Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

12 hours ago, toad455 said:

decided to search the Explorer cruises for 2021 again. Still missing those four, 9-day cruises in Jan. & Feb. very odd.

We are booked on the Explorer for the 9-night, starting December 4, 2020 to the ABC's and Labadee!

I thought China was going to be available to book this week ?

It was originally week of April 29th then put off until week of May 9th.

Edited by Ashland

2 minutes ago, Ashland said:

I thought China was going to be available to book this week ?

It was originally week of May 6th then put off until week of May 9th.

China 2020 is available to book.  The schedules were released on Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, timf2001 said:

China 2020 is available to book.  The schedules were released on Tuesday.

Thank you.

I just checked...too much Japan....I was hoping for a Singapore-Shanghai on a Voyager class...loved this itinerary when we did it last.

Edited by Ashland

16 minutes ago, Ashland said:

Thank you.

I just checked...too much Japan....I was hoping for a Singapore-Shanghai on a Voyager class...loved this itinerary when we did it last.

Singapore is a separate release on the week of May 20.  You might want to check back then.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2019 at 1:51 PM, John&LaLa said:

How long till Brisbane has an Oasis class terminal?

Brisbane also needs to deepen the channel in order for the port to be deep enough for an Oasis Class ship. We will probably see a Oasis Class ship earliest in around 5 years in Austalia, as the infrastructure for the ship is not there yet. The likely cruises the ship will offer will be out of Brisbane to New Caledonia, including a stop at the yet to be built private Island destination of RCCL, mostly 7 day cruises per current Oasis Class deployment model, due to the warm temperatures year round in that area this would see a peranent deployment. Each port to receive the ship which will be limited as well requires a deep enough channel and a place to dock, as we will not see tendering on the Oasis Class. Due to the current restrains there are no imediate plans to send a Oasis Class ship but once the infrastructure is there it will happen.

The Radiance Class ships are really the most ideal ship for the Australia market out of operative reasons currently, given that many ports are tendered and various that currently are not are not at all able to receive Quantum Class and if yes with restrictions. RCCL is hoping to see infrastructure changes in the South Pacific area however things go very slowly.

Supposedly by 2021 the Channel will be deepend in Auckland that the Quantum Class can finnally dock and does not need to tender in the harbour.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:01 PM, toad455 said:

decided to search the Explorer cruises for 2021 again. Still missing those four, 9-day cruises in Jan. & Feb. very odd.

I have been waiting as well to see those 9 day sailings since Caribbean sailings - part 2 were released almost 2 months ago.  RCCL never gives an answer to why they are missing - they have guessed...maybe it is chartered - all 4 of those sailings, maybe it is going in for a short drydock - 4 separate times with 5 day sailings in between each drydock, they will be released in the next week or so - that was 6 weeks ago.  Clearly they have no clue why they have not yet been released.

• 2 weeks later...

Singapore is getting its longest ever homeport season by RCI in 2020-2021 with Quantum stationed there for a good 7 months! This is after her 6 month long homeport season in 2019-2020! 👍🏻

Edited by Ethanol95
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 7:01 PM, toad455 said:

Explorer is scheduled for dry dock in 2020....... perhaps they've pushed it to Jan/Feb of 2021?

That's right about when Navigator went in last year..... right after the ABC itinerary was completed. The same one Explorer is scheduled on.

On 5/11/2019 at 7:03 PM, Russ Lomas said:

I have been waiting as well to see those 9 day sailings since Caribbean sailings - part 2 were released almost 2 months ago.  RCCL never gives an answer to why they are missing - they have guessed...maybe it is chartered - all 4 of those sailings, maybe it is going in for a short drydock - 4 separate times with 5 day sailings in between each drydock, they will be released in the next week or so - that was 6 weeks ago.  Clearly they have no clue why they have not yet been released.

We're waiting on them also. It's the itinerary (or at least appears to be) we want but waiting to see what the plans are for the drydock etc.

Few people reported less than 100% up and running on the initial voyages after Navigator went in recently.........

3 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Explorer is scheduled for dry dock in 2020....... perhaps they've pushed it to Jan/Feb of 2021?

That's right about when Navigator went in last year..... right after the ABC itinerary was completed. The same one Explorer is scheduled on.

Last EX dry dock was Spring 2015, so they cannot go beyond Spring 2020 without a dry dock.

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Last EX dry dock was Spring 2015, so they cannot go beyond Spring 2020 without a dry dock.

Can they do a short one to "satisfy requirements" and then do the majority of the work at a later date? Just curious, as previously mentioned we're waiting on details etc. to book the ABC's winter of 2020!

6 minutes ago, NateUpNorth said:

Can they do a short one to "satisfy requirements" and then do the majority of the work at a later date? Just curious, as previously mentioned we're waiting on details etc. to book the ABC's winter of 2020!

I don't know how short they could make the required marine maintenance and inspection. 

Hopefully the Chief can chime in, but I would expect that to take at least a week.

I was due to sail on a 5 night round trip from Miami on Explorer 15th March 2020. Sometime in the last 10-14 days all the March 2020 sailings disappeared from the website and I found out some had been Chartered. On my Cruise Planner my reservation changed to a 9 night Dry Dock Cruise going from Miami on 15th March 2020 to France. I rang yesterday and yes, my cruise is a code red and is being cancelled so that dry dock can start early. Apparently it will be next week before the passengers will be informed but the call centre agent says that I can transfer to another sailing now and apply any compensation later.

1 minute ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I was due to sail on a 5 night round trip from Miami on Explorer 15th March 2020. Sometime in the last 10-14 days all the March 2020 sailings disappeared from the website and I found out some had been Chartered. On my Cruise Planner my reservation changed to a 9 night Dry Dock Cruise going from Miami on 15th March 2020 to France. I rang yesterday and yes, my cruise is a code red and is being cancelled so that dry dock can start early. Apparently it will be next week before the passengers will be informed but the call centre agent says that I can transfer to another sailing now and apply any compensation later.

Yikes - you seem to have had bad luck as of recent.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:50 PM, NateUpNorth said:

On 5/21/2019 at 12:54 PM, Host Clarea said:

According to the website their are no EX sailings available in March/April 2020 so I'm assuming that's when the dry dock will take place.  We're booked for the 9/nt ABC/Labadee in January 2020 so I went to check just to reassure myself!

Edited by voyager70

On 5/23/2019 at 8:36 AM, ONECRUISER said:

Saw those cruises pop up on Royal site couple days ago, Trans Pacific is pretty cheap

Pricing for us here in Australia was also pretty reasonable and as we were looking for something special to do in 2021 I booked us both sectors... .... two very happy campers here🥂:classic_biggrin: