Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

55 minutes ago, eel said:

Celebrity Eclipse (Solstice class) is doing South America and Antarctica this season.  Voyager class is only slightly larger than Solstice class so I suspect a Voyager class would work for those ports.

Trying to remember, pretty sure Mariner of the Seas did a cruise around South America Atlantic to Pacific few yrs ago...

3 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Trying to remember, pretty sure Mariner of the Seas did a cruise around South America Atlantic to Pacific few yrs ago...

Yes it did.  The famous "Hornblower" cruise (2009?) when they deployed Mariner on the west coast for a few seasons.

1 hour ago, eel said:

Yes it did.  The famous "Hornblower" cruise (2009?) when they deployed Mariner on the west coast for a few seasons.

Thank's, what I thought even about same time frame. Wish was able go on then but was busy with VA  those years, maybe Royal will do it again someday.

On 8/10/2018 at 5:23 PM, ranchette said:

So sorry to hear that you do not like thAnthem I Love the Anthem and will miss her we are going in Oct. & then again in June

but are looking to do a cruise out of NJ in 2020.

Anthem is doing a transatlantic out of Bayonne to Southampton, April 12-24, 2020.  Just booked it....stops in Halifax, Azores, Cobh, LeHarve.  Great prices on Junior Suite, lower than Balcony.

23 minutes ago, Traveling2naples said:

Anthem is doing a transatlantic out of Bayonne to Southampton, April 12-24, 2020.  Just booked it....stops in Halifax, Azores, Cobh, LeHarve.  Great prices on Junior Suite, lower than Balcony.

I looked at that when they were released. There's really nothing about any of the prices I'd call "great" unless I was the one selling them. Greatly excessive, perhaps. And even the Junior Suite guarantee ($2440pp/do w/Diamond) is priced higher than the Ocean View w/Large Balcony ($2342pp/do w/Diamond). Granted, it's close, at least. 🙂 But Obstructed Ocean View w/Balcony at $1978pp/do (w/Diamond) is $165/day/pp/do, which I'd put at about $50-60/day/pp/do higher than "great".

I know we all have different ideas of what good prices might be, but speaking in only adjectives really isn't particularly useful to anyone reading along. It's like stock market or currency reporting. "The market took a nosedive today" when the DJIA dropped 12 points, and then on a different day it drops 100 points and they'll say "The market closed slightly lower today."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, accio_7 said:

Boarding Adventure tomorrow and interested to know whether Royal will offer 8 night Southern Caribbean itineraries as 2019/20. Do you think those itineraries will be released next week while I’m onboard?

Possible.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, accio_7 said:

Boarding Adventure tomorrow and interested to know whether Royal will offer 8 night Southern Caribbean itineraries as 2019/20. Do you think those itineraries will be released next week while I’m onboard?

I think  the week of December 10, Caribbean (Phase I), Northeast, Canada & Bermuda will be released, so you should be on board to book on board.  Check with the Future Cruise department once you board.    

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dswallow said:

I looked at that when they were released. There's really nothing about any of the prices I'd call "great" unless I was the one selling them. Greatly excessive, perhaps.

+1.

Biker, who would not pay more than about $80 pppd on a repo sailing.

• Like 3

I always check with the website before I go to Future Cruise.  You can do it on the ship computers for free, don't need a WiFi package.  That way I already know which cruise I want and what the price should be.  They quoted me too high one time, I raised my eyebrows and she corrected the price.  It was fun.

• Like 1

Just been looking at the Indy and Anthem prices out of Southampton for September/October 2020. Nearly fell off my chair. That is some mad, crazy pricing! :classic_ohmy: I can understand Anthem (to an extent) but why is Indy so expensive? This is why we went to the Caribbean this year; it was cheaper for us to fly all the way across the Atlantic than to cruise in our own backyard. Not that I'm complaining about going to the Caribbean, mind. :classic_laugh:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, springaussie said:

Interesting post here about the Allure being cancelled 1st March 2020 and the cruise planner shows a 14 night Trans Atlantic

Still hoping to see an Oasis class make her way to Brisbane  2020 ....nothing wrong with dreaming is there 🤩❤️

19 minutes ago, badgerbill said:

Still hoping to see an Oasis class make her way to Brisbane  2020 ....nothing wrong with dreaming is there 🤩❤️

Since reading this post and if they are running an Allure Trans Atlantic March 2020 I have been wondering if the dry dock is in Asia instead of Europe.

Badgerbill as you said nothing wrong with dreaming.

4 hours ago, springaussie said:

Since reading this post and if they are running an Allure Trans Atlantic March 2020 I have been wondering if the dry dock is in Asia instead of Europe.

Badgerbill as you said nothing wrong with dreaming.

On the group facebook page for our cruise someone from there was on Explorer for the last trip and she was told that something "bigger and better" is going to replace Explorer in Sydney. So whatever that means...

1 hour ago, ShazM said:

On the group facebook page for our cruise someone from there was on Explorer for the last trip and she was told that something "bigger and better" is going to replace Explorer in Sydney. So whatever that means...

That is Voyager I believe.

Edited by Saab4444

1 hour ago, ShazM said:

That would mean no oasis class ship in Europe for 2020.

Is there a schedule as to when Royal releases it schedule?  I know it's released in phases during the year and next week is a big week for Caribbean cruises. Are Caribbean cruises always released the 2nd week in Dec?

Also, what is Caribbean phase 1? How many phases are there? And how far out will the next deployment schedule go?

I've semi-search and found bit and pieces of answers to my questions here and there but I was wondering of there is one document / thread / website that contains it all in one place for Caribbean, Alaska, European sailing, etc.

4 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

Is there a schedule as to when Royal releases it schedule?  I know it's released in phases during the year and next week is a big week for Caribbean cruises. Are Caribbean cruises always released the 2nd week in Dec?

Also, what is Caribbean phase 1? How many phases are there? And how far out will the next deployment schedule go?

I've semi-search and found bit and pieces of answers to my questions here and there but I was wondering of there is one document / thread / website that contains it all in one place for Caribbean, Alaska, European sailing, etc.

Royal does not publicly explain what they mean by Phase 1, how many phases, etc.  Last year's deployment went to April 2020, except for Cuba itineraries which don't seem to follow a pattern.  Who knows if they will follow that pattern this time.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, HBE4 said:

This has the most up to date information regarding releases.

https://loyaltoyoualways.com/deployment/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1