Deployment 2020-21 booking season begins

55 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Singapore to Tokyo is an 'Imersion' cruise🤔🍚🥢

Yep....one of the reasons we would not do first leg. The 2nd leg is very enticing (excellent balcony price), but decided yesterday to not do it. 

Does look like a prime canidate to be cancelled in the future.......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

1) First cruises after drydock

2) Inexpensive TP

3) Royal's track record when selling a longer cruise 2 years out.

Explorer TP was cancelled, had a Mariner TA cancelled, was supposed to be the last cruise before a dry dock.  We are always looking for ways to get back to the USA from Asia every spring, but as stated above this one does not pass the test.  We will be flying to Dubai and getting off in Barcelona instead.  If Ovation sails these cruises at these prices then it is a great cruise, but we won't be rolling the dice.

11 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

When is drydock? We are on in Late February 

Ovation will reposition to Singapore on 20th of March and will go into dry dock once reaching Singapore on 4th of April.

47 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

April 4th - 24th ?

No cruises scheduled for Ovation over those dates

Was my guess. Would do the B2B after those dates in a minute if knew wasnt Dry Dock. So myself though prices are great will pass

Edited by ONECRUISER

9 hours ago, mugtech said:

Explorer TP was cancelled, had a Mariner TA cancelled, was supposed to be the last cruise before a dry dock.  We are always looking for ways to get back to the USA from Asia every spring, but as stated above this one does not pass the test.  We will be flying to Dubai and getting off in Barcelona instead.  If Ovation sails these cruises at these prices then it is a great cruise, but we won't be rolling the dice.

Book it as a refundable rate.  The vast majority of cruises get cancelled before the 6 month mark which leaves plenty of time to secure airfare home.  

I know I should know better after the Explorer TP was cancelled, but I really want to go on Ovation, and I really want to disembark at home (Seattle). The price was so good, I booked the TP in 2021. Plus I will be celebrating the big 70 onboard, so I will remain cautiously optimistic. And I did book refundable rate.

Edited by crzndeb

On 5/22/2019 at 2:55 PM, voyager70 said:

According to the website their are no EX sailings available in March/April 2020 so I'm assuming that's when the dry dock will take place.  We're booked for the 9/nt ABC/Labadee in January 2020 so I went to check just to reassure myself!

They've added a 9 day sailing on Jan. 29, 2021(ABC Islands). Then a 5 day Bahamas on Feb. 7. No cruises from Feb. 13 - March 6(4 weeks). Next available cruise is a 5 day on March 7. yet there's a gap from March 12 - 20(should be another 9 day). That March 7 cruise likely gets canceled as well assuming it's a major renovation like the Navigator just got.

1 hour ago, toad455 said:

They've added a 9 day sailing on Jan. 29, 2021(ABC Islands). Then a 5 day Bahamas on Feb. 7. No cruises from Feb. 13 - March 6(4 weeks). Next available cruise is a 5 day on March 7. yet there's a gap from March 12 - 20(should be another 9 day). That March 7 cruise likely gets canceled as well assuming it's a major renovation like the Navigator just got.

The dry dock is 2020 not 2021.

On 5/21/2019 at 12:50 PM, NateUpNorth said:

Explorer is scheduled for dry dock in 2020....... perhaps they've pushed it to Jan/Feb of 2021?

That's right about when Navigator went in last year..... right after the ABC itinerary was completed. The same one Explorer is scheduled on.

they'd added a 9 day on Jan. 29, 2021. But no sailings at all from Feb. 12 - March 6(4 week gap).

I was due to sail on Explorer 5 night round trip from Miami on 15th March 2020. The previous few sailings are charted cruises. Last week on my Cruise Planner it changed to a 9 night dry dock cruise going from Miami to France! I called and was told that it was code red and was in the process of being cancelled. I transferred my booking to the Ovation Tokyo to Seattle TP and I hope to use my FCC from when Oasis TA had a crane fall on it. Fingers crossed there wont be any more cancellations!!!

Edited by Blue Eyed Belfast Belle
  • Like 1

Some of the info in this article was interesting including this bit:

The mega cruise ship will showcase her self across the world and won’t just be cruising in Asia. The summer 2021 season will be spent sailing out of Shanghai and Tianjin in China. Then later in the year cruises from Australia and New Zealand will be offered. The ship will even be deployed on the U.S. west coast in the winter.

https://www.cruisehive.com/new-details-revealed-for-204000-ton-mega-cruise-ship/32001

Not sure how they can make it work on the West Coast when RCI can't.

25 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Some of the info in this article was interesting including this bit:

The mega cruise ship will showcase her self across the world and won’t just be cruising in Asia. The summer 2021 season will be spent sailing out of Shanghai and Tianjin in China. Then later in the year cruises from Australia and New Zealand will be offered. The ship will even be deployed on the U.S. west coast in the winter.

https://www.cruisehive.com/new-details-revealed-for-204000-ton-mega-cruise-ship/32001

Not sure how they can make it work on the West Coast when RCI can't.

I was thinking about this too, unless they have a different business model from Royal, I don't see occupancy being past 80% most of the time in Aus/NZ/west coast. Especially with how Dream cruise, is the furthest cruise line away from knowing what the western market wants, at this point.

5 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

I was due to sail on Explorer 5 night round trip from Miami on 15th March 2020. The previous few sailings are charted cruises. Last week on my Cruise Planner it changed to a 9 night dry dock cruise going from Miami to France! I called and was told that it was code red and was in the process of being cancelled. I transferred my booking to the Ovation Tokyo to Seattle TP and I hope to use my FCC from when Oasis TA had a crane fall on it. Fingers crossed there wont be any more cancellations!!!

Wow hoping for the best. They day things happen in 3's so be careful on next choice.

I think charters are getting out of control.

8 hours ago, Blue Eyed Belfast Belle said:

We just booked the TP, too!

On 5/25/2019 at 10:00 PM, Beachammo said:

1) First cruises after drydock

2) Inexpensive TP

3) Royal's track record when selling a longer cruise 2 years out.

Agreed. 

I tend not to book cruises right after drydock and is about a 3 weeks drydock so I'm not really sure what they are going to do. 

Though the trade off is that this cruise is going to be a one off and wont happen for the next 4/5 years until Ovation is going for her next scheduled drydock. Good itinerary too!  

On 5/25/2019 at 8:25 AM, John&LaLa said:

Singapore to Tokyo is an 'Imersion' cruise🤔🍚🥢

On 5/25/2019 at 9:29 AM, Beachammo said:

Yep....one of the reasons we would not do first leg. The 2nd leg is very enticing (excellent balcony price), but decided yesterday to not do it. 

Does look like a prime canidate to be cancelled in the future.......

On 5/25/2019 at 10:16 AM, mugtech said:

If they cancel this type of cruise and there are no alternative similar cruises available to switch to are you just SOOL or do they offer some other type of compensation for the inconvenience?  

4 minutes ago, molly361 said:

If they cancel this type of cruise and there are no alternative similar cruises available to switch to are you just SOOL or do they offer some other type of compensation for the inconvenience?  

You get a few dollars of OBC depending on your cabin type to apply to your next cruise......

• Thanks 1