Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

1 hour ago, piescruises said:

what ship will be based out of boston since serenade’s in alaska?

I'm reading that Jewel will replace Serenade in Northern Europe in 2020. If so - it should be the ship that repositions to Boston for the Canada/New England cruises.

1 hour ago, shipfriend_max said:

I think Brilliance - she's listed at Reykjavik 8th/9th Sep. 2020, which represents her repo voyage from Europe to USA.

Apparently Amsterdam - Boston in her case. 

I hope to book the 2020 Transatlantic from Copenhagen...on whatever ship and to whichever US port!

Independence TA on 5/2/20 and Anthem TA on 4/12/20 and 11/1/20 are now open for booking.  Indy from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton and Anthem from Southampton to NJ.  Another interesting fact:  Only the Anthem 4/12/20 is currently listed as 60% off 2nd guest and Sail Away Sale.

I'm looking for Allure TA so whenever that opens, please post!  

Edited by Teeara

37 minutes ago, Teeara said:

Independence TA on 5/2/20 and Anthem TA on 4/12/20 and 11/1/20 are now open for booking.  Indy from Ft. Lauderdale to Southampton and Anthem from Southampton to NJ.  Another interesting fact:  Only the Anthem 4/12/20 is currently listed as 60% off 2nd guest and Sail Away Sale.

I'm looking for Allure TA so whenever that opens, please post!  

Thanks for posting this! I wasn't seeing any 2020 Europe cruises on the web site - until I logged in.

Edited by NancyIL

7 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Thanks for posting this! I wasn't seeing any 2020 Europe cruises on the web site - until I logged in.

I've been checking every hour.  I noticed it at 2:35 EST.  So far those 3 cruises are the only 2020 TAs currently posted on the RCI website.  

The RCI website is a bear. If anyone can confirm  indy's    ports and is willing to post it I would appreciate it. It might be the list that was deleted a few days ago which was : Independence of the seas
Transatlantic: Fort Lauderdale, At Sea, Labadee, San Juan, Charlotte Amalie, Basseterre, Philipsburg, 8 Days at Sea, Southampton (May 2-17 2020)

Edited by Sirlancelot
added stuff

7 minutes ago, Sirlancelot said:

The RCI website is a bear. If anyone can confirm  indy's    ports and is willing to post it I would appreciate it. It might be the list that was deleted a few days ago which was : Independence of the seas
Transatlantic: Fort Lauderdale, At Sea, Labadee, San Juan, Charlotte Amalie, Basseterre, Philipsburg, 8 Days at Sea, Southampton (May 2-17 2020)

I thought this would be helpful - they are right above you have to log in. Here is a screen shot of 2 spring EASTBOUND  (INDY and ANTHEM)  and amazingly the one fall ANTHEM (WESTBOUND) transatlantics on the site!  

Screen Shot 2018-11-19 at 15.35.12.png

Edited by Sirlancelot

25 minutes ago, NancyIL said:

Checking prices is getting annoying - as the advertised price on the web site almost doubles as soon as you try to book it!

The May 7-night Norwegian Fjords cruise went from  $579 pp to $1,267 pp, and the July 8-night Norwegian Fjords cruise went from $978 pp to $1,611 pp! 

Any clue where the Anthem dry dock is? I kinda assumed in was Cadiz and the TA would go to some place nearby like Barcelona. Has anything that large ever been to Cork? It's real early in the season for a stop there.

Edited by Biker19

Guest BigRoger

Mmmm it’s all interesting stuff re the Anthem and Indep sailings. A couple of observations:

- strange way to value the UK and Europe clients of RCCL to put the sailing available for booking early evening US time and let at night in Uk/ Europe

- then compound that by enabling US guests to book via the website, have pick of cabins etc and the UK site is blocked after cover page....

- the US dollar prices look to be a big chunk below the prices the UK will be charging in £ (when both are converted into dollars)

- and the prices seem unbelievably high!!!!!!! I’d almost like to think they are mistakes but I suspect they are not....

mmmm going to be interesting trawling through the direct and Via agencies prices tomorrow....

Hey guys, I've followed your conversation for some weeks and finally decided to register.

I'm a cruise enthusiast and also interested in the 2020 cruises, especially Northern Europe / UK / TA through Iceland. Just out of curiosity, we checked pricing for two different cruises in 2020.

Unfortunately, we have to book and pay in Euro. I could not believe my eyes: At the moment, a balcony cabin for 14 nights in June costs over 10'000 € for two people, that's around 12'000 $. That's not normal, right? The prices on the US-page seem a bit lower, but only due to the current price cut (30 % off when 2 people are sailing). Insanity, if you ask me...

31 minutes ago, andreasfcb said:

Hey guys, I've followed your conversation for some weeks and finally decided to register.

I'm a cruise enthusiast and also interested in the 2020 cruises, especially Northern Europe / UK / TA through Iceland. Just out of curiosity, we checked pricing for two different cruises in 2020.

Unfortunately, we have to book and pay in Euro. I could not believe my eyes: At the moment, a balcony cabin for 14 nights in June costs over 10'000 € for two people, that's around 12'000 $. That's not normal, right? The prices on the US-page seem a bit lower, but only due to the current price cut (30 % off when 2 people are sailing). Insanity, if you ask me...

Not sure what sailing (ship/date) you might possibly be referring to. Did you mean Ireland, and not Iceland?

2 minutes ago, dswallow said:

Not sure what sailing (ship/date) you might possibly be referring to. Did you mean Ireland, and not Iceland?

The trans-Atlantic in fall 2020 (probably from Amsterdam or Copenhagen) which passes Iceland and Greenland. Of course it's not available for booking yet, but we're tempted to try this one in 2020.

Out of curiosity, I checked prices of other cruises in 2020 from Southhampton. We could also imagine to do one that goes to the Mediterranean (13-14 nights) or one that goes to the Fjords (9 nights). I was a bit shocked about the prices, because I thought they were lower in the beginning. For example, inside cabin costs 7'500 € / 9'000 $ for two people on the 13 nights cruise (see attachment, those prices are per person!).

Screenshot 2018-11-20 at 01.58.42.png

58 minutes ago, andreasfcb said:

The trans-Atlantic in fall 2020 (probably from Amsterdam or Copenhagen) which passes Iceland and Greenland. Of course it's not available for booking yet, but we're tempted to try this one in 2020.

Out of curiosity, I checked prices of other cruises in 2020 from Southhampton. We could also imagine to do one that goes to the Mediterranean (13-14 nights) or one that goes to the Fjords (9 nights). I was a bit shocked about the prices, because I thought they were lower in the beginning. For example, inside cabin costs 7'500 € / 9'000 $ for two people on the 13 nights cruise (see attachment, those prices are per person!).

Screenshot 2018-11-20 at 01.58.42.png

Looks like prices set to shock.  They like to give themselves lots of room to discount fares in "sales".   

• Haha 1