cruise market grew that rapidly some of the ships were repositioned seasonally to Europe and even Bayonne received a Voyager Class ship year round of which I am also not sure if this was planned initially. Over the years with the demand in the cruise sector increasing always more we suddenly see a Voyager Class ship in Alaska which will be replaced next year with a Quantum Class ship, something no one would have imagined 10 years back and Oasis Class ships used on regular cruise itinaries in Europe and soon Asia and or Australia as it seems, a class of ship someone also never thought would be used outside of the Caribbean.

Well, what's next? Something smaller maybe, for which I hope RCCL will get inspiration from MSC Cruises and will build 2 - 4 ships with no greater tonnage as Radiance Class with junior Suites and above, hence a "Suite Class" ship offering amazing amenities and activites for which the Vessels of Silversea and Azamara are to small, together with spectacular ports / itinararies

Bayley said nothing small on the horizon during President Cruise.  If AZ and SS are to small, maybe that's a niche for X.

He also said more RCCL brand integration. 

Maybe RCI is destined to be short party cruises and big ship family cruises.

3 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Bayley said nothing small on the horizon during President Cruise.  If AZ and SS are to small, maybe that's a niche for X.

He also said more RCCL brand integration. 

Maybe RCI is destined to be short party cruises and big ship family cruises.

As it looks now, if you are looking for a cruise on a rather large ship that is destination driven X is the new RCI. Once the Radiance and Vision Class ships have disapeared I doubt we will see RCI still offering itinararies such as the Classical one way Seward to Vancouver and vise versa itinararies, for this we will then need to go to X

If i remember well you posted during the presidents cruise that there are plans to integrate as well the C&A program with all the lines up to Pinnacle / Zenit on X and so on that you can also collect points on X, Azamara and Silversea?

Nevertheless I could imagine that a "Suite Class Ship" of RCCL could be a interesting idea if done properly, as it shouldn't be canibalization to the X, Azamara and Silversea offerings.

Radiance of The Seas was originally designed for Alaska. Which is why the glass elevators, for as many viewing ares as possible, My first cruise was on Radiance & I saw a PBS specially about it during my research.

I hope Royal never gets rid of the smaller ships!

Edited by Jax129
  • Like 1

You guys are such a great source of info. Thank you! I follow these threads every year, so I can book the day cruises go on sale.

My question: Alaska goes on sale the ‘week of 11/5’. Does RCI usually open bookings a day earlier for Crown and Anchor members? Or is my memory faulty?  We are booking a cabin for us & a cabin for my aunt and older sister, and I want to book quickly.

Thanks for any input, so excited! :classic_smile:

11 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

You guys are such a great source of info. Thank you! I follow these threads every year, so I can book the day cruises go on sale.

My question: Alaska goes on sale the ‘week of 11/5’. Does RCI usually open bookings a day earlier for Crown and Anchor members? Or is my memory faulty?  We are booking a cabin for us & a cabin for my aunt and older sister, and I want to book quickly.

Royal has stated numerous times that C&A members get advance booking priority with new releases, in reality every time new itineraries go on sale the general public can book at the same time.

13 minutes ago, barbeyg said:

Everything gets released at the same time to everyone. 

They claim to make itineraries available to C&A members, but it never works that way. 

Thanks, y’all. :classic_smile:

i wasnt looking for a head start, just a shorter wait. Guess I’m going to have to stalk this thread and their site till they open. lol

Appreciate the response! 

Edited by barbeyg

A large US-american, internet based cruise travel agent, named after the type of an "ocean going voyage by ship" already shows the Alaska itineraries for 2020 - 3 ships will sail Alaska!

-Ovation: 7 night RT Seattle

-Serenade: 7 nights RT Vancouver

-Radiance: 7 nights Vancouver <--> Seward 

2 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

A large US-american, internet based cruise travel agent, named after the type of an "ocean going voyage by ship" already shows the Alaska itineraries for 2020 - 3 ships will sail Alaska!

-Ovation: 7 night RT Seattle

-Serenade: 7 nights RT Vancouver

-Radiance: 7 nights Vancouver <--> Seward 

I am confused about the Ovation sailings since the Royal Caribbean website is showing them as 8 night sailings, leaving on Fridays returning on Saturdays.  They are supposed to be 7 nights Friday to Friday and not an 8 night paired with a 6 night, correct?

22 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

They are supposed to be 7 nights Friday to Friday and not an 8 night paired with a 6 night, correct?

Yes, 7 days on Fridays (ignore the typo on their web site - when you pick dates, it's 7 days on Fridays). Looks to be a repeat of 2019 with the change being that there's just a 3 days repo cruise from Vancouver to Seattle (vs 11 day Alaska in 2019).

Edited by Biker19