Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

15 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If they cancel this type of cruise and there are no alternative similar cruises available to switch to are you just SOOL or do they offer some other type of compensation for the inconvenience?  

They usually will give you 25% FCC or more...depending on how close you are to the cruise...

You will also get $400 for the flight cancellation...which in these cases will not cover what you have lost....so better book with air2sea!👍

7 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

They usually will give you 25% FCC or more...depending on how close you are to the cruise...

You will also get $400 for the flight cancellation...which in these cases will not cover what you have lost....so better book with air2sea!👍

I definitely will use air2sea.

33 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

I've had 3 cruises cancelled and have never received a 25% FCC.....

$200 OBC for a balcony

$400 OBC for a Jr Suite

Applied to a new cruise

8 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

I've had 3 cruises cancelled and have never received a 25% FCC.....

$200 OBC for a balcony

$400 OBC for a Jr Suite

Applied to a new cruise

Not when they cancel repo cruises without any alternatives....😁

The $ you quoted is for regular weekly cruises!👍

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If they cancel this type of cruise and there are no alternative similar cruises available to switch to are you just SOOL or do they offer some other type of compensation for the inconvenience?  

There is no standard, and compensation of any kind is not guaranteed.  

Generally, they will give you compensation for airline change fees (with documentation).  They may offer price protection and OBC on cruises RCI deems similar.  We had a cruise canceled where RCI gave us unacceptable alternatives and we ended up with nothing.

3 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Where are you getting these numbers from?

We had a repositioning (Jewel, Rome to San Juan) cruise canceled and ended up with nothing.

The cancelled TA happened 12 months before sail date, we stayed in Barcelona 2 nights and joined about 1,000 other RC cruisers on the Carnival Horizon's TA to NYC instead of Miami, which was better for us, living in PA.  There was no compensation offered, but we Didn't lose any money and had plenty of time to find alternatives.

When the Explorer TP was cancelled there were offers of credits to take a similar timed TP, perhaps on the Radiance, but we passed.  Once again it was at least a year ahead of the cruise, so no loss.

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

We booked the Ovation Singapore to Tokyo and Tokyo to Seattle B2B for spring 2021. We already had Celebrity Millennium B2B booked for Japan and the TP in April 2021.  As a hedge we are going to hang onto that booking until just before final payment. I would hope that any cancelations or changes for the Ovation sailings would be known by then.

These cruises are proving very popular with experienced cruisers.  I know over a hundred people that have booked and the CC threads and social media pages are blowing up.  I think that will negate the “immersion” aspect of the first leg.

One question: if you book a flight with Air2Sea and the cruise is cancelled, will your airfare be refunded?  I think yes but would appreciate confirmation!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, eel said:

We booked the Ovation Singapore to Tokyo and Tokyo to Seattle B2B for spring 2021. We already had Celebrity Millennium B2B booked for Japan and the TP in April 2021.  As a hedge we are going to hang onto that booking until just before final payment. I would hope that any cancelations or changes for the Ovation sailings would be known by then.

These cruises are proving very popular with experienced cruisers.  I know over a hundred people that have booked and the CC threads and social media pages are blowing up.  I think that will negate the “immersion” aspect of the first leg.

One question: if you book a flight with Air2Sea and the cruise is cancelled, will your airfare be refunded?  I think yes but would appreciate confirmation!

I recently cancelled a cruise where airfare was with A2S, and didn’t have to pay a penalty or anything. Definitely looking at A2S for this one!!

It is not a major dry-dock - most likely getting Ovation converted back to the English market and a few 'required/standard' maintenance type things - I am thinking positive that this will stand - but definitely booking on Air2Sea! 🙂

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

The $ I quoted was for two transatlantic cruises and a 9 day Caribbean. 

No FCC.....period

12 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

You have bad luck!😥

Nothing to do with "luck". That's what Royal offered to Everyone. I learned much from my first cancellation and now book a back up for any repo.

My last cancellation was a back up.....so got $400 OBC for a future TA.

6 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Nothing to do with "luck". That's what Royal offered to Everyone. I learned much from my first cancellation and now book a back up for any repo.

My last cancellation was a back up.....so got $400 OBC for a future TA.

We have been getting good FCC lately for repos's.....👍😁

5 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Explorer TP got 10% off any, or 20% off the overpriced Ovation 1/2 TP. 

4 hours ago, Esahuma said:

It is not a major dry-dock - most likely getting Ovation converted back to the English market and a few 'required/standard' maintenance type things - I am thinking positive that this will stand - but definitely booking on Air2Sea! 🙂

It's already sailing the English market

5 hours ago, mugtech said:

The cancelled TA happened 12 months before sail date, we stayed in Barcelona 2 nights and joined about 1,000 other RC cruisers on the Carnival Horizon's TA to NYC instead of Miami, which was better for us, living in PA.  There was no compensation offered, but we Didn't lose any money and had plenty of time to find alternatives.

We got a ton of compensation on that voyage 🤔

Edited by John&LaLa

10 hours ago, Esahuma said:

It is Ovation’s 5 year dry dock. Probably not extensive but fairly major. They will need to service all of the internal systems as well as refresh the public spaces.  

6 hours ago, eel said:

It is Ovation’s 5 year dry dock. Probably not extensive but fairly major. They will need to service all of the internal systems as well as refresh the public spaces.  

well - whatever dry dock - I am keeping a positive outlook - besides - we love Asia - if we do have tickets booked and this maybe turns upside down - we will hop onto a couple 5 days cruises - love - to go to those ports again out of Singapore like we did on Mariner!  🙂

Apologies if there has been some recent chatter on this but it's hard to search back through posts on certain topics because people's signatures etc flag up with the search term -- basically I'm wondering what's happening with Quantum in 2021. I can see from the deployment summary flyer that Quantum will be doing 4/5/7 night cruises out of Singapore; however, nothing is available to book yet. We're probably going to be doing the Singapore to Tokyo cruise on Ovation but I'm hoping we might be able to tack on a semi-B2B with Quantum out of Singapore around the same time. (I have been reading, with appreciation, all of your comments on the 'immersion' cruise element and concerns re: drydock situation, but it still is very tempting for the price, ship, and itinerary!). Any info is appreciated.