Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

On 11/28/2018 at 5:39 PM, springaussie said:

Any hints on what to expect in the Short Caribbean cruises going on sale next week?

The most interesting thing for me is will they release up until April 2021 for sale?

You dont want to fly to Orlando for a weekend on Mariner? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, springaussie said:

Port of Astoria Oregon has removed the October 2020 booking for Serenade of the Seas. Bookings were also removed last month in Monterey.

Wonder where Serenade will show up for October 2020 then...transpacific???

3 hours ago, MindyJohn said:

Wonder where Serenade will show up for October 2020 then...transpacific???

She's going on a Hawaii cruise after her final Alaska sailing in September 2020 - so I think she is really likely to be deployed in Australia in 2020/2021. 

Maybe Radiance is taking over her initially planned itineraires in 2020/2021 - she does not return to Hawaii in Sep. 2020 and seems to be deployed elsewhere - I think in American waters somewhere... 

Edited by shipfriend_max

9 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

She's going on a Hawaii cruise after her final Alaska sailing in September 2020 - so I think she is really likely to be deployed in Australia in 2020/2021. 

Maybe Radiance is taking over her initially planned itineraires in 2020/2021 - she does not return to Hawaii in Sep. 2020 and seems to be deployed elsewhere - I think in American waters soewhere... 

One option for Radiance is a dry dock in Asia to get the Wow features and take up the Darwin booking 9 November 2020. Then take up Brisbane from 16 November.

Serenade would go to Sydney. 

2 minutes ago, springaussie said:

One option for Radiance is a dry dock in Asia to get the Wow features and take up the Darwin booking 9 November 2020. Then take up Brisbane from 16 November.

Could well be, yes. But I am wondering that no cruises after September 2020 are available on her. I actually thought she would still make her way to Australia/Asia via Hawaii and Transpacific. Apparently not, but I cannot imagine she sails empty overthere...

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

I was under the impression that it was only Voysger class and up that were part of the “Amped” program.  The rest of the ships getting just the basics.

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I was under the impression that it was only Voysger class and up that were part of the “Amped” program.  The rest of the ships getting just the basics.

Oasis, Freedom and Voyager class.

Radiance last drydocked in Singapore in May 2016.

9 hours ago, springaussie said:

Radiance Class has never been to Asia.

Victoria Canada was the last 2 dry docks for Radiance. April 2016 the most recent.

I was going off what I read here: https://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/767-cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule

But I see that's incorrect from some searching online.

I was at Captain's Corner with Captain Tobias on Rhapsody on Friday and this is what I picked up

- when asked about Rhapsody's future he said that she will still be sailing into 2020. Even though people want the bigger, flashier ships with all the slides etc they will need the smaller ships like the Vision and Radiance classes to get into smaller ports like Venice and under the low bridges like Tampa.

- when asked about returning to the West Coast of USA, he said nothing was planned for the immediate future. Same was said about New Orleans after Vision does her short season. 

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle

Short Caribbean, so far....

Mariner to Port Canaveral - 3,4 night Bahamas

Navigator to Miami - 3,4 night Bahamas

Enchantment to Galveston (interesting) - 4, 5 night western, 7 night Bahamas

Edited by bowler15547
missed 4 night western

1 hour ago, bowler15547 said:

Short Caribbean, so far....

Mariner to Port Canaveral - 3,4 night Bahamas

Navigator to Miami - 3,4 night Bahamas

Enchantment to Galveston (interesting) - 4, 5 night western, 7 night Bahamas

Okay, this deployment is not interesting at all for me.

Next week is going to be more interesting with "Caribbean Phase 1", Canada/New England and Bermuda.

Most interesting will be in two weeks with Europe. 🙂 

13 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Mariner sailings from PC  thru 2021 are out.  Just did a quick look but the difference between non refundable and refundable for  a 3 night balcony cabin is over $500  YIKES

Absurd.

16 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Next week is going to be more interesting with "Caribbean Phase 1", Canada/New England and Bermuda.

I am looking for Europe myself. I am hoping that the TA'S will be included with that from the Med and also from Northern Europe. 

I love the Enchanted Princess' 25 night Med with the TA and I was tempted to book it, bur it runs too late in November for me. Work wants me back in the beginning of November. We did a TA in September this year and that was perfect! 

41 minutes ago, shipfriend_max said:

Yeah, this one is same every yr with only 2-3 ships doing the short Caribbean. Me, only do the 10/11/12 niters so always have to wait until March/April and was late as end of May few yrs ago...

Edited by ONECRUISER