Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

1 hour ago, Sirlancelot said:

[...] I thank my lucky stars every year  that the Sunshine Skyway Bridge is there so at least they HAVE to use these classes of ship! 

On a German cruise site I found the information that within 5 years (article was published in June 2017) RCI plans to get rid of the Vision Class ships, which would happen until 2022 so. That means, if this information is true (where you cannot be always sure when you refer to that site) the Vision Class ships have spent their longest time with RCI and their time there is limited from now...

However I am not sure about Radiance Class at all, there's neither rumors nor any leaked information that those ships might leave the fleet sooner or later.

I am with you in terms of the smaller classes - especially for "scenic" and senstitive destinations with some smaller ports (such as Norway, Alaska, Canada/NE) which cannot be accessed by larger ships.

For example, compare the Hawaii itineraries on Radiance/Serenade and Ovation otS: Radiance Class ships call more Hawaiian ports. 

Before the Vision Class ships will go, I hope that RCI will get rid of Empress and Majesty. Eventually they will all disapear and for the time being RCI will keep the Radiance Class where one ship will be used from FL for the Cuba Itinararies, the second one from Baltimore to replace Grandeur and the 3rd one to be based in Summer in Europe for the Scandinavian / Fjord itinararies and lastly the 4th ship to be based n Alaska for the Vancouver to Seward and vice versa itinararies and in Winter offer Panama Canal + Caribbean itinararies. At some point he day will come when RCL will also retire the Radiance Class after which we will need to cruise with Celebrity to have access to itinarary / more scentic drive cruises

I guess in Australia the smallest ship we will see eventually will be the Voyager Class if at all. For 2020/2021 winter (Ausie Summer) I wouldn't be suprised if Quantum and Anthem will be based in Australia together with Ovation and possibly Anthem could be used as the first ship to be based in Australia year round?

Edited by LXA350

3 hours ago, LXA350 said:

I guess in Australia the smallest ship we will see eventually will be the Voyager Class if at all. For 2020/2021 winter (Ausie Summer) I wouldn't be suprised if Quantum and Anthem will be based in Australia together with Ovation and possibly Anthem could be used as the first ship to be based in Australia year round?

For seasonal deployment, a second Quantum class ship for Australia would probably come from Asia rather than US/Europe.  

But a year round ship is another matter.  I can't see this happening until Royal's private island is up and running, assuming this comes to fruition.  

Many of the South Pacific island ports are tendered and will remain that way, so there is a strong case for running the Radiance class ships here.   But, as you say, Royal is moving to bigger ships.  

1 minute ago, shirazcruiser said:

Is there any news if Serenade is doing the same Aug 25, 2019 transatlantic itinerary in the fall of 2020 with stops in Iceland and Greenland?

Serenade will be in Alaska in the summer of 2020.

Jewel appears to be taking her place on the Baltic sailings. TBD if she offers the same transatlantic that Serenade is doing in 2019. 

I don’t think Quantum 5 comes to Bayonne.  Quantum 5 will be an LNG ship, and Bayonne is not set up to handle liquified natural gas.  The only port I’ve heard of that does (on the US east coast) is Port Canaveral.  Perhaps Anthem comes back after the summer season, but what happens during the summer is still up in the air.

Edited by jonesy4life9

5 minutes ago, jonesy4life9 said:

I don’t think Quantum 5 comes to Bayonne.  Quantum 5 will be an LNG ship, and Bayonne is not set up to handle liquified natural gas.  The only port I’ve heard of that does (on the US east coast) is Port Canaveral.  Perhaps Anthem comes back after the summer season, but what happens during the summer is still up in the air.

Port Everglades have LNG as Edge will be homeport there and Miami will have soon LNG terminal for MSC World Class 

1 hour ago, jonesy4life9 said:

Quantum 5 is not LNG.  Royal’s LNG ships are named project Icon and are in the Icon class.  They are also going to be about 200,000 GRT. They are due in 2022 and 2024

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=7271

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Caribbean_International

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 hour ago, kevin626 said:

Port Everglades have LNG as Edge will be homeport there and Miami will have soon LNG terminal for MSC World Class 

Edge does not use LNG.  Project Icon will be the first LNG ships for RCCL.

Here is the list of the future 29 LNG powered ships as of July of this year.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/number-of-firm-lng-cruise-newbuilds-climbs-to-19.html

Edited by Ourusualbeach

33 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Edge does not use LNG.  Project Icon will be the first LNG ships for RCCL.

Here is the list of the future 29 LNG powered ships as of July of this year.

http://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/news-headlines/number-of-firm-lng-cruise-newbuilds-climbs-to-19.html

Should have read 19 LNG Ships not 29.

11 hours ago, shirazcruiser said:

Is there any news if Serenade is doing the same Aug 25, 2019 transatlantic itinerary in the fall of 2020 with stops in Iceland and Greenland?

Serenade is due to sail Alaska in 2020. Jewel is likely to replace her on her itineraries out of Copenhagen in 2020, and Brilliance sails from Amsterdam most likely again.

Brilliance is listed in Reykjavik in September 2020.

My guess is Brilliance and Jewel are offering such Transatlantics with Iceland and maybe Greenland in early fall 2020. 

27 minutes ago, shirazcruiser said:

Thanks - any news if the Transatlantics will be released in Europe Phase I (Nov 19th) or Phase II (Dec 17th)?

You can infer the meaning from the only public information about it just as well as the rest of us. 🙂

Europe Phase One - Sailings out of the U.K.

image.thumb.png.f5a9c98877cd43716001789d721b4ad1.png

Edited by dswallow
  • Like 1

Just a great topic and thanks to all who have contributed!    

Does anyone know the release date of May 2020 NJ cruises?  Did I read Dec 17?  

I have asked before for speculation, feel free to if you have information.  We hope for Voyager class or above and are looking for a Bermuda/ San Juan type route.  Am I the only one not really excited about the Coco Cay pay to play stop the seems to be the future?

40 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

It looks as if CC has pulled the thread showing the Anthem and Independence itineraries for summer 2020 out of Southampton.

The information has been added to this thread. It's to stop threads being created about every single little thing when we have a perfectly good place for it to go already.

Otherwise, why stop at a thread for Anthem & Independence itineraries? We'd end up with abut 26 threads for all the different ships.

• Like 1

The Itineraries have not yet been officially released.  It should appear next week.  Someone found these on another website.

Anyone spot any itineraries they fancy?  I am a bit dissapointed there are no short (3 or 4 night) cruises in the summer and none on Anthem.

There are quite a few overnights scattered through the itineraries, which appeals to me.

Edited by Nettee