Why are they so special?

miched

Can we please address the elephant in the room that no one wants to mention, well I will and I am making no social comment here just bringing up a fact. All you have to do is watch TV now and you will obviously notice that it is the thing now for advertisers to show mixed race couples. Good luck to them.

This is the same thing as a couple of months ago they put a big press release out about having their first gay wedding at sea. Just an advertising gimmick.

I wonder did you work for the marketing Department?

You seem be the only one that figure this out.

I wonder did you work for the marketing Department?

You seem be the only one that figure this out.

Think a lot of people figured it out, I just said it openly. I read an article awhile back on internet and started noticing it

Edited by dkjretired

Think a lot of people figured it out, I just said it openly.

I've seen Celebrity use pictures of Gay couples (both male and female), Asians, Older couples, families with kids, etc. Seeing pictures of "people like you" tends to make people feel more comfortable and may serve to attract some to the product being advertised. Pure and simple it's only a marketing strategy.

I've seen Celebrity use pictures of Gay couples (both male and female), Asians, Older couples, families with kids, etc. Seeing pictures of "people like you" tends to make people feel more comfortable and may serve to attract some to the product being advertised. Pure and simple it's only a marketing strategy.

Absolutely agree..

My only comment is - why am I not special enough to have ever received an 'exclusive Captain's Club Newsletter' at all???

Lol, those were my thoughts as well.

Guess they lost my email address... :p

My future husband proposed on a cruise 42 years ago. But we didn't tell anyone. Silly us.

Maybe a redux is in order... so you can be in the following issue! :cool:

bon voyage

Because this is the type of people that Celebrity wants to cruise with them, that simple.

J.

I have been assured that I Am the type they want to cruise with them as well.... and I Am sure you are included in the demographic, too.

bon voyage

You can't blame them, really, for wanting to cultivate a younger generation. We aren't going to be around forever. But they tried to do it too fast too soon a while back with the blasting music, etc., that they thankfully abandoned. But it will eventually happen.

Have been a Captain Club member since 2002, I used to get the letter in the mail, then it stopped and never restarted in e-mails. My husband and I are celebrating our 50th anniversary on our upcoming cruise and I can't wait to go with or without recognition, I know he is happy that we are still married. Think I'll go check out the CC newsletter, if I can find it.

Congrats to all who are celebrating special occasions.

The picture allows Celebrity to reach several target audiences. They mention Suites and a proposal. They are representative of the demographic that Celebrity is targeting. Mentioning that they are from St Louis and are busy with their careers tends to support the notion that they go to some effort to take a Celebrity cruise and they've always found it enjoyable. They also spend time in the story to feature the staff.

Nothing is done by accident. This story is just marketing and the picture and story check all the boxes.

Congratulations to the couple!

That actually did cross my mind that younger people are getting sky suites. Call me cheap, but I can afford suites, but I don't think I would ever get one.

That actually did cross my mind that younger people are getting sky suites. Call me cheap, but I can afford suites, but I don't think I would ever get one.

h - Okay, you are cheap and so am I or rather it is how we choose to sail, which far more important than cabin level or so I believe.

I Am always looking to trade dining rooms, from time to time with those in a suite... ;p

During our Alaska sailing last year, I did have friends who switched with us, with the blessing of the Maitre d' and it was great.. the sailing before we were able to do it in Blu... both delish, to say the least.. but not enough to ante up for them outright! LOL

bon voyage

I wish they would have featured us! I proposed to my then-boyfriend onboard Equinox last May, and the ship staff helped me plan something memorable and I had a photographer there as well.

But, we weren't in a suite so maybe that has something to do with it? :P

Think a lot of people figured it out, I just said it openly. I read an article awhile back on internet and started noticing it
You can point out the elephant in the room as long as you're not surprised when people

accuse you of making up the elephant or stirring up an issue which is not an elephant . :D

Can we please address the elephant in the room that no one wants to mention, well I will and I am making no social comment here just bringing up a fact. All you have to do is watch TV now and you will obviously notice that it is the thing now for advertisers to show mixed race couples. Good luck to them.

This is the same thing as a couple of months ago they put a big press release out about having their first gay wedding at sea. Just an advertising gimmick.

So in your world, in this day and age, a biracial couple in an advertisement is the elephant in the room? How unutterably sad. I'm glad I don't live in your world.

As for the gay wedding announcement, of course it was advertising. And I'm sure the LGBTQ community were happy to know that they would be welcomed aboard X's ships. Is this another elephant in your room. If so, it must be getting crowded in there.

I agree. They're not really suites - more like slightly larger cabins (but still smaller than your average hotel room) with use of a slightly fancy restaurant thrown in and maybe a big structural support in the middle of your cabin. Just my opinion, but I think for a marriage proposal, there are better ways........ if they say "no" you're stuck in the middle of the ocean with them :-)

Edited by DYKWIA

So in your world, in this day and age, a biracial couple in an advertisement is the elephant in the room? How unutterably sad. I'm glad I don't live in your world.

As for the gay wedding announcement, of course it was advertising. And I'm sure the LGBTQ community were happy to know that they would be welcomed aboard X's ships. Is this another elephant in your room. If so, it must be getting crowded in there.

Thank you.

You can point out the elephant in the room as long as you're not surprised when people

accuse you of making up the elephant or stirring up an issue which is not an elephant . :D

Ii only stated a fact.....No one accused me of otherwise. I also stated that the subject was not the Elephant in the room but the fact that no one would mention it. I really wish people would learn to read. A number of people agree that this was just an advertising gimmick which I also agreed with.

Edited by dkjretired

Perhaps you should actually read my comments, I stated a fact and my opinion was just the opposite. Everyone before me was beating around the bush, I was honest and made no comments as a matter of fact congratulated the couple. Gee, I wish people would learn to read.

Ii only stated a fact.....No one accused me of otherwise. I also stated that the subject was not the Elephant in the room but the fact that no one would mention it. I really wish people would learn to read. A number of people agree that this was just an advertising gimmick which I also agreed with.

But what was the point of mentioning it? How did this add to the conversation? Moreover, why does it matter what their race/ethnic background is?

Perhaps you should actually read my comments, I stated a fact and my opinion was just the opposite. Everyone before me was beating around the bush, I was honest and made no comments as a matter of fact congratulated the couple. Gee, I wish people would learn to read.

I read the thread from its inception, including those by you and the response of Bo. My own take was that it was the general grumble about "Suite Folks" versus Loyal Celebrity Cruisers. Nothing more. There was IMHO no elephant in the room. Only you can know what your intention may have been, but your responses left yourself open.