Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

3 minutes ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

With Empress and Majesty no longer sailing to Cuba does Florida need 5 Oasis Class ships?  Id say when Odyssey arrives Oasis or Allure will be moved on.

I thought that Odyssey would split her time between Europe and Florida. By the time O5 comes, I think that one of the older OA class ships will be in Galveston.

Edited by CruisingJoe09

2 hours ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

I thought that Odyssey would split her time between Europe and Florida. By the time O5 comes, I think that one of the older OA class ships will be in Galveston.

Is Galveston ready? That's around 18 months from now

9 minutes ago, CruisingJoe09 said:

Not yet, but Oasis 5 is due for 2021, so probably perfect timing for them to bring an Oasis Class there.

I just hope they also improve the surrounding infrastructure.  Not just roads, but more rental car offices that are open on Sunday that take one-way rentals.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I just hope they also improve the surrounding infrastructure.  Not just roads, but more rental car offices that are open on Sunday that take one-way rentals.

Or start offering Saturday to Saturday sailings!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eel said:

Or start offering Saturday to Saturday sailings!

Or even something longer than the usual unimaginative never changing itineraries at times tho' Oasis hulks are limited in the ports they can use of course.

And why an older Oasis class ship ? Carnival has offered its latest and greatest out of Galveston more than once.

• Like 1

On 6/6/2019 at 9:25 PM, Ethanol95 said:

Feel my pain. I always wish every year they would change up the 4 and 5 nights but they are always the same with +1/-1 port in Malaysia. So bored of these already... 

We do feel your pain.

We won't do those 3/4/5 nights again to the same ports.

We would go to Singapore every year for our winter-time cruise.

Well we do go twice a year for the repositioning.:)

Going to China again this year for our winter cruise.:(

4 hours ago, pspercy said:

Or even something longer than the usual unimaginative never changing itineraries at times tho' Oasis hulks are limited in the ports they can use of course.

And why an older Oasis class ship ? Carnival has offered its latest and greatest out of Galveston more than once.

Definitely agree about longer, different itineraries!!  Not sure it will happen though.

Who knows which Oasis class will come....but I would also guess one of the older 2 ships.

17 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

With Empress and Majesty no longer sailing to Cuba does Florida need 5 Oasis Class ships?  Id say when Odyssey arrives Oasis or Allure will be moved on. 

It might also finnally be time to retire Majesty and Empress for good from the Royal fleet

14 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Why? I enjoy the smaller ships. If you don't like them don't sail on them.

Ships reach a point when the normal maintenance and costs of running the ship are no longer profitable at the prices they can generate. Could be that time for the mentioned old small ships.

f

32 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Why? I enjoy the smaller ships. If you don't like them don't sail on them.

I also enjoy smaller ships, the problem with the Empress and Majesty is that they are just too old and do not meet the standards from public areas to cabins on what you would expect for a 4 Star (hotel rating style) cruise line, such as Royal Caribbean. Now that not even the destination factor of Cuba is relevant it woud just be the time to finally remove them from the fleet for good.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Ships reach a point when the normal maintenance and costs of running the ship are no longer profitable at the prices they can generate. Could be that time for the mentioned old small ships.

However you don't that. I'm very sure RCI'RCL will do what is most profitable for them and not take the information from the posters on CC who think they are smarter then them.

5 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

However you don't that. I'm very sure RCI'RCL will do what is most profitable for them and not take the information from the posters on CC who think they are smarter then them.

There’s a reason why Empress, Sovereign and Monarch left the fleet in the first place. Majesty was also rumored to be on her way out before Cuba opened up. They just don’t fit the current Royal Caribbean International Brand. 

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

8 minutes ago, OfTheSeasCruiser said:

There’s a reason why Empress, Sovereign and Monarch left the fleet in the first place. Majesty was also rumored to be on her way out before Cuba opened up. They just don’t fit the current Royal Caribbean International Brand. 

I can imagine that we will see one of them go next year when Odysey will join and in 2021 when Oasis 5 will be here the latest. Only reason why they will stay in the fleet is if anything changes concerning Cuba deploymnets. But then again how much longer is it feasible economically to keep them, they are due at some point for a dry dock and due to their age this requires heavy repairs.

14 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

I would never think or imply that anyone on CC is smarter than corporate RCI.  Just saying that every year the oldest ships get older they are getting closer to retirement.  One would think a ship brought back for Cuba would be retiring under current circumstances, especially if Trump is reelected.

45 minutes ago, LXA350 said:

f

I also enjoy smaller ships, the problem with the Empress and Majesty is that they are just too old and do not meet the standards from public areas to cabins on what you would expect for a 4 Star (hotel rating style) cruise line, such as Royal Caribbean. Now that not even the destination factor of Cuba is relevant it woud just be the time to finally remove them from the fleet for good.

Whenever I hear of a coworker or acquaintance going on a cruise, I cross my fingers that it isn’t an older Carnival ship or Majesty and Empress knowing they will be expecting something much more representative of the brand. 

I cringe to think that’s what they picture us enjoying/recommending. I can imagine Royal would probably feel similarly especially since the short and cheap cruises are what many first timers typically choose...

11 hours ago, pspercy said:

Not 100% sure, but I typically see higher prices out of Florida 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kruzerci said:

Whenever I hear of a coworker or acquaintance going on a cruise, I cross my fingers that it isn’t an older Carnival ship or Majesty and Empress knowing they will be expecting something much more representative of the brand. 

I cringe to think that’s what they picture us enjoying/recommending. I can imagine Royal would probably feel similarly especially since the short and cheap cruises are what many first timers typically choose...

Mariner and Navigator are now doing the shorties, probably for that very reason

• Like 2

11 hours ago, JBSteelerfan said:

Definitely agree about longer, different itineraries!!  Not sure it will happen though.

Who knows which Oasis class will come....but I would also guess one of the older 2 ships.

Allure and Oasis 1 are being tossed around. 

Oasis 5 timing of completion is certainly right, 

and to compete with Carnival with a splash . 

3 minutes ago, ssb said:

Allure and Oasis 1 are being tossed around. 

Oasis 5 timing of completion is certainly right, 

and to compete with Carnival with a splash . 

My own personal feeling is that Oasis 5 will command premium prices and in order to maintain that they need to be able to draw from an international market which is Miami or FLL.  Putting her in Galveston isn’t going to command any higher a price and possibly even lower.  On the other hand by putting Oasis or Allure in Galveston they should be able to charge more than they currently are in a Florida for those 2 ships. 

On 6/15/2019 at 7:14 PM, John&LaLa said:

Not 100% sure, but I typically see higher prices out of Florida 

The prices in Europe are astronomical! It is less expensive for me to fly to the US to cruise than sailing from Europe-5 nights on Anthem next year is £800!!