Upgrade potential with $850 is this a good deal?

Just got an email from Royal Caribbean would I be interested in a paid upgrade if one was available from a balcony to a junior suite on a 9 day cruise for $850 total. This will be our first time on Royal so I'm asking for advice as to if this is a good deal. I'd be on a list and they would call if they wanted to offer it to me. Thanks for your input.

That is almost $100 per day - is that way lower than the current difference in cabin prices - I would only take an upsell if it was a substantially lower price - this seems a little high to me

Just got an email from Royal Caribbean would I be interested in a paid upgrade if one was available from a balcony to a junior suite on a 9 day cruise for $850 total. This will be our first time on Royal so I'm asking for advice as to if this is a good deal. I'd be on a list and they would call if they wanted to offer it to me. Thanks for your input.

So that's about an extra $94.00 per night....I would do it but then I always book a JS (favorite category). The question is is it worth it to you?

However keep in mind this calling by RCI has been happening a lot and not many have really gotten the call back...so don't count on it.

Thanks, junior suites weren't available when I booked so I had no bottom line to go by as to how much higher they were than a balcony room. I didn't know what amentities would be different in a junior suite versus a balcony room either.

Thanks, junior suites weren't available when I booked so I had no bottom line to go by as to how much higher they were than a balcony room. I didn't know what amentities would be different in a junior suite versus a balcony room either.

That would have been why I would have jumped at that offer is if no JS were available when I originally booked.

The amenities that are important to us is a walkin closet, tub/shower combo, double cruise points and the larger cabin that is more like a hotel room.

I wouldn't spend the money.

Not a deal. That's about the cost if you booked it in the first place

That would have been why I would have jumped at that offer is if no JS were available when I originally booked.

The amenities that are important to us is a walkin closet, tub/shower combo, double cruise points and the larger cabin that is more like a hotel room.

No walk-in closet on Anthem.

No double points on an upsell.

No walk-in closet on Anthem.

No double points on an upsell.

Oh well then I still would have done it for the tub/shower...I would have had to make due with those darn standing closets and the double point make no difference to me at this point...But I still would have at least got on that list ;)

I would do it for that length of time. More space, some additional perks and double cruise points (if that will matter in the long run) would make it worth it for me.

No double points on low cost up sell.

No deal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree, I'd take it if offered on this longer cruise...

I paid less than $1500 per person originally, I got a very good deal in May and it hasn't been that low since. I put in on the upgrade and if they call me I can decide then.

Do they tell you what cabin you will be moved to or can it be anywhere on ship. My husband doesn't like to be down to close to the water. We are currently on deck 9.

I paid less than $1500 per person originally, I got a very good deal in May and it hasn't been that low since. I put in on the upgrade and if they call me I can decide then.

Do they tell you what cabin you will be moved to or can it be anywhere on ship. My husband doesn't like to be down to close to the water. We are currently on deck 9.

The lowest you could be in a JS is deck 6. They would tell you what the cabin is and then you could decide.

Most people get these e mails and never get a call back with an actual offer.

I am happy to be going on cruise in my current room so if they don't call that is fine. It said in the offer they call you once and if you do not answer they move on to the next person.

Thanks for all the input.

I replied to that email and last week (30 days out from sailing date) I got the phone call. CAD$730 for an upgrade to JS from balcony on Allure.

It was a no-brainer for me. It's about USD$550 for 3 people total for 7 nights. The bigger bathroom, larger balcony and access to Coastal Kitchen are huge wins. Plus, I moved from deck 11 to deck 8, which moves me to Central Park, my favorite spot on the Oasis-class ships.

The agent did confirm: no double-points on discounted upsells.

I replied to that email and last week (30 days out from sailing date) I got the phone call. CAD$730 for an upgrade to JS from balcony on Allure.

It was a no-brainer for me. It's about USD$550 for 3 people total for 7 nights. The bigger bathroom, larger balcony and access to Coastal Kitchen are huge wins. Plus, I moved from deck 11 to deck 8, which moves me to Central Park, my favorite spot on the Oasis-class ships.

The agent did confirm: no double-points on discounted upsells.

Great move with three passengers! Enjoy!