Dear CEO of Royal Carribean...

Dear CEO of Royal Carribean....

1) Why are we always visiting the same ports in the Carribean? After my 5th cruise, I am really tempted to try a new cruise line to discover new ports.

2) And why all the differents companies are having their port of call on the same day, crowding all the excursions? (ex: 6 ships at Nassau).

3) It would be great to have Canadian offers (or at par dollars) for Canadians cruisers. With 32% exchange rate, a 6000$ cruise cost Canadians 8000$, before any activities, excursions or beverage package. So a family cruise can quickly add up to 10 000$. That is not something we can afford regularly.

Not the CEO or even in the know. But one reason that they visit the same ports is the ship. Oasis class is so big it can only get into certain ports. Also they don't want to tender Oasis class. Imagine 6000 people trying to ride tenders to and from the ship.

Transit times also factor in. To go to the Southern Caribbean you need either a longer cruise or to go out of San Juan. Ships only go so fast.

Royal Caribbean has invested a lot of money into Coco Cay, Labadee, Falmouth. Of course they're going to go there.

Different companies are in the same ports on the same days because they all leave the homeports on the same day, their itineraries are the same, and they have to travel the same distances at the same speeds. Try an "odd" cruise of 11 nights and you'll likely see fewer ships in as the cruise would leave on a different day every week or so (depending).

The problem with Canadian Dollars isn't the cruise lines fault. The cruises are priced at U.S dollars. The exchange rate is the exchange rate. If a $6000 usd cruise was $6000 in Canadian dollars, it would cost $4600 in usd after applying today's exchange rate.

Like I said, these are my thoughts only. They're based on assumptions and some things I've heard or read. Could be they charge more for Canadians because y'all burnt down the White House (kidding, I'm former Canadian). LOL :) :) :)

Thanks for the explanations.

However:

-If Disney as Canadian at par offers, so can Royal Carribean

-I get that some ships cannot enter some ports but there are dozens of ships and many different ports. You can also tender.

-You can change the itinerary and swich port of calls.

This post is for a Royal Carribean CEO to read and hopefully take action on some of our suggestions.

If we are answering for them, they wont do anything.

So please post only your suggestions of what you would like to improve and let's keep our fingers crossed that we will have a RCC answer us

If you look at the large number of ships sailing the Caribbean during the usual season for such cruises you have to take into account a lot of things.

Can the newer and almost always LARGER ships dock in certain ports or have space for tendering?

Can the ports supply what cruise ships need such as fuel and other re-supplies needed on longer cruises?

The number of ports with the needed requirements is limited and fitting the large number of ships into their schedules seems to be a very difficult logistical equation. I am sure if they could they would love to offer more variety in their itineraries but are limited as to which and how many ports can supply those needed requirements.

With almost twenty years of cruising to the Caribbean we have been to many ports MANY times over but have enjoyed each one. There is ALWAYS something new to see, especially with only one day visits.

There is always the difference as well as the similarity or familiarity with both the ships we sail on as well as the ports we visit that keep us much happier than any land based vacations we have ever enjoyed, and we will continue to enjoy our Caribbean itineraries, even to the same ports, as much as we enjoy visiting and revisiting our favorite restaurants or watching or re-watching our favorite movies.

I guess we just love every aspect of cruising aside from the last day of each cruise. LOL.

bosco

Thanks for the explanations.

However:

-If Disney as Canadian at par offers, so can Royal Carribean

-I get that some ships cannot enter some ports but there are dozens of ships and many different ports. You can also tender.

-You can change the itinerary and swich port of calls.

This post is for a Royal Carribean CEO to read and hopefully take action on some of our suggestions.

If we are answering for them, they wont do anything.

So please post only your suggestions of what you would like to improve and let's keep our fingers crossed that we will have a RCC answer us

OP, have you actually sent your questions to the CEO in addition to posting them here? I seriously doubt he's going to read your post.

3) It would be great to have Canadian offers (or at par dollars) for Canadians cruisers. With 32% exchange rate, a 6000$ cruise cost Canadians 8000$, before any activities, excursions or beverage package. So a family cruise can quickly add up to 10 000$. That is not something we can afford regularly.

I am sorry that the USD/CAD exchange rate has tanked the last couple of years, but it would hardly be fair to US Citizens if you were allowed to pay less for your cruise, just because you are Canadian. This is essentially what you are asking for. I am engaged to a Canadian, so no offense to your citizenship intended.

1) Why are we always visiting the same ports in the Carribean? After my 5th cruise, I am really tempted to try a new cruise line to discover new ports.

2) And why all the differents companies are having their port of call on the same day, crowding all the excursions? (ex: 6 ships at Nassau).

Royal Caribbean sails to almost every Caribbean island...we know because we have done it.

To sail to other islands you just have to find a Royal Caribbean ship that goes there AND BE WILLING to fly to the embarkation port.

There are many ships out there and there are not enough islands for them all to have exclusive access on a given day.

As far as Canadian money....it is no different than having to convert money to visit European countries...it is what it is.

Telling CC people not to respond to your post is a mistake...if you only want a response from the CEO then write him a private email or letter.

I started this thread to put suggestions so RCC can read it and take action on it. (and yes, RCC read Cruise Critic)

I've asked specifically not to answer/explain/comment the suggestions for RCC, as I want them to answer.

However, instead of posting suggestions, everybody is giving their opinions, to explain why it it this way and why it should not be the other way, basically ruining the purpose of this thread.

So please, once again, post only suggestions in this thread.

No comment, no opinion, no explanations, only suggestions.

Thanks!

I started this thread to put suggestions so RCC can read it and take action on it. (and yes, RCC read Cruise Critic)

I've asked specifically not to answer/explain/comment the suggestions for RCC, as I want them to answer.

However, instead of posting suggestions, everybody is giving their opinions, to explain why it it this way and why it should not be the other way, basically ruining the purpose of this thread.

Thanks!

This is why it might be better to send your concerns directly to RC instead of posting them on a message board.

Thanks!

Okay, here are a couple suggestions:

1) Since you've spent five cruises already going to the same ports, do a little research and find RC cruises that go somewhere else (as someone already pointed out, RC goes just about everywhere in the Caribbean), OR

2) Find a new cruise line.

Simple enough.

If the Canadian currency was called Loonies instead of Dollars, you would probably not be as upset about the difference. Because we share the same name of our currencies, it lends itself to comparisons and feelings of things being unfair. If I was purchasing a cruise that was priced in Pounds Sterling, I would not be comparing, only converting and deciding if it was a price I thought was fair.

You don't get to dictate who and how people comment on your post! This forum may indeed have some low level lackey reading the posts, but it certainly doesn't have the CEO! I doubt that even a low level employee would be passing this thread of complaints on to higher up management!

If the Canadian currency was called Loonies instead of Dollars, you would probably not be as upset about the difference. Because we share the same name of our currencies, it lends itself to comparisons and feelings of things being unfair. If I was purchasing a cruise that was priced in Pounds Sterling, I would not be comparing, only converting and deciding if it was a price I thought was fair.

You don't get to dictate who and how people comment on your post! This forum may indeed have some low level lackey reading the posts, but it certainly doesn't have the CEO! I doubt that even a low level employee would be passing this thread of complaints on to higher up management!

CEO: “So, low level lackey, what do the good folks at Cruise Critic say today?”

Low level lackey: “Well, sir, they suggest we travel to more places in the Caribbean.”

CEO: “Good Lord! Why didn’t I think of that?”

Sorry if my reply was in answer to your first two QUESTIONS..

Just a few suggestions as to the WHY's you posted.:rolleyes: Just in case the CEO doesn't respond.

bosco

Since you want only suggestions:

- Fly to Europe or Asia and cruise different ports

- Fly to SJU and do the southern routes rather than E/W out of FL

- Do a TA or a TP

- Consider the ship, not the ports, as your destination

- Improve your economy (and your monetary value) rather than trying to trash the strong dollar exchange.

Thanks!

You're telling members of an open forum message board called Cruise Critic not to comment or have opinions, and not offer explanations. You're a funny one.

But I'll amuse you & play along. In Florida, one can cruise out of multipe ports, on multiple ships, to multiple ports. In Galveston, although the ship has changed throughout the years, we have the same routes, same ports, each year, every year. Please correct this. Give us more choices, more ports, different routes and longer cruises than 7 days.

Totally agree. This is not your own private forum and everyone on here is just as entitled to an opinion as you. The odds of the CEO or anyone of any authority reading this post are about the same as my winning the Powerball lottery - and I don’t even buy tickets. You will find some very knowledgeable people here. It might behoove you to consider what they have to say.

I have a suggestion, and this is NOT a joke, please use a better coffee brand!!

I used to think the coffee was okay to drink. Now they have changed what they use and it is horrible!!

(I write this knowing that the CEO of Royal will not read or respond to this.)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!

1) Disney does NOT offer a reduced price for Canadians. There may be a separate website that prices in CDN but those prices still reflect the currency differences and YES, the same Disney cruise DOES cost more in CDN than it does in USD simply due to the exchange rate.

2) The CEOs of these cruise lines do NOT read these threads so your request is, at best, unrealistic

3) There are a lot of different itineraries from which you can choose just like all of the rest of us so your post about more ports is not logical. If you don't like a specific port or set of ports, simply select a different ship and itinerary. Nobody else is able to book your own cruises. As an example: It would be illogical for me to ask American Airlines to fly large 767's into my airport simply because I wanted to fly on a larger plane. I have to go to a different airport for the international flights.

4) Based on the unrealistic nature of this thread, it looks far more like a troll post than reality

This is why it might be better to send your concerns directly to RC instead of posting them on a message board.

Best idea yet... sending the troll to another cruise line forum...LOL

Let's see, who would be the "best" to route him to... anyone know the names of the cruise lines that you get to sail on when you sit through one of those 90 minute time share presentations we could offer up for an alternative? LOL

Edited by ndabunka

Why don't you list the cruise ports that you feel Royal should be visiting. I would bet youd be hard pressed to find a half dozen that Royal doesn't visit. Don't forget to exclude ports that aren't big enough to handle Royals ships or the ones that are controlled by another cruise line.

If anything in the past 2 years there are significant more options of various itineraries. San Juan, Costa Maya and Roatan have all been added as stops for Oasis class.

Sent from my STH100-1 using Forums mobile app

I've asked specifically not to answer/explain/comment the suggestions for RCC, as I want them to answer.... ruining the purpose of this thread.... No comment, no opinion, no explanations, only suggestions....

These message boards are open to the public. You don't get to dictate who posts and what they post here. I was going to comment further but your attitude has shown me that it would probably be in vain anyway.

I hope you find peace and joy in life, and realize that you don't always get what you want.

Best idea yet... sending the troll to another cruise line forum...LOL

Let's see, who would be the "best" to route him to... anyone know the names of the cruise lines that you get to sail on when you sit through one of those 90 minute time share presentations we could offer up for an alternative? LOL

Actually I suggested that the OP contact the CEO instead of posting on a message board. But your idea is good too.

There is also something called flying... I'd like to go to Trinidad or Palm Island, the BVI's or St. Vincent. If Royal doesn't stop there look for alternatives. After 13 cruises to the Caribbean on RCCL I understand where you're coming from, but there are alternatives.

I suggest you write Royal Caribbean directly or post this question on their Facebook page. If no one had responded this thread it would have disappeared before anyone at Royal would have read it. You can thank me for pushing it back up to the top of the page.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!

This can’t be serious.