Behavior Issues

This is completely obnoxious and unacceptable behavior. "A little kid" who is old enough to get ice cream by himself at 10:30 pm is old enough not to cut in line.

Maybe we all weren't perfect....but it was the job of our parents to teach us common courtesy.

Curious...but why do you think it was ok to cut and not wait...since, as you said, the line was only 3 people deep?

I said it may have been improper but not a big deal. Did you have 100% common courtesy while having the time of your life when you were 8? You sound a bit unstable, relax ...... breathe.

I must really be the odd man out. I have not had any issues with ANY kids on a cruise. I look at it that they are kids and yes they may not do everything proper but if an 8 year old cut in front of me no big deal.

What I do hate more is the adults who think they are special.

Bingo! There are 10 times more of them on any given cruise .....

I will never cease to be amazed when I read a review by "an experienced cruiser" that gives a poor review on a ship when the only thing that they really griped about in the review was the behavior of unattended children.

When you look at the time of the cruise it always seems to be when school is not in session.

If you really are an "experienced cruiser" you should know better than to cruise at these times. And, if you have children that have to go with you, suck it up, and realize that that is the way of the cruise world.

It is NOT the way of the cruise world. Being on a cruise does not mean you get to stop being a parent and dump your parenting responsibilities on other passengers.

A school teacher/employee may be the only caveat to this...they may or may not be able to get time off during school. Other than that, the main stream cruise lines will have kids on them when school is out....even some when school is in session. It's part of life...without kids, we will have no adults in the future.

Plan accordingly.

That's true. My husband is a retired high school teacher, so long after our kids were grown, we were still tied to a school schedule.

@JamieLogical I have visions of you reaching out and just smashing that cone in his little face and then saying, "Oh, sorry, didn't mean to bump you."

The things you wish you would've thought of (or had the nerve to do) in the moment...

I had the same exact vision!

I said it may have been improper but not a big deal. Did you have 100% common courtesy while having the time of your life when you were 8? You sound a bit unstable, relax ...... breathe.

Pay more attention to your kids and their education.

Wow. A thread complaining about people who complain. My kid story, I was having dinner next table over were three 13 year old girls. No parents. They were talking and loud. Yes it bugged me a little bit, but I figured they were having a good time away from the parents.

I like kids if they behave. It's the out of control ones I don't like.

Come on now, an 8 year old that cuts in front of the line to get soft serve ice cream at 10:30 at night isn't a ship sinker. How long was the line at 10:30? 3 people deep? It may have been improper but it's a little kid geting ice cream .... seems pety to me and has me questioning which one was the kid and who was having a meltdown over something so small. I'm sure everyone here was perfect when they were 8. :confused::rolleyes:

I would just shrug it off if a kid jumped in line in front of me to get an ice cream and would attribute it to excitement and possibly not paying attention that there were others waiting. Except...JamieLogical mentioned that he turned around after getting his ice cream and stared at her for a good 20 seconds while eating his ice cream and intentionally blocking the machine from her. Sounds like a taunt to me and wouldn't have gone over well with me at all. Youthful exuberance is one thing; intentionally being nasty is quite another.

I would just shrug it off if a kid jumped in line in front of me to get an ice cream and would attribute it to excitement and possibly not paying attention that there were others waiting. Except...JamieLogical mentioned that he turned around after getting his ice cream and stared at her for a good 20 seconds while eating his ice cream and intentionally blocking the machine from her. Sounds like a taunt to me and wouldn't have gone over well with me at all. Youthful exuberance is one thing; intentionally being nasty is quite another.

No one says anything to this kid. Next step is knocking down other kids. Then stealing their stuff. Then robbing their parents house. Kids that are not taught discipline sooner or later become a more serious problem for society.

My wife and I raised two, a girl and a boy. If either of them ever did this to an adult, they would have spent the rest of the cruise in the cabin. And they knew that. Now they are both successful professionals. I had a friend that had a son one day older than mine. He thought something like the story above was no big deal. His son is now a resident of a federal penitentiary for the next 18-30 years.

I usually worry a bit when I see kids running in the eating areas such as windjammer buffet. To knock over an elderly person and cause a broken hip is what comes to mind. Only on one cruise of ten did we see 2 little kids really out of control, climbing, running, and parents not even turning to see what they were doing. I was surprised that no one working in that area didn`t step in. Maybe burned out parents. Don`t know. Would think cruise line would fear injury and lawsuit.

I'm sure everyone here was perfect when they were 8. :confused::rolleyes:

Many posters here were never even kids....probably born as adults...maybe they even drove themselves home shortly after being delivered at the hospital!

Many posters here were never even kids....probably born as adults...maybe they even drove themselves home shortly after being delivered at the hospital!

Many here had parents who actually were parents who supervised their children, taught them right, and realized that being on vacation did not mean that they were no longer parents.

I travel with my young kids and If it were my kid jumping in front of the line, I’d tell him to wait his turn.

On the end of cruise forms people who are unhappy with dealing with kids behavior should tell ncl to keep their kids clubs open longer. Right now, they close for 2hours from 12-2 and 5-7 on sea days for lunch and dinner. If they closed for one hour each, that would be two less hours that kids are running around unsupervised or barely supervised (I’m assuming parents who don’t want to watch their kids leave them in the kids club as long as possible).

And ye, I agree the parents should supervise their kids, but with some families that’s not a realistic goal unfortunately. So the kids clubs being open will minimize the disturbance.

This is completely obnoxious and unacceptable behavior. "A little kid" who is old enough to get ice cream by himself at 10:30 pm is old enough not to cut in line.

Maybe we all weren't perfect....but it was the job of our parents to teach us common courtesy.

Curious...but why do you think it was ok to cut and not wait...since, as you said, the line was only 3 people deep?

I would have hip checked the kid out of the way and then proceeded to get my ice cream.

I guess I'm a little stunned by this comment. As a parent I would say we are responsible for out children 100% of the time, are in charge of supervising them 100% of the time and it's not a goal. It's required by law and just is what parenting is.

And ye, I agree the parents should supervise their kids, but with some families that’s not a realistic goal unfortunately.

I will never cease to be amazed when I read a review by "an experienced cruiser" that gives a poor review on a ship when the only thing that they really griped about in the review was the behavior of unattended children.

When you look at the time of the cruise it always seems to be when school is not in session.

If you really are an "experienced cruiser" you should know better than to cruise at these times. And, if you have children that have to go with you, suck it up, and realize that that is the way of the cruise world.

I don't think anyone should have to suck it up, there are certain sailings, like Alaska where the best time is July and August, so KIDS.

NCL is not responsible for the little brats behavior unless something is brought to their attention and they drag their feet addressing it. Such as one poster and review where the brats were running up and down the Haven at 10:30 at night ringing doorbells and it took a few attempts for NCL to finally talk to the parents to make it stop.

Kids should have a good time, but parents should be parents.

I would think most of the kids are just kids having fun, unfortunately once in awhile you get some undisciplined little brats whose parents think they do no wrong.

It' unfortunate for those passengers in close proximity to have to put up with it.

One thing on the ice cream story, though the turning and glaring might negate this thought, is that when traveling internationally, it helps to be aware that not all cultures understand or respect the concept of queuing on line. Yes it is annoying, but if someone has grown up in a culture where pushing and shoving to the front is the norm, it's probably not realistic to expect them to suddenly get it on a ship. If you want to read endless examples google Brazilian teenagers at Disney.