Policy Change - Non Alcoholic Beverages

All they would have to do to cut down on the water being brought onboard is offer it for sale at a reasonable price, like Carnival.

That would only make sense. So It's 12 per room. What if the two people sharing the room board separately? Are they going to keep count?

This reads a little like good news to me: I thought we couldn't bring any drinks onboard except for the 2 bottles of wine. We leave on my first RC cruise (and only 2nd ever) in less than 2 weeks.

For clarification: Does this mean my boyfriend can bring a 6 or 12pk of Monster on board? He's totally addicted and will make due with the Red Bull I think is included in his beverage package, but I know would love some Monster.

If its allowed onboard as a carry on, is he stuck lugging it around the ship until our room is available?

Not even in effect yet and already looking for ways around it? [emoji23]

I'm buying the drink package and even if I weren't I wouldn't be carrying any beverage that couldn't be purchased on board. If I wanted to lug around cases of water I would just go camping. Even taking 2 bottles of wine on board wouldn't happen.

I'm buying the drink package and even if I weren't I wouldn't be carrying any beverage that couldn't be purchased on board. If I wanted to lug around cases of water I would just go camping. Even taking 2 bottles of wine on board wouldn't happen.

I think we're in this same boat - I'm a drinker, have the drink package and so won't be dealing with the trouble of trying find weight in our bags for 2 bottles of wine. But just to reiterate, we'll be hauling a 12pk of drinks around with us until rooms open? That sounds like a nightmare I'd like to avoid. Could we put stuff down somewhere on embarkation day safely, the way people leave stuff on pool loungers?

(Side note, some might apreciate: on my first and only other cruise, 6-ish years ago, I managed to make weight for those 2 bottles of allowed wine and a few other rum runner-style booze containers in the same bag we're bringing for this trip without them - and airlines still limit to 50lbs. I've never packed so well since and wish I could remember how I did it! - - I was broke as a joke at the time, had just finished grad school and was making pennies as a substitute teacher plus odd, part-time jobs. Either grad school gave me an efficient-packing brain boost, or being super super poor did, but I've never packed so well since. )

I think we're in this same boat - I'm a drinker, have the drink package and so won't be dealing with the trouble of trying find weight in our bags for 2 bottles of wine. But just to reiterate, we'll be hauling a 12pk of drinks around with us until rooms open? That sounds like a nightmare I'd like to avoid. Could we put stuff down somewhere on embarkation day safely, the way people leave stuff on pool loungers?

I didn't even think about that. It's bad enough having to walk around with the carry ons.

Standard 17oz can? I have seen 12oz, 16oz and 24oz however, I thought 12oz was standard in the US. Is 17oz standard somewhere else?

And I had no idea what size 17oz was.... !

Our tins of coke are 330ml, which is just under 12oz. Apparently.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

if its going to be like carnival, then will confiscate it and not return it if they see it in the checked luggage.

it makes sense that they confiscate it if they are going to enforce their new rule. they have no idea if you took beverages in your carryon and your checked luggage so they will not allow it in your checked luggage.

my guess is they will be hard on the checked luggage at first and see how it goes.

It is nice that they allow it at all and maybe easier on staff if can’t check it. My question is will it hold up the line opening that 12 pack of water and shaking every bottle? Smuggling was part of the reason I think they banned bringing water onboard

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

shouldn't. its an easy check to see if the water bottles are still sealed. plus don't they make packs of bottled water that are shrink wrapped? just don't tear off the shrink wrap.

shouldn't. its an easy check to see if the water bottles are still sealed. plus don't they make packs of bottled water that are shrink wrapped? just don't tear off the shrink wrap.

Back when I was younger I would sneak in liquor using the bottles of water that are shrink wrapped. It's very easy to get a few bottles out and put them back in and make it look like it's untouched. When on a strict budget you can really find some funny ways to sneak alcohol on.. lol

I would think the fact that people constantly put luggage tags on and treated cases of water as checked luggage is the entire reason for the change. There is enough to haul with everyone's ACTUAL luggage, that it probably became administratively burdensome (logistics of all the extra "baggage"). Now, if you want it, you have to carry it. Seems reasonable to me.

Use a piece of luggage with wheels.

My carryon with a change of cloths does have wheels and it's bad enough having to walk around with that and eat lunch and such. I have no intention of bring on anything extra like water, or wine. Most of the time we fly to port so bringing liquids isn't an option for us anyway. This time we are driving to Cape Liberty and could bring beverages but won't. If I'm paying for the drink package you bet I'm going to drink their bottled water and wine. I know everyone has a different budget but I never felt the need to bring any of these extra things on board. I'm ok with drinking the ships tap water.

Anyone have any ideas of bottles can be glass - ie: starbucks bottled frappuccinos?

Bottles of wine are allowed and they are glass. I would assume bottles of frappuccinos would be ok.

I think this will be hilarious watching people carry on a case of water and hold it for 2 hours until cabins are ready.

Also, to the person asking if they keep count if you enter at a different time than your cabin mate, we’ve traveled with people who bring 4 bottles of a wine they like and never have an issue by going through different security lines or waiting a few minutes apart.

I would think the fact that people constantly put luggage tags on and treated cases of water as checked luggage is the entire reason for the change. There is enough to haul with everyone's ACTUAL luggage, that it probably became administratively burdensome (logistics of all the extra "baggage"). Now, if you want it, you have to carry it. Seems reasonable to me.

I agree that it's burden. However if they charged a realistic amount of money for bottled water I'm sure that passengers would opt for that than having to be burdened with packing it from home. Right now a 12 pack of Evian water is selling for $39 dollars and a 24 pack is $69 on my cruise planner. That's just robbery. I bet if they sold it for $15 and $25 dollars that people would buy it rather than hauling it from home and they would still make money. A case of 24 bottled waters are always on sale in my neighborhood at 3 cases for $10.

Perhaps if they charged a reasonable price for bottled water they'd have to find a place to store it and the bottles they already need for refreshment, deluxe packages and diamond perks eat up lots of storage space as it is.

That mega food episode on Oasis made it seem like there isn't a lot of extra storage space. Since the water is drinkable on the ship and once can refill using clean cup, I don't really have a problem with them charging a lot for it.

Quick question about the 2 bottles of wine in the carry on

Who is enforcing the law at the security point because for me those employee don’t seem to work for Royal instead for the port of Miami ( maybe I’m wrong )

I had a friend bringing a gallon of water n was stopped for a reason that we never knew but they never shakes the bottle of water anyways.

Last but not least if I forgot my carry on so where inside the ship will security pick it up and hold it till I pick it up?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So, does it have to be in a case? I like a variety of sodas, teas, and sparkling fruit waters. Can I make a mix as long as I keep it under the total allowed?

The policy takes effect September 1, so there have been no reports on the details of how this will work.

My guess is that they don't care if you mix.

The policy takes effect September 1, so there have been no reports on the details of how this will work.

My guess is that they don't care if you mix.

Thanks. I appreciate the timely response!

I would not think they would mind. I have 5 weeks ish to I cruise so I'll keep my eyes open for answers.:):)

I’ll be watching to see how this works out. We pack a duffle with 32 16 oz. for the week and check it. I’m okay with carrying it on although it’s a pain.

Again if the water bottle charge was reasonable I’d love to buy it rather then lug it on board and stop for it on the way to the pier. I just can’t buy their water. It’s too much, absolute robbery. And I don’t like the huge bottles it comes in.

We don’t buy the drink package.

Hubby is excited because we can bring a few cartons of shelf stable milk for our daughter. She needs it with her medication and he would be stuck going to get her milk in the morning and evening. I haven't cruised in years but used to take Pepsi on because I don't drink Coke.