Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

38 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

CC not necessarily BUT it never has been a problem - you can have a residence in the US without a CC attached to it....

They would never spend any effort on loosing a done sale!🤔

Well, in case you have a low rate and last minute demand is high at much higher rates they would have an easy reason to kick you out. Also if you check in you have to provide correct Passport and adress data. I booked Cunard in the US but they allow it.

3 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Also if you check in you have to provide correct Passport and adress data.

For which you can use the same fake one used for booking.

Biker, who would bet a cruise that one could use 1600 Pennsylvania Ave in DC as an address and RCI would never do anything about it.

7 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

Well, in case you have a low rate and last minute demand is high at much higher rates they would have an easy reason to kick you out. Also if you check in you have to provide correct Passport and adress data. I booked Cunard in the US but they allow it.

How would they know - prior to you checking in and they are asking for proof of address?

And what would they ask for?🤔

Residence has nothing to do with passport!👍

I do have a US residence...so no worries for me!😎

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

11 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

The only time they would possibly ask to verify address is if you booked under a residency rate.  These used to be common years ago, and when we were lucky enough to take advantage of a residency rate, they never asked for proof of residence.

3 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

And credit card payments? E.g. with ticketmaster US I learnt they don‘t get aproved if the adress is not the same as in the booking / customer account.

You can give a different billing address than the residence address.  I do that all the time.

On 10/16/2018 at 6:50 PM, cruisinfromtampa said:

It worked.  I was able to open it, but only after downloading it.  Before some things would just open in a new window.

I lived in Turkey for 27 years, and if I remember correctly, my sister would book my cruises here in the US, but use my credit card with my Turkish address to pay for it. Not a big deal at all.

Some recent changes in the Med.

• As mentioned, Explorer no longer showing up weekly at Riviera ports. Only one call in 2020, on August 4. With the October call in Gibraltar, it seems she stays in the Med though. Still from Rome, just not calling on any Riviera ports?
  • Jewel seems to return to the Med in September and October after Northern Europe. Four Riviera port calls spread between 9/6 and 10/28. This coincides with a 9/3 call in Gibraltar. This ends my theory of her heading over to do Canada & New England. Will she return to Dubai?
  • Vision still doing the 12 nighters from Barcelona. 
Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Any clues about the ship(s) and dates for Norwegian cruises, especially the 11 night Arctic Circle itinerary for 2020?  The Serenade, out of Copenhagen, has been doing the longer Norwegian cruises, but only two times a summer.  I see that the Serenade will now be doing Alaska out of Vancouver. 

Also, I’m interested in the 12-13 night British Isles itinerary for 2020.  The Brilliance, out of Amsterdam, has been doing 2 or 3 of those a summer.

Thanks for your help - Johnette 

On 11/26/2018 at 12:54 PM, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Some recent changes in the Med.

• As mentioned, Explorer no longer showing up weekly at Riviera ports. Only one call in 2020, on August 4. With the October call in Gibraltar, it seems she stays in the Med though. Still from Rome, just not calling on any Riviera ports?

Good summary.   

Another thought... Is the October 5 booking too early to be Q5 heading East?  

12 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Good summary.   

Another thought... Is the October 5 booking too early to be Q5 heading East?  

12 hours ago, springaussie said:

Very possible Geoff!

Could be, but don't forget the Grand Cayman port bookings for "Spectrum Two".

Would seem odd to use that name if it isn't actually Quantum 5 that will be calling in GC. 

2 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

Would seem odd to use that name if it isn't actually Quantum 5 that will be calling in GC. 

I don't see Quantum 5 heading to Asia, due to the regular Cayman Islands port call, I see her spending her maiden season in Fort Lauderdale on the 6-8 nighters from there.

Also the Asian, especially the Chinese market seems to be stagnating a littlebit - see all the major lines who deployed their newest and largest ships to China pull them out from there (Ovation otS and NCL Joy are leaving China entirely), at least seasonally (Majestic Princess).

With Spectrum sailing China already it would be a waste to deploy a second new ship there, on a market with uncertain future.

For April - Oct/Nov. 2021 however I see her sailing from Southampton in Europe, taking over Anthem's itineraries in 2020 from Southampton. 

9 hours ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

6 hours ago, shipfriend_max said:

I don't see Quantum 5 heading to Asia, due to the regular Cayman Islands port call, I see her spending her maiden season in Fort Lauderdale on the 6-8 nighters from there.

Also the Asian, especially the Chinese market seems to be stagnating a littlebit - see all the major lines who deployed their newest and largest ships to China pull them out from there (Ovation otS and NCL Joy are leaving China entirely), at least seasonally (Majestic Princess).

Quite right, and Q5 in Asia isn't the likely outcome.  

Still looking for an explanation for that Explorer entry.  Maybe she's cruising Greece and Italy all season.   

I've held a dim view of the prospects for the cruise industry in China for some time.  The hype did not translate into results! 

6 hours ago, geoff2802 said:

Quite right, and Q5 in Asia isn't the likely outcome.  

Still looking for an explanation for that Explorer entry.  Maybe she's cruising Greece and Italy all season.   

I've held a dim view of the prospects for the cruise industry in China for some time.  The hype did not translate into results! 

My theory is she is taking over all the itineraries that Jewel offers in 2019 out of Rome.

Originally maybe RCI planned to call by-weekly at Villefranche or Cannes on Explorer's itineraries, but maybe the itinerary plans changed now. So actually the 2020 deployment for Explorer does not change at all, but the called ports do slightly.

I think: one week Eastern Med with Greece, the other week: Western Med. 

Edited by shipfriend_max

4 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

There is a 12 day holy land on the Jewel out of Rome Civil in 2019.

Do you think the Explorer would be doing that in 2020 instead of Jewel then?  Will it be amified then?

All we know is Explorer's next dry dock is sometime in 2020.  No exact dates yet.

45 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

There is a 12 day holy land on the Jewel out of Rome Civil in 2019.

Do you think the Explorer would be doing that in 2020 instead of Jewel then?  Will it be amified then?

According to some cruise call lists in the Med, Jewel is likely to come to Mediterranean in fall 2020 as well. 

I'd reckon Jewel otS will do the Holy Land cruises again, when she comes to Med in September 2020 or so. 

• Like 2