Who do you book your cruise with?

We've taken 30+ cruises and have only booked with a TA twice to get points on our hotel rewards program, but when issues came up they didn't handle it very well. Also they charge administration fee and cancellation fee. Lately I have checked their website and see that they are offering the same price as the cruise lines plus perks, but you have to make your payment in full and is not refundable. :oSo now I always book directly with the cruise line.

All cruise lines that we use have assigned a cruise consultant. The one we use on HAL is excellent. She monitors the prices and promotions. On our cruise to Norway last month, she notified us twice of a reduction in price and called me about a promotion that was great for us. The consultant we were assigned on RCI is not as helpful and has been non-existent on this reservation we have in two months. The consultant for celebrity was very nice and helped us book the best option for us.

So I prefer to do it myself. Sometimes I call and sometimes I just book online.

So we are happy with booking with the cruise lines directly. :D

Yes. Control is everything. :)
Same here. I always just book with Royal agent directly (I e. On phone). If any changes to price it room, then I just give them a call...always available and don't need to worry about weekend or after hours ..which is my typical time to call.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

We try to book onboard to take advantage of any offers and then hand it over to our TA. We have an excellent Travel Agent who works for a large agency in the UK. If it wasn't for him I would either keep the booking myself or shop around but he's given us such good service over the years and we've recommended him to a number of people who've also received great service.

We don't tend to get lots of TA perks in the UK but if there are any issues with our bookings we have to deal with the (often inept) customer service people in Guatemala. By using our TA we don't have to deal with the hassle or the hanging on the phone for ages, he does it all for us and has been very tenacious on a number of occasions.

I've tried TAs numerous times. The best offer I ever got was for $25 more in OBC. Maybe it's because I tend to book cheaper bookings, interior, early rate, off-season, that they don't have a ton of markup?

Anyways, now I use my credit card points to pay for my cruises. It gives me a great redemption value, I am covered by travel insurance from my card, and best of all, nothing comes out of pocket.

Always use a Large internet Floida travel agency . Have been on 66 cruises and have five booked. always check Royals price when at home and agencies price. When on board carry I pad and get current agency offering and usually check on board booking, what they are giving. My agency always gives tips on all Royal and Celebrity except for low price insides. Many times my agency throws in $50,$75, or $100.00 OBC as adds to their group booking, or throws in a specialty dinning and or spa treatment. If I book on board I transfer booking to my agency when I get home and get the add ons. I have done the Royal Booking and saved a very small percentage of what I get on every booking with the outside agency. I get all the Royal benefits and then get the add ons. Bob & Nancy

That's just it ... can't say/discuss 'Expedia'. That is a travel agent.

Search engine would have been a better choice of words which is basically what the word you quoted is. There are many of those. They even have one on CC

We always use a Travel Agent. She has saved us a ton of money over the years. If you book directly with RCCL & have a problem who will they side with? Book with a TA & if there is a problem they spend the time straightening things out. Book with RCCL & you get to spend the hours on the phone. Your choice.

Have a B2B on the Allure in October. Booked through an online travel agency. They are giving us $300 obc and dinner for two in a specialty restaurant for each leg. The obc is refundable so it's like getting a price reduction as it'll be going home with us. If that's giving up control, you can have it. They do absolutely nothing with your reservation without your ok.

For other cruises I have booked direct with the cruise line and I still prefer it, but with Royal Caribbean I've found the deals booking "Buyer's Choice" cruises from my warehouse club too good to pass up. They offer balcony rooms for less than the price of an inside booking direct from RCI, and include a bunch of extras like specialty dining, soda, onboard and store credits.

Who do you book your cruise with?

Hi LiveUrLife :)

My wife & I typically reserve our sailings directly through the cruise line which we are traveling with so that we can own our reservation. We have not used a travel agent in many years.

We cruise with Royal, Princess & Carnival.

Whenever I phone a cruise line to book a voyage I always ask them, "What can you offer us?".

Over the past few decades we have used travel agents concerning incentives, just not too often. The price, the onboard credit, upgrades, and incentives have to be just right for us to give up ownership of a reservation.

We've had some good travel agent experiences, some not so good. In the end, the past 12 years or more, I try to avoid them when possible & book directly.

In regards to Royal Caribbean (our next sailing) I am happy to say that they were quite generous. Their representatives have been good to us during previous voyages as well.

The current sale at the time offered a $200 onboard credit. The Royal Caribbean representative when booking on the phone, offered an additional ($50), total $250 onboard credit. Champagne & rose petals ($65.00), Happy Anniversary room decor package ($45.00), Dozen Long Stemmed Red Roses ($75.00) and a Celebration Cake ($25.00).

It never hurts to ask, "What can you offer us" when booking. Unless of course you're booking online with a computer.

Have a terrific day! Happy sailing!

:)

More than two dozen cruises on Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. We almost always book on board, about a year in advance because of vacation scheduling, get the veranda we want, usually a low deposit, an OBC, maybe a perk or two from the representative and then once back on land we verify the vacation times and switch the booking to our very reliable TA, who always throws in a decent OBC and an additional perk or two.

Works for us.

bosco