Cocktails for Diamond Lounge

We are new to diamond status and will be taking a 24 day B2B cruise in Sept-Oct. Just wondering about the drinks for Diamond. I have seen the menu for the Diamond Lounge Happy Hour posted but since this is new to me, I am wondering if you can order mixed drinks using the alcohols listed, ie a Bay Breeze (vodka with cranberry and pineapple juice) or a Mexican Madras (tequila with orange and cranberry juice). Maybe even a tequila sunrise. I am so new to this and don't want to look too out of place.

Thank you so much

There is tequila available. You can get a so-called margarita. But the mix is terrible in my opinion. OJ, and cranberry juice are available for mixing and usually Roses lime juice. Usually you can get a plain martini or a dirty martini as well as cosmos and lemon drops. In many D lounges they will be making special "martinis". Just ask what they are making on your cruise. We often get a bloody mary, tho' that mix is not listed. Just ask.

Thank you so much' date=' everyone. The info has been very helpful. I usually drink the high calorie frozen drinks (ugh) but I understand those are not available. So I'm just trying to find something else I might like.[/quote']

I have seen frozen drinks served. The server brought them in from the bar right outside the lounge and it is even possible the person ordering had a drink package but you never know. A good tip may just get you your frozen drinks too.

If you can get a plain martini, am I correct that I may also order a Manhattan?

Absolutely. There's a lot of cocktails that fit into the mix of available spirits. My usual DL drink is a Negroni: Gin, red vermouth and Campari in equal parts. Herbs and spices all playing together to stimulate the appetite, and bitter enough to not assuage any feeling of being hungry.

On Anthem last week someone asked and was told no frozen drinks. Someone else requested brandy alexander. Server said cream not on menu, but managed to deliver just one as an exception. DW was drinking tequila sunrises until she spotted others with chocolate martinis. Switched to those for remainder of sailing.

• 2 weeks later...
If you can get a plain martini, am I correct that I may also order a Manhattan?

You can get something like a Manhattan if you're willing to accept Tennessee whiskey instead of rye or bourbon. They only have Jack Daniels on the list. In the face of that, I prefer a Rob Roy (scotch version) or Rory O'Mory (Irish whiskey version).

Even with the limited drinks menu, some of the bartenders are pretty good at mixing the drinks. Not sure if they sneak certain items in or what. I've had some really good Cosmos, LIITs and lemon drops in the lounges. However on our April cruise on AD, the DL servers were really nice, but the drinks they made were terrible. Never had that happen before. Everything was bad and so I stuck to the cheap sparkling wine.

btw if you go out to use your vouchers in the bars, they are usually a lot stricter about the drinks available. I've always had Cosmos in the lounges but on AD, the Champagne bartender told me 'we don't have those ingredients, so no'. And they were using New Amsterdam vodka for their martinis, too. But the wine was actually better ($10 bottle vs $3 bottle) in that bar and also in the WJ bar. No promises, though. ymmv

One comment to the OP. Since you are new at this. As you probably know, you get 3 free drinks loaded nightly on your SeaPass for use in bars around the ship. Whenever I order a drink at a bar, I make sure to tell them I want it on the D+ menu. If you order, say a Mudslide, and don't specify, you could get a Mudslide AND the bill for the drink. Like pointed out, Frozen Drinks aren't included. BUT if you ask a bartender, "can I get a Mudslide with my Diamond drinks," he could say yes. No harm in asking, there is a potential cost in not specifying.