Oprah, Godmother of Nieuw Statendam

Stratheden

Stop the vagueness and tell us exactly what stance you're talking about so we don't have to play guessing games.

No. That’s all I’m going to say. I’m not getting baited any further into a political argument, which is against CC rules.

No. That’s all I’m going to say. I’m not getting baited any further into a political argument, which is against CC rules.

You're the one doing the baiting with your vagueness.

Roz

There's nothing deceptive about Aquahound's post IMHO.
I disagree but the Holland America bashers makes it a waste of time to provide an example, so I'll leave it as a challenge for each of you to provide links to the posts you posted after your recent Carnival cruise, providing examples showing convincingly that Carnival offers decor, appointments, food and service equal to Holland America.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Nobody is asking for a political argument, just statements of fact.
Without saying whether it is good or bad, Oprah's most significant political perspectives involve anti-poverty measures and and gun control measures.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I disagree but the Holland America bashers makes it a waste of time to provide an example, so I'll leave it as a challenge for each of you to provide links to the posts you posted after your recent Carnival cruise, providing examples showing convincingly that Carnival offers decor, appointments, food and service equal to Holland America.

I'll type this slowly for you. One more time....I'm contesting your assertion that there are definitively 3 categories of cruises. You stated it as fact. It is not a fact. That is your opinion. Nowhere is it set in stone what are the specific cruise line categories. You think its 3. I think its 4. Someone on this thread thinks its 2. Again, its all a matter of opinion.

I'll type this slowly for you. One more time....I'm contesting your assertion that there are definitively 3 categories of cruises. You stated it as fact. It is not a fact. That is your opinion. Nowhere is it set in stone what are the specific cruise line categories. You think its 3. I think its 4. Someone on this thread thinks its 2. Again, its all a matter of opinion.

You are exactly right. I’m a former part owner of a cruise travel agency and we didn’t even know for sure. We made our own classes. I believe we started with 3 and were up to 5 when I sold my share.

With reference to a previous post, if it really matters, concerning the money invested into Silverseas by RCI, I am surprised on two levels: one, as a cruise customer. I thought Azamara was their "luxury" product. Now, it is not. Where does Azamara fit in cruise guests' thinking? Second, as a shareholder of RCI: when I read the financial reports of RCI compared with CCL, is this investment wise?

Once again, you are looking for opinion, not fact. It's your apparent confusion between the the two that is fueling this discussion.

Once again, you are looking for opinion, not fact. It's your apparent confusion between the the two that is fueling this discussion.
Nonsense. It's the desire by some to have Holland America bashing dominate the thread.

I thought Azamara was their "luxury" product. Now, it is not. Where does Azamara fit in cruise guests' thinking?

I always looked at Azamara as a Premium line, like Oceania.

Edit...Actually, this site has cruises broken down into 7 categories, which is the most I've seen to date. They too put Azamara together with Oceania as Premium:

http://www.travelharmony.com/more/cruises_cat_more.html

The question is whether you would pay Seabourn-more if that was what was necessary to retain "the sea voyage aspect".

Based on just a few glances of Seabourn prices, I doubt it. However, it won’t ever be necessary. HAL will have ships that I like for quite some time (although apparently not forever, considering their recent additions). I liked Crown Princess, and the QM2. Shoulder/off peak TAs on the latter are quite reasonable.

I don’t understand. Which part of the thread is this a reply to? Hopefully it’s not a joke about Oprah!
It's an attempt to make a funny about the different classes of ships.

Roz

Sent from my LGL58VL using Forums mobile app

I always looked at Azamara as a Premium line, like Oceania.

Edit...Actually, this site has cruises broken down into 7 categories, which is the most I've seen to date. They too put Azamara together with Oceania as Premium:

http://www.travelharmony.com/more/cruises_cat_more.html

Interesting. Where does RCI see Celebrity fitting?

The only political thing Oprah has ever done, and for some reason it seems to send people over the edge, is when on her TV show she endorsed her Senator, Barack Obama, for President. It's so benign in the scheme of things.

Roz

There is another reason many don’t like Oprah. Saying it’s her politics is cover.